FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:01 pm
ABlue

Trafalgar, Conrad or other?

I will be visiting London for 7 nights in April, I have two free weekend night certificates to use and will be paying for the other 5 nights with a points and money rate. As a Gold member, I will take advantage of free breakfast but am not concerned about lounges or anything like that. My priorities are a comfortable bed and clean, quiet room. I know rooms are small in London, but hoping for enough space for some sort of chair in the room to have somewhere to sit other than the bed.

I’m not interested in Hilton Bankside for this trip because of the location. I was originally going to book the Conrad, but was concerned by noise complaints (Tube underneath the hotel and street noise if not facing the interior courtyard) and it seems like that location is better for business travel. I have the Trafalgar booked right now, which I think is the best fit because of it’s central location, recent refurbishment, and soundproof windows, but I wanted to check with the experts here! Any other advice? I’m not expecting to get an upgrade but a king room instead of the queen would be nice since it is 7 nights... is that something I would need to ask about at check in, or would they automatically upgrade me if they are going to do that? I am planning to email the hotel in advance of my stay to give them the points&money and certificate confirmations so they can link my reservations together. Thanks for your help!