FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:39 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estedman
At this point I am sure that HGI was using Covid as an excuse to save a few bucks. There is no reason you can't have some coffee, yogurt, muffins to go. It's a shame as I will never set foot in that hotel again.
It's not just that HGI. A lot of hotels that used have free buffets (including Hampton in the Hilton family) are giving pitiful grab and go bags that don't even include yogurt, just a muffin and a cereal bar. While Hyatt Place (supposedly in roughly the same hotel category) apparently gives breakfast sandwiches you can heat in the microwave in your room at least.

So it seems lots of hotels are using Covid as an excuse for cost cutting, with such lame grab & go bags (or nothing).

I've stayed in the past few weeks at Fairfield, Courtyard, and TownPlace (Marriott program), Hampton, Comfort (Choice program), and a Best Western Plus, all in the same area, and the Best Western Plus was the only one of those with a hot breakfast made when you ordered it (though there wasn't much choice), while everyone else either had the pitiful muffin-and-cereal-bar only grab and go bags or nothing at all. (I've not bothered going to any of the HGIs in this area because they all told me on the phone that their restaurants are closed and they have no breakfast at all.).