Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2020, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Question What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic?

I am traveling to San Diego next week and will stay in a Hilton Garden Inn at Little Italy. If you have stayed at this property or at a HGI within US since they stopped having the normal buffet, what have you found? I know that breakfast may vary from town to town and probably between properties within a town. But I am trying to set an expectation and decide whether I should change the "My Way Benefit" from Breakfast to 750 Honors Points before checking-in.

Thanks very much.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Why not just call the hotel? That is the best way to get accurate information about the current breakfast offering (and services in general at the property).

--Jon
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:23 am

Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Call the property for current info.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Definitely call the hotel. I am traveling to Louisville on Monday and called the HGI Louisville Airport. The lady I spoke with said they are serving a normal hot breakfast, but it’s no longer buffet style. The server will take your order (eggs, bacon etc) and bring it for you when it’s ready. I got all the info I needed with one call.
JDiver, sdsearch and cscasi like this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
That’s $3.75 in HH points.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Well, it's by no means universal. I was going to stay at the HGI in Eugene, OR last weekend but thought I'd just call to see what level of service they were offering..... Restaurant? Closed. Pool? Closed. Housekeeping? Hahah, no, none during stay, not even towels. Food options? None I said thanks but no thanks... And they were asking full rack rate. At the weekend. I get that times are hard, but seriously, this level of service does not help attract customers back....
JDiver, hedoman, sdsearch and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by timfountain
Well, it's by no means universal. I was going to stay at the HGI in Eugene, OR last weekend but thought I'd just call to see what level of service they were offering..... Restaurant? Closed. Pool? Closed. Housekeeping? Hahah, no, none during stay, not even towels. Food options? None I said thanks but no thanks... And they were asking full rack rate. At the weekend. I get that times are hard, but seriously, this level of service does not help attract customers back....
Is the hotel affiliated with UOregon? They may be setting the rates.

David
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Call the property for current info.
So true. Mid stay the grab and go bags I was getting at the DoubleTree with just fruit,muffin and yogurt they started also adding sausage w/cheese biscuits sandwiches the last several days of my stay.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
If it's the HGI that is a Dual branded Hotel with Homewood Suites than I can confidently say it's grab and Go Bag. Change to Points. I stayed there late this week.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tintin
I am traveling to San Diego next week and will stay in a Hilton Garden Inn at Little Italy. If you have stayed at this property or at a HGI within US since they stopped having the normal buffet, what have you found? I know that breakfast may vary from town to town and probably between properties within a town. But I am trying to set an expectation and decide whether I should change the "My Way Benefit" from Breakfast to 750 Honors Points before checking-in.

Thanks very much.
I called 3 HGIs in Orange County CA about a week and a a half ago. The Anaheim/Garden Grove one said the whole hotel was closed despite showing availability online, the other two (Lake Forest and Irvine Spectrum) said the restaurant was closed and there was no alternative breakfast option either. I didn't bother calling the one right near SNA because it's too expensive for me anyway.

So definitely call and ask.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
I've stayed at 2 different HGIs in the last 2 weeks.

Sioux Falls (Downtown) had a modified breakfast menu with the server bringing you what you asked for. No buffet.

McAllen, TX had no food at all. Not even coffee in the lobby.

YMMV
Old Jul 7, 2020, 8:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Staying at the HGI Columbus, GA right now and it's a grab and go bag with a yogurt and a granola bar plus free coffee. Pretty lame.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Staying at the HGI Columbus, GA right now and it's a grab and go bag with a yogurt and a granola bar plus free coffee. Pretty lame.
No other food service? No biscuits and gravy?

David
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at a HGI in NY and they were not even giving out the bags or had coffee for breakfast even though it says it on their COVID explanation sheet. As a data point the lot was full with cars so I know rooms were at least 3/4 full.

At this point I am sure that HGI was using Covid as an excuse to save a few bucks. There is no reason you can't have some coffee, yogurt, muffins to go. It's a shame as I will never set foot in that hotel again.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estedman
At this point I am sure that HGI was using Covid as an excuse to save a few bucks. There is no reason you can't have some coffee, yogurt, muffins to go. It's a shame as I will never set foot in that hotel again.
It's not just that HGI. A lot of hotels that used have free buffets (including Hampton in the Hilton family) are giving pitiful grab and go bags that don't even include yogurt, just a muffin and a cereal bar. While Hyatt Place (supposedly in roughly the same hotel category) apparently gives breakfast sandwiches you can heat in the microwave in your room at least.

So it seems lots of hotels are using Covid as an excuse for cost cutting, with such lame grab & go bags (or nothing).

I've stayed in the past few weeks at Fairfield, Courtyard, and TownPlace (Marriott program), Hampton, Comfort (Choice program), and a Best Western Plus, all in the same area, and the Best Western Plus was the only one of those with a hot breakfast made when you ordered it (though there wasn't much choice), while everyone else either had the pitiful muffin-and-cereal-bar only grab and go bags or nothing at all. (I've not bothered going to any of the HGIs in this area because they all told me on the phone that their restaurants are closed and they have no breakfast at all.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.