Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best Hilton All Inclusive with Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

Currently have about 160K Hilton points, looking to purchase another 160K if needed for a 5-day all inclusive Caribbean escape for two adults and one 4-year old.

Want: lazy river, beautiful pristine beach and decent food options within all inclusive. Best if room is recently renovated. Kids club bonus.

Anywhere in Caribbean. Ok with paying extra for kid if needed.

Any recommendations?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I did a ton of research on Hilton AI properties recently for my summer 2020 vacation. Honestly, I wasn't mpressed. I feel the majority of Hilton Carribean resorts needed an overhaul in service and with the aesthetics of the resort.

I did settle on the Hilton La Romana which was the Dreams La Romana. That looked like the best option for me in the Carribean. The Hilton took over last year. I don't know if there is going to be a lazy river, but they are building a brand new water park at the resort. It should be opened later this month on the family resort side.

The resort is now broken into 2 resorts: the adult only resort and the family resort. The adult resort reopened in summer 2019 with renovations. The family resort opened in December 2019 with renovations. Renovations aren't complete on the family side yet.

I was looking for a great and calm beach, good Diamond member benefits, a non-outdated resort, and very good to great service. I'm staying in the adult only resort in July.
TrAAveller likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I did a ton of research on Hilton AI properties recently for my summer 2020 vacation. Honestly, I wasn't mpressed. I feel the majority of Hilton Carribean resorts needed an overhaul in service and with the aesthetics of the resort.

I did settle on the Hilton La Romana which was the Dreams La Romana. That looked like the best option for me in the Carribean. The Hilton took over last year. I don't know if there is going to be a lazy river, but they are building a brand new water park at the resort. It should be opened later this month on the family resort side.

The resort is now broken into 2 resorts: the adult only resort and the family resort. The adult resort reopened in summer 2019 with renovations. The family resort opened in December 2019 with renovations. Renovations aren't complete on the family side yet.

I was looking for a great and calm beach, good Diamond member benefits, a non-outdated resort, and very good to great service. I'm staying in the adult only resort in July.
I didnt know about the La Romana property. How does Hilton treat award night at all inclusive hotel? For example, if I book a room for 2 adults and 2 children using points, I dont have to pay additional fees at check-in? The reservation page mentions the additional fee applies for kids age 3-12 and 13 years old or above is treated as an adult.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cat88L3

Thank you. Im eyeing the same hotel, family side. If you go, please report back and let me know if theres lazy river! Its a must for our kid
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I didnt know about the La Romana property. How does Hilton treat award night at all inclusive hotel? For example, if I book a room for 2 adults and 2 children using points, I dont have to pay additional fees at check-in? The reservation page mentions the additional fee applies for kids age 3-12 and 13 years old or above is treated as an adult.
I don't know so your best bet is to email the hotel directly or contact them via FB messenger on the official Hilton La Romana hotel page. I'm paying cash, so I don't know any details about points.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Thank you. Im eyeing the same hotel, family side. If you go, please report back and let me know if theres lazy river! Its a must for our kid
I'm going in July for sure. I'm all set for an adult family vacation. We have 6 rooms booked there, lol! But there are 2 FB groups that have a great deal of up to date info/pics about the resorts/property. When the water park opens within the next few weeks, I'm sure you will get feedback and see pics. I suggest you join as part of your research. FYI, the resorts are still transitioning and working out the kinks since the Hilton took over. But I'm confident that things will be smoother by my vacation in the summer.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
The Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay fits all of your criteria. We've stayed there in the past and have enjoyed it.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eric_o
The Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay fits all of your criteria. We've stayed there in the past and have enjoyed it.
It is a candidate but I hear the rooms are really really old...
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
It is a candidate but I hear the rooms are really really old...

This is one of the reasons why I didn't want to stay there. Service seems a bit so-so at times too.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Login and check your offers box - it’s pretty easy to get 130k for a $95 AX plus Gold. It probably won’t help much but certainly won’t hurt your chances of getting a better room.
Also check out the FT Aspire thread it might make sense for you
Free weekend night
5th night free on standard awards
$250 resort credit - not sure if this place qualifies, easy to check
150k bonus
These 4 perks should be worth well north of $450
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by catgirlfrombeaumont
Wow how did you save up that many points?
The Hilton credit cards and lots of stays can do that. Ive earned over 5 million points over the years.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Login and check your offers box - its pretty easy to get 130k for a $95 AX plus Gold. It probably wont help much but certainly wont hurt your chances of getting a better room.
Also check out the FT Aspire thread it might make sense for you
Free weekend night
5th night free on standard awards
$250 resort credit - not sure if this place qualifies, easy to check
150k bonus
These 4 perks should be worth well north of $450
130K from the 160K I already have come from Amex Surpass. Eyeing the Aspire but not sure if I can get it yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.