Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton online showing availability every day for hotels closed until mid-July!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton online showing availability every day for hotels closed until mid-July!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation Hilton online showing availability every day for hotels closed until mid-July!

So I noticed good rates at the HGI Anaheim/Garden Grove, and also rates (though not as good) at the next-door Hampton Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove, for last week, but I decided to call and find out if that HGI's restaurant was open. Imagine my surprise when my call got forwarded to the nearby Homewood Suites, which told me that both that HGI and that Hampton are closed until nearby Disneyland reopens in mid-July.

Yet ever since that day, I keep checking for availability for that night, and both that closed HGI and that closed Hampton keep showing up online as available for last-minute bookings.

What in the world is going on?

What happens if someone books a stay there while they're actually closed? (I've walked right up to the final "book now" button, without actually booking, and see no indication at all online that they're closed.)

And if this is going in with these two hotels, how many other hotels showing as available on the Hilton site might actually be closed?
writerguyfl, SPN Lifer and cscasi like this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
My daughter booked a room at a closed Hampton Inn. After she booked, she got an email directing her to a local Homewood that was honoring all of the Hampton's reservations.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Are the closed hotels cheaper than the open one?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Are the closed hotels cheaper than the open one?
In the Anaheim/Garden Grove case I mentioned above, most definitely. The nights I checked last week (with discounts like AAA checked), the HGI was around $100, the Hampton $110 or $120 (I forget exactly), while the Homewood that answered their phone was around $165.
SPN Lifer and cscasi like this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
The Washington Conrad has no available rooms for the entire month of July. So, some hotels might be listing rooms, but not all are.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:45 am

I had same problem with 2 Wyndham hotels in Greece, had confirmed reservations made in January --and with Marriott had a cfmd reservation made a long time ago and I was never told that the hotel was closed-- same with airline A3 flights canceled by A3 told 2 days after the flight

NEED TO KEEP CHECKING ALL THE TIME AS THINGS CHANGE DAY BY DAY
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:10 am

I booked a Marriott-brand hotel in NH and then called about 2 weeks before the date to check. Turns out they were closed. They suggested a sister property down the street...which was only open for first responders.

Marriott app would let me book both, with special discount and package rates, etc.

Book and then call early, call often to check.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I recently checked for a one night stay in Nashville and the HGI where I usually stay was not even on the list. It was like it did not exist. I went straight to the hotel web site and found that that they were doing major renovations and were closed. When I checked for days later in the year, the property had magically returned to the listings. Bottom line is that they can do this if they want.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
This occurred for me at the Springhill Suites RSW. I booked a same day reservation and got a call from the Courtyard RSW within 5 minutes of booking the reservation, telling me the Springhill was closed, they would honor my reservation at the same price (which was a bargain), and the airport shuttle was available if needed. My invoice at the end of the trip was from the Springhill.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hello all,

I have a weird issue. I’m staying at the Hilton Doubletree Prado Madrid at the back end of this month. When I booked it on Monday, I was told by Hilton customer services that the hotel would reopen on the 15th, which is a week or so before my arrival date.

However, if you try to book the hotel now there is zero availability in July... even from the supposed opening date onwards.

Do we think this could mean the hotel reopening has been pushed back?

I contacted Hilton reservations this afternoon who assured me the hotel would reopen on 15 July, claiming the reason for zero availability was nothing to do with reopening dates.

I then tried calling the hotel itself (I had called previously but the line had been disconnected), and to my surprise someone picked up. The hotel informed me that they would not be reopening until September! Yet, I can still book a room at the hotel in August.

How can the whole thing be so disjointed? Surely the hotel knows when they will reopen and can cancel reservations and amend availability on their end?

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 7, 2020 at 4:23 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh thanks for this. They had really great rates and I was going to put it on my plans for August. Summer really seems like a write-off in most markets. I wonder if the three BCN will be open, especially the city one.
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Oh thanks for this. They had really great rates and I was going to put it on my plans for August. Summer really seems like a write-off in most markets. I wonder if the three BCN will be open, especially the city one.
I think our best bet for Spain would be Catalonia Hotels & Resorts right now, they’ve already reopened most hotels. I had one booked in Madrid as a backup!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

El Prado have said they might be open in August they haven’t decided and will do so next week.

Curio Ibiza is open and will not close in August.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Barcelona has closed til September it seems. Not surprising.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Hilton Barcelona has closed til September it seems. Not surprising.
They were happy to take my reservation a couple of weeks ago for last weekend, then cancel it two days later. No effort to move me to the Hilton Diagonal Mar (honouring the price).

Fair enough if they don't want to re-open - especially with Americans banned from Europe - but just don't take bookings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.