Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:41 am

Data Point

Booked a stay at the Hilton Chatan Resort in Okinawa, JP for October, paid the advanced purchase rate.

Charge posted on April 20th
Resort Credit Posted April 23rd
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
My Aspire account opening date is May 6. The date the first annual fee (and statement close) was May 24.

I contacted Amex CS to ask for the exact date my resort credit resets. The agent told me it's the date the AF posted (May 24). However, the terms clearly state it resets on the account opening date. I think the agent was just guessing.

Does anyone have data that supports the credit reset on the AF date?
Straight from AMEX website:How It Works

During each year of your Card Membership, you are eligible to receive statement credits of up to $250 in total on your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card Account for any eligible purchases with your Card made directly at a participating resort in the Hilton portfolio. A statement credit will automatically be applied to your Card account approximately 8-12 weeks after your Hilton Resort charges are posted.

and

Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

Last edited by Alex_I; Apr 24, 2019 at 9:38 pm Reason: additional info
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Alex_I
Straight from AMEX website:How It Works

During each year of your Card Membership, you are eligible to receive statement credits of up to $250 in total on your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card Account for any eligible purchases with your Card made directly at a participating resort in the Hilton portfolio. A statement credit will automatically be applied to your Card account approximately 8-12 weeks after your Hilton Resort charges are posted.

and

Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
And to complicate things a little more, the Air Fare Credit renews on the calendar year. Not only for the Hilton cards but the other Amex cards that offer this benefit. This is a good deal for those who are going to cancel the card before the annual fee becomes due.

Last edited by thebat; Apr 25, 2019 at 7:31 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Just a second dp on our Hilton Orlando hotel billing us in advance, and having the $250 credit post. In my case, that's exciting because I thought we were not going to be able to use the credit in time, before another $250 posts with the next annual fee. But I am wondering what would happen if we move or cancel...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
We missed the $250 spend by a tiny bit because the hotel didn't charge the resort fee that they stated. Not sure why it was waived, but that good will gesture cost us the additional $15 in resort credit AND we didn't hit the $250 for the additional $50 promotion, so out $65 in total. Does anyone know if we can go back to the hotel and charge an additional $20 to trigger the deal or does it need to be in one single transaction?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
We missed the $250 spend by a tiny bit because the hotel didn't charge the resort fee that they stated. Not sure why it was waived, but that good will gesture cost us the additional $15 in resort credit AND we didn't hit the $250 for the additional $50 promotion, so out $65 in total. Does anyone know if we can go back to the hotel and charge an additional $20 to trigger the deal or does it need to be in one single transaction?
The $250 can be spread across transactions.
You're not "out" anything with the resort credit, because you didn't have any out of pocket expenditure. You thought the hotel would cost you $0 and it cost you $0, and now you have still have money left in resort credits.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
The $250 can be spread across transactions.
You're not "out" anything with the resort credit, because you didn't have any out of pocket expenditure. You thought the hotel would cost you $0 and it cost you $0, and now you have still have money left in resort credits.
Seems like he was trying to activate Amex Offer. So instead of making $50, his stay cost $0.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by milesforhire
Seems like he was trying to activate Amex Offer. So instead of making $50, his stay cost $0.
My comment explicitly said "with the resort credit," i.e., the topic of the thread.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
My Aspire account opening date is May 6. The date the first annual fee (and statement close) was May 24.

I contacted Amex CS to ask for the exact date my resort credit resets. The agent told me it's the date the AF posted (May 24). However, the terms clearly state it resets on the account opening date. I think the agent was just guessing.

Does anyone have data that supports the credit reset on the AF date?
Here's my timeline that supports the fact that the resort credit resets on the account anniversary, not the date the annual fee is charged:

19-Apr-2017 - signed up for Hilton Surpass
9-May-2017 - first year fee charged
9-May-2018 - second year fee charged
12-Oct-2018 - upgraded to Aspire
16-Nov-2018 - $3x.xx eligible resort spend (credited next day)
20-Nov-2018 - $3xx.xx eliglble resort spend ($21x.xx credited next day)
9-Dec-2018 - prorated annual fee
25-Apr-2019- $3xx.xx eligible resort spend ($250 credited next day)
9-May-2019 - *expected* annual fee
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
Here's my timeline that supports the fact that the resort credit resets on the account anniversary, not the date the annual fee is charged:
Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: None
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Hilton Pattaya is considered a resort?

I have looked on hilton.com/resorts - and I cannot determine if this is a resort or not. When I click the resort map it shows up, and when I just click SouthEast Asia, it does NOT show up.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a resort, or has anyone stayed here successfully with resort credits? I was not able to find any data points.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by StealyMan
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Hilton Pattaya is considered a resort?

I have looked on hilton.com/resorts - and I cannot determine if this is a resort or not. When I click the resort map it shows up, and when I just click SouthEast Asia, it does NOT show up.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a resort, or has anyone stayed here successfully with resort credits? I was not able to find any data points.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
The list/map are not accurate on where they place properties, but if a property is on the map, it is indeed a resort. That said, when I limit the list to Southeast Asia, the Hilton Pattaya does indeed show up.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:00 pm

Thank you for the quick response @Adam1222

Appreciate it....

For some reason when I narrow the Search to SouthEast Asia, the only thing that shows up is Myanmar. Weird.

Last edited by StealyMan; Apr 30, 2019 at 8:06 pm
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by StealyMan
Thank you for the quick response @Adam1222

Appreciate it....

For some reason when I narrow the Search to SouthEast Asia, the only thing that shows up is Myanmar. Weird.
I've discovered the issue. There's "Southeast Asia" as a (new?) topline category that only includes Myanmar. But if you click on Asia Pacific as a topline category, there's a subcategory also called Southeast Asia there, which has all the other Southeast Asia countries.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:17 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I've discovered the issue. There's "Southeast Asia" as a (new?) topline category that only includes Myanmar. But if you click on Asia Pacific as a topline category, there's a subcategory also called Southeast Asia there, which has all the other Southeast Asia countries.

Aha, perfect. I see it now. Thank you very much !

I have one more question about Dining here. There are 4 very nice restaurants here that you can enjoy a nice meal at. Do you believe these restaurants will be charged as Hilton Resort and trigger the resort credit or no?

Appreciate the info again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.