Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Earning Enhancements

Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:36 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Happy New Year, everyone! It is my very great pleasure to announce several enhancements to the Hilton Honors program going into effect soon. Guided by member feedback, Hilton Honors members will be eligible for checkouts starting tomorrow, January 9, 2020, for the following Hilton Honors benefit improvements:

• Members will now be able to earn Base Points on up to four rooms on eligible multi-room reservations, an increase from the current two rooms.
  • There will no longer be a limit on the number of base points a member can earn per stay. Previously, Members were unable to accrue more than 100K Base Points per stay at certain brands.
  • Members will now be able to earn points on eligible hotel incidental spend at all of Hilton Portfolio brands. Previously, Members staying at Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton properties earned points on room rate only.
We will have updated the terms and conditions for you tomorrow, until then, please let us know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
These are small but meaningful enhancements to the program. Thanks for the heads-up, William. Of course, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with the "enhancements" that go along with these enhancements.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Nice, thank you! ^
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
This is excellent news!!! Thanks for listening to feedback on all of these items
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks very much!

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I love that we earn points on up to 4 rooms vs 2 rooms. This is awesome!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:21 pm

Enhancements, no matter how small, are still better than benefit restrictions. Good job, Hilton.
Zurich likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
It's always nice to get good news. IMHO, The first two only affect a small % of travelers. However, the third one affects lots of travelers. I admit that personally, I have been irked to pay for parking at a Residence Inn and then not get points. I expect I'll try to shift those stays to Homewoods. It isn't a lot of points, but it is enough to affect the value proposition
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks William, this is all perfect, especially as we are checking out on a stay that definitely goes beyond the 100k base points in a couple of days ^.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
It would be even better if Gold/Diamond benefits were also extended (officially) to up to 4 rooms.

Hey ... one can dream, right?
alex67500 and :D! like this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shuigao
It would be even better if Gold/Diamond benefits were also extended (officially) to up to 4 rooms.

Hey ... one can dream, right?
Or if multiple rooms would count stay/night for elite qualification, a la SPG. Then everyone (not just Americans) could be Diamond.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:04 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by RafKa
Or if multiple rooms would count stay/night for elite qualification, a la SPG. Then everyone (not just Americans) could be Diamond.
Isn't this open to abuse, anyway, if one earns status via base points they will count.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
None of these will affect me (well the Hampton incidental spend one may very rarely) but I was relieved that for once "enhancements" meant I was not worse off... I was a bit worried when I clicked onto this thread and prepping to review my Hilton loyalty once again. Not needed this time, phew.
roundtree and Zurich like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thank you! Great news, although they will not affect me a lot.

Nevertheless a Diamond Desk that a) reads the whole text in e-mails and reacts accordingly based on b) knowing the rules would be of great assistance and enables me to solve many accounting problems myself. Not in the US an no native English speaker doesn’t make phone calls as easy as they are for many other FTers.

My latest few experiences turned out being ridiculous if not hair-raising.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:49 am

nice to hear that hilton is lissening too clients !!!
some other chains can learn from it!
greetings cornelis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.