Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Snowdonia {GBR} (joins Honors 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Snowdonia {GBR} (joins Honors 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Oooh no.... Was due to stay here at the end of Feb and do the local zip line.... Thats a real shame
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Genuinely wouldn't have seen this coming, for the reasons mentioned by the local MP in the article. Just not the location to house migrants, due to the lack of facilities and services around the property.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
They seem to be accepting reservations starting on 6 February.
Old May 22, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
Warning ; Does not trigger amex cashback offer

Stayed here earier in the month - pleasant stay and generally impressed with the hotel.

Spent over Ł200 on room and extras so expected it to trigger the Ł50 cashback bonus on a Ł200 spend.

But charges at the hotel are coded on Amex as transactions associated with SURF SNOWDONIA rather than identifying as Hilton:charges - so the bonus was not triggered.

Have had a very long dialogue with Amex today and hopefully they will be able to resolve manually but one to be aware of for the future.

Last edited by Tetly1967; May 22, 2023 at 10:38 am Reason: typo
Old May 23, 2023, 1:56 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Tetly1967
Spent over Ł200 on room and extras so expected it to trigger the Ł50 cashback bonus on a Ł200 spend.

But charges at the hotel are coded on Amex as transactions associated with SURF SNOWDONIA rather than identifying as Hilton:charges - so the bonus was not triggered.

Have had a very long dialogue with Amex today and hopefully they will be able to resolve manually but one to be aware of for the future.
Interesting. When I stayed last year the merchant name was 3CPAYMENT*HILTON GARDEN DOGARROG and the Amex offer triggered automatically after a later Hampton stay took the cumulative spend on that card over Ł200.

(The name of the village is DoLgarrog)
Old May 23, 2023, 3:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I stayed here one night last week having booked an entry level room (King Room with Sofa Bed). A week before the stay I noticed a lower rate for a King Room Woodland View with Sofa but before I had a chance to change my reservation the lower price had disappeared. A couple of days before the stay I noticed the room type had changed to King Suite Lagoon View (the best room type available at this hotel). As I was curious to find which room had been assigned I tried to check in online. No room number(s) were shown but I was informed only one room was available. I continued to check in and was assigned a room (322) which did not appear to be a King Suite and not facing the lagoon.

On arrival at the hotel the receptionist could not find my reservation because I had already checked in but eventually assigned me to Room 245 which was a King Suite with Lagoon View. (There are three of them in all at the end of each floor.) It’s similar to/the same as the room that :D! posted above with an open plan bath, though looking through photos of other types of rooms a King Suite with Woodland View seems to have a bath actually in the bedroom.

I agree with most of the comments that :D! made but counted at least 12 power sockets plus a few USB points in the room. They could have done with a couple of sockets next to the sofa. There was no carton of milk in the fridge or coffee machine but there were some macarons and petit fours on a plate. I had a decent burger in the Zephyr’s restaurant. Breakfast was about average for HGIs in Europe.

In addition to the view of the surf lagoon I had a view of part of the spa but it was a shame there was a big crack in the largest window. Unlike :D! my points posted straightaway. The price at this time of year seems to vary between under Ł100 to over Ł300 depending on the date. My credit card statement shows the merchant as “Hilton Garden Inn Snow Dolgarrog”.

:D! and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:21 pm

Adventure Parc Snowdonia announced it was closing with immediate effect

The world's first inland surf lagoon has closed down after warnings last year the north Wales business may have to sell up. … Adventure Parc Snowdonia opened in 2015 with Ł4m of Welsh government funding. … In spring 2021, the attraction reopened with a new 106-bedroom Hilton Garden Inn and an indoor adventure activity centre after a further Ł3.9m Welsh government funding. … The other sites attractions, including the Hilton hotel, are understood to remain open. … An Adventure Parc Snowdonia spokesman said: "This summer season has been hampered by the ongoing issues with the wave machine, and the revenues being significantly lower than we would expect. … "Over the coming months we will review what we do with the Parc before the 2024 season starts."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66689098
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
That's such a shame and I am glad we got to go there with the kids while it was open. I feel for the locals who are employed at the park and any local businesses that were able to form or grow from the tourists that visited.

Truth is that it's a long way from anywhere and I am surprised that the hotel could be viable if the water park closes but we will see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.