Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Snowdonia {GBR} (joins Honors 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond

Uk search brought up this new edition, looks like a new build as there currently isn’t a hotel on that site ( according to google maps ).
Apparently going to have pool , fitness suite , etc.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Opening February 2021. Link to hotel website: Hilton Garden Inn Snowdonia
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

And also beside Adventure parc snowdonia ( including an inland surf lagoon)

https://www.adventureparcsnowdonia.com/

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 9, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by wizla
... looks like a new build as there currently isn’t a hotel on that site ( according to google maps ).
Though... slightly remember it has been mentioned on the properties joining/leaving-thread once or maybe twice.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Thanks for sharing this one wizla as it looks like it will be an interesting property to try out. Not far from the coast, near some great scenary and a good base for some other areas a short drive away. May well give it a go next year if everything goes to plan with the opening.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:07 pm

I believe the adventure park next door to this features the world's longest and fastest zip line.. also it's not far from the beautiful Llandudno and Conwy for the less adventurously inclined..
Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
any reviews from recent stays? I think I read some lukewarm reviews on Headforpoints in the early days of its opening but I guess they've had a whole summer to bed things in by now.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:23 pm

I have completed two stays here, the first a couple of weeks after opening, the second this last week. During the first visit there were some teething problems but nothing to affect our stay and the second was just as nice (actually better with breakfast back to being self service).
The hotel is in a pretty unique location about 20 minutes from Betsw y Coed right by a manmade surf lagoon - there is a zip wire there but it’s not the one mentioned above, that’s at Zip World.
On our first visit we booked a room with a lagoon view and woodland view on the second - would happily book either but lagoon wins just for people watching. The rooms have a Smeg mini fridge and kettle and the bathroom is not separated from the sleeping area, it’s all integrated in the one area with an obscured glass screen divider that can give a little privacy (although not completely as it doesn’t cover the full width of the room).
The hotel, like many establishments in Snowdonia is very dog friendly.
Hope this helps!
delinquentwoody likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Visited with the family in July. Requested and received connecting rooms which was good. The rooms, being so new, are generally good but the shower / bathroom arrangement wouldn’t work well if you don’t know your room mate well. Not sure why they’ve done this.

Main issue with the hotel was that the staff were all very new and they didn’t seem to have imported any Hilton experience to get the whole place running smoothly.

Because so many people were holidaying in the UK this year, the hotel was sold out almost immediately for the whole summer so they had very little opportunity to learn and flex their service. Bar service was generally awful and there were no Diamond benefits as far as I could see.

That said, we had a good time. Sitting outside in the evening sunshine was nice as the hotel isn’t near to any busy roads so it was very calming.

Plenty of parking too.

Because we booked before it was even open, the price we got (£130 per night) was acceptable. Late bookers were paying over £200 for basic doubles and the service didn’t match the price.

I expect occupancy will plummet out of holiday times so it will be interesting to see how this property works out.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:34 am

Here now if anyone has any burning questions. Rooms lovely, albeit slightly strange with the shower/bathroom. Was upgraded as Diamond before arrival from queen to king room with lagoon view. Spa very nice too, had it almost to ourselves.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jayhayers
Here now if anyone has any burning questions. Rooms lovely, albeit slightly strange with the shower/bathroom. Was upgraded as Diamond before arrival from queen to king room with lagoon view. Spa very nice too, had it almost to ourselves.
Any photos of rooms etc?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: Alaska
I'm having a hard time reconciling the Bettws-y-Coed I remember from 10+ years ago with "surf lagoon" and "zip line". How times have changed :-D
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:55 pm

I wrote a review of the Hotel here - https://pointsuncovered.com/hilton/o...inn-snowdonia/

I’ve also attached some pictures from our stay to this post

Thanks,

Jay

Old May 21, 2022, 5:26 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Stayed 1 night, mainly for the location. It was a bit too expensive my liking but I again made use of Amex offer to bring the price down a bit, otherwise I may have chosen somewhere else. There were many disastrous reports closer to the hotel's opening, but now they've had time to settle in, the staff seem to know what they're doing and the problems are hopefully a thing of the past (another reason I don't book hotels that have yet to open or are very newly open).

We were initially upgraded from King woodland view to King lagoon view, did OLCI and chose our room. Despite OLCI they insisted on seeing the card on file and taking a Chip&PIN authorisation. As I didn't bring that card, it messed up my Amex offer planning.

Then they revealed that they had upgraded us further to the King Suite, also on the lagoon side. It is not really a suite but is their best room, at the end of the corridor on each floor. As mentioned, the bathroom is weird as it's completely exposed to the landing area, and the sliding vertical panel divider that might have been used to separate the bathroom from the rest of the room, only covered half of the available width that it should have done (sorry it's hard to explain as well as hard to demonstrate in photos).

There is a lack of plug sockets in useful areas as the ones by the table are hard to access with all the paraphernalia there, there are some under the TV but that leaves wires trailing across the room unless you move the chairs/sofa there. The fridge had a whole carton of milk in it, I guess for coffee/tea but it seems wasteful as I doubt it gets used up and needs regular replacement. The curtains are a faff to open and shut, especially with so many windows, as the pulley strings are very short so you have to keep moving your arms.

I heard quite a lot of American accents especially at breakfast; some may have been Europeans who speak English with American accents. Was told we could order eggs cooked in different ways but the chef just pre-made them and put them out on the buffet (why not just do it like that by default, the poached eggs got snatched up every time more came out). They had oat and almond milk at the beverage station which I haven't seen before at UK Hiltons. There weren't sufficient servers so when it got busy, some people had to wait a long time to be seated and some just walked in; the staff were efficient unlike nearer the hotel's opening when it was reported they were overwhelmed and unable to cope.

All my stays until now have posted to my account by the morning after checking out, but this stay initially posted as 0 points and 0 nights. It corrected itself after 3 days which saved me from having to complain to the hotel (I have some work email addresses of staff as they emailed me their stock welcome message shortly after booking and shortly before the stay).

As recommended on Head for Points we ate at the Tir A Môr restaurant/takeaway in Llanrwst, it was very good, you should book a table if you want to guarantee times. 70% of customers spoke Welsh.

Photos of the King Suite plus view:

Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now a Migrant Hotel (closed to reservations until 01MAR23)

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...being-25450938

Weddings cancelled, events cancelled, no rooms for sale.

There's a lot in the UK Press about "luxury hotels" being used for migrants which I was sceptical about. However, we can certainly say from the opening date of the hotel and from the feedback in this thread this was/is a very nice hotel and migrants are very lucky to be staying there courtesy of His Majesty's Government. It's no Britannia dump. Hopefully it will mean migrant charities are not forced to sue HMG for unfit accommodation.

First rooms show available for public sale 1st March 2023.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.