Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
If your criteria of "close to the city centre" is flexible, then I would recommend a favourite of mine - the Hilton at Wembley. It is close the tube station, which in turn is just two stops from Baker Street on the Metropolitan Line. TBH in terms of time it's no further out of the city than Greenwich or the Excel. It tends to be much cheaper than hotels closer to the centre for both cash and points redemption, has a great lounge and restaurant breakfast, a pool, lots of restaurants nearby, and they have family rooms with 2 x king beds.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by frankmu
The London Metropole has family rooms that can accommodate 4. It is not in the city center proper, and you will need to take the Underground to the popular sites. Edgware Station is across the street with access to the Circle and Bakerloo lines. Paddington Station is a 5-10 minute walk, convenient to LHR.
it's zone 1 and you can easily walk to oxford street. london doesn't really have a city centre.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Plat
The Hilton Kensington fits the requirements except the point rate is 62K for a Junior Suite which will accommodate 4 people in two rooms. The exec lounge is above average and location is a plus in between Holland Park and Shepherd's Bush stations which are both easily walkable. Stayed there last summer and feel its a good option if you're looking for value over service and updated rooms.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have been able to get rates at the Waldorf sometimes for 50K a night. Great location, especially if you are flying or like theater since it's next to a lot of theaters and only a five minute walk to the underground station to LHR. Complimentary alcohol during happy hour in the lounge and diamonds can also elect to have breakfast in the restaurant for free as well.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have been able to get rates at the Waldorf sometimes for 50K a night.
trouble is, OP is looking for <= 46K points/night, for 4 people.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:01 pm

Trafalgar, Conrad or other?

I will be visiting London for 7 nights in April, I have two free weekend night certificates to use and will be paying for the other 5 nights with a points and money rate. As a Gold member, I will take advantage of free breakfast but am not concerned about lounges or anything like that. My priorities are a comfortable bed and clean, quiet room. I know rooms are small in London, but hoping for enough space for some sort of chair in the room to have somewhere to sit other than the bed.

I’m not interested in Hilton Bankside for this trip because of the location. I was originally going to book the Conrad, but was concerned by noise complaints (Tube underneath the hotel and street noise if not facing the interior courtyard) and it seems like that location is better for business travel. I have the Trafalgar booked right now, which I think is the best fit because of it’s central location, recent refurbishment, and soundproof windows, but I wanted to check with the experts here! Any other advice? I’m not expecting to get an upgrade but a king room instead of the queen would be nice since it is 7 nights... is that something I would need to ask about at check in, or would they automatically upgrade me if they are going to do that? I am planning to email the hotel in advance of my stay to give them the points&money and certificate confirmations so they can link my reservations together. Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Advice for Trip to London

Taking my wife to London for our 20th anniversary and she's never been to Europe. I'm HH Diamond and looking for nice but not overly fancy or stuffy hotel in a great location. Any thoughts? I've never stayed at a Hilton property in London. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
I'm a fan of Hilton bankside. A little off the beaten path, but great, smallish hotel that has given me great upgrades as a diamond in the past. Walking distance to tube, near millennium bridge and a15 minute walk to St . Paul's.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
It depends on budget and what location you prefer to be: in the middle of tourists spots and close to the public transport or not.

Favourites:
The Waldorf Hilton, for stays close to the Theatre west end district
Curio The Trafalgar St. James, right on Trafalgar Square close to the public transport
Conrad London St. James, Good location and steps from an underground station
DoubleTree London - Islington, the best budget alternative I found in central London, good also for public transport
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
There are loads of options and this will be subject to opinion, however I think the best all rounder is Hilton Canary Wharf as it only has one fault and that's the rowdy lounge ( only at weekends! )....... it's in a great area that's safe, clean and has plenty of great restaurants and shops.......Greenwich is worth a visit and only a 5mins on the DLR.
Downtown London is 20 mins on the tube however take your wife on the Thames clipper from Canary Wharf pier to embankment, it takes a little longer but is fun and you get to see London from the river as well.
There are some great Hilton's in London city too but will cost more , if it's irrelevant then the Waldorf is my favourite and in a great location........PM me if you want further advice.

Last edited by wizla; Jan 14, 2018 at 2:05 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
There are loads of options and this will be subject to opinion, however I think the best all rounder is Hilton Canary Wharf as it only has one fault and that's the rowdy lounge ( only at weekends! )....... it's in a great area that's safe, clean and has plenty of great restaurants and shops.......Greenwich is worth a visit and only a 5mins on the DLR.
Downtown London is 20 mins on the tube however take your wife on the Thames clipper from Canary Wharf pier to embankment, it takes a little longer but is fun and you get to see London from the river as well.
There are some great Hilton's in London city too but will cost more , if it's irrelevant then the Waldorf is my favourite and in a great location........PM me if you want further advice.
Agree on the boat as a must do, this is the service i usually recommend with a 35% off voucher. https://www.thamesriverservices.co.u...ts/TRSVC01.pdf

I would not stay in Canary Wharf as a first time visitor though, too far from most of the sites. I like the Waldorf, Conrad, and the Park Lane, the latter for its locale and the views.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Budget matters of course, but a first-timer to London can't really beat the Conrad for walking distance to Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, etc. as well as being a nice hotel.

Once you become familiar with London, you realise that absolutely no hotel in London is convenient for EVERYTHING that London has to offer, which is when you can start staying at different locations (Canary Wharf, Greenwich, Islington, etc.) depending on what tempts you and what the hotel has to offer.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
I agree regarding Hilton Canary Wharf. Great location, convenient and safe. And only 11 min ride from LCY...
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:23 am

A hard question to answer since part of determining the best hotel is dependent on what you want to do. Will it be a special, blow out kind of trip? Will you be intending to use public transportation? What do you think you will be doing and where are those venues? In general, you can't go wrong logistically with the Trafalgar or Waldorf. Waldorf wins if you want an executive lounge, I haven't stayed at the Conrad yet, but it's on our list. Mrs. xooz and I love London and go frequently, but we try to do it on the cheap. Since this is a special trip for you, you may find the more upscale or centrally located hotels as a better option for this particular trip. Bottom line is that London is a fantastic place to visit, so for a first timer, don't be afraid to spend a little more for convenience. Hope you have a great trip!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xooz
A hard question to answer since part of determining the best hotel is dependent on what you want to do. Will it be a special, blow out kind of trip? Will you be intending to use public transportation? What do you think you will be doing and where are those venues? In general, you can't go wrong logistically with the Trafalgar or Waldorf. Waldorf wins if you want an executive lounge, I haven't stayed at the Conrad yet, but it's on our list. Mrs. xooz and I love London and go frequently, but we try to do it on the cheap. Since this is a special trip for you, you may find the more upscale or centrally located hotels as a better option for this particular trip. Bottom line is that London is a fantastic place to visit, so for a first timer, don't be afraid to spend a little more for convenience. Hope you have a great trip!
Thanks for the feedback. Will be using points and have a ton so cost not really an issue. Since my wife hasn't been, will do many of the first time touristy things and some shows. Location important but will definitely take the tube.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.