Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My $95 is due on my Ascend do I understand this correctly - for $355 extra I’ll get

unlimited PP instead of 10

we are staying 2 nights at a Hilton golf resort in Portugal for $130 per night - this stay will be basically free?

I have to cancel an AAaward ticket, AA charges a $175 fee, plus I have $106 in taxes for the Portugal trip - is this covered? I think this is tricky the AX agent thought the taxes would be eligible but not the redeposit fee unless AA coded it as an exchange fee.

Finally I get a free weekend night - Conrad in Algarve is worth around $300.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kmandrew
unlimited PP instead of 10
Yes, although I think the number of people at one time is limited.

we are staying 2 nights at a Hilton golf resort in Portugal for $130 per night - this stay will be basically free?
Yes, if it is on the list of resorts, see hilton.com/resorts

I have to cancel an AAaward ticket, AA charges a $175 fee, plus I have $106 in taxes for the Portugal trip - is this covered? I think this is tricky the AX agent thought the taxes would be eligible but not the redeposit fee unless AA coded it as an exchange fee.
I doubt it. This thread has the most information
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-aa-only.html

Finally I get a free weekend night - Conrad in Algarve is worth around $300.
Yes
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
A couple questions:
1.) On the $250 resort credit I was able to call up the Grand Wailea and make a deposit for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex offers plus the resort credit. As I understand it, the resort credit cardmember year resets with the annual fee? I just signed up for this card and my first statement closes July 8. So since my first resort credit has already posted, am I correct in my understanding that the resort credit cardmember year will reset on 7/8 and I will have another $250 to spend from 7/8/19-7/8/20?

2.) On the free weekend nights. I understand these can take about 8-12 weeks to be delivered after card sign up. I would like to lock down the space and am looking to use 3 of these (we are traveling with 2 other couples) to add a 6th night to a 5-night stay we have booked. Can I book these single nights using 95K points and then when the free nights show up call up, cancel the points reservation and re-book using the free weekend night. I believe Hilton re-releases the award space if you cancel?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lucjos0224
A couple questions:
1.) On the $250 resort credit I was able to call up the Grand Wailea and make a deposit for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex offers plus the resort credit. As I understand it, the resort credit cardmember year resets with the annual fee? I just signed up for this card and my first statement closes July 8. So since my first resort credit has already posted, am I correct in my understanding that the resort credit cardmember year will reset on 7/8 and I will have another $250 to spend from 7/8/19-7/8/20?
Yes, although I think the pertinent date is the account opening date.

2.) On the free weekend nights. I understand these can take about 8-12 weeks to be delivered after card sign up. I would like to lock down the space and am looking to use 3 of these (we are traveling with 2 other couples) to add a 6th night to a 5-night stay we have booked. Can I book these single nights using 95K points and then when the free nights show up call up, cancel the points reservation and re-book using the free weekend night. I believe Hilton re-releases the award space if you cancel?
You can try, it may or may not work. I would not attempt this if the award space is not available before you cancel. If award space is not available, I would call in to see if they can make the change. Note that you have to call in to make the weekend free night reservation anyway, as it can't be done through the web site.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:52 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question but for the resort credit is it based on the transaction date or post date? My anniversary date is 3/15, check in date 3/13 and check out date 3/18. Per amex my resort credit will restart on 3/15.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Sorry if this is a dumb question but for the resort credit is it based on the transaction date or post date? My anniversary date is 3/15, check in date 3/13 and check out date 3/18. Per amex my resort credit will restart on 3/15.
Post date and the hotels usually batch your card(request for charges to post) upon check out. Your post date should be after your 3/18 check out date.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:20 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, it always fun making sure the bill is not only correct at check out but also that its ends up posting correctly!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium

You wont even have to cancel, they will apply the certificate and refund the points to your account for the night it replaces. I had it done recently. Just call in and it's a simple process
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1222
You can't do a reward stay and get the $100 credit. It is a special revenue rate. It's possible that special rate is simply not available the days you want.
I tried booking two reward nights at Conrad Miami with $100 credit offer and today it worked. So I cancelled non reward reservation and got my points reinstated. HUCA only booking online.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
I tried booking two reward nights at Conrad Miami with $100 credit offer and today it worked. So I cancelled non reward reservation and got my points reinstated. HUCA only booking online.
That doesn't make any sense on several levels.
Why would points be reinstated if you went from a cash booking to a points booking?
Moreover, are you sure you are talking about the correct $100 credit? Did you book through this link https://www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com/ If so, please come back after your stay and tell us that you received a $100 credit on a reward stay, as that would be new.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:12 pm

$100 HILTON ON-PROPERTY CREDIT‡

With your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, book a 2 night minimum stay at HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard and get up to $100 in credits for qualifying charges at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts.‡

I tried booking a two night reward stay at Conrad Miami using above link to obtain the $100 credit for food and beverage. It would not accept booking offer. I called and rep at H customer service tried also which was rejected for offer. How do you know if Conrad Miami is or is not participating?.

For clarification sake here is my original post on June 5. It was always going to be a rewards booking. It was booked on June 5 as a reward booking and $100 Aspire booking credit offer didn't take on line or calling rep. I will post after stay if I actually receive or don't get $100 credit after our stay.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
For clarification sake here is my original post on June 5. It was always going to be a rewards booking. It was booked on June 5 as a reward booking and $100 Aspire booking credit offer didn't take on line or calling rep. I will post after stay if I actually receive or don't get $100 credit after our stay.
As mentioned above the $100 Conrad/WA Aspire property credit is by definition a specific paid rate. You cannot receive the $100 credit on an award booking.

When you go to the www.hiltonhonors.com/aspirecard site and verify your card number, it then takes you to the "normal" Hilton search site with the specific $100 credit rate code loaded in the search fields. It's certainly possible to then click the "Hilton Honors Points" box and book an award night, but you are then just booking a normal award night, not the $100 credit specific paid rate.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:48 am

Angry

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
As mentioned above the $100 Conrad/WA Aspire property credit is by definition a specific paid rate. You cannot receive the $100 credit on an award booking.

When you go to the www.hiltonhonors.com/aspirecard site and verify your card number, it then takes you to the "normal" Hilton search site with the specific $100 credit rate code loaded in the search fields. It's certainly possible to then click the "Hilton Honors Points" box and book an award night, but you are then just booking a normal award night, not the $100 credit specific paid rate.

Well, it looks like I fell for a bait and switch.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
No bait. No switch.
The terms always were clear that this was a certain rate and not valid on award bookings.
Everyone told you that. The agent told you that. We told you that.
You chose not to believe what everyone was telling you and what the terms plainly state. You thought you somehow found a loophole. You were wrong.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:44 pm

No, you failed to understand the T&Cs of the offer. This one’s on you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.