Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by RichWNJ
I currently have ASCEND and when I log into my Amex online account, I can only get to an option to UPGRADE to ASPIRE. How do I apply as new card to receive the bonus?
Log out. Go to the Amex page directly for Aspire application. Begin the process. It will then ask you if you are a current card member. Since yes, log in. Then continue.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I applied on Apr 20 and it's now 9 days later and still no card. Best case it comes tomorrow and that means 10 days have passed. Worst case it takes longer. Surprised it's taking Amex so long to get the card to me.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if the unlimited (+ 2 guests) benefit for Priority Pass on the Aspire is unlimited in the sense you can visit multiple clubs on the same day in the same airport? As an example, if I were at the airport and visited a lounge in one terminal but was transferring to another terminal, could I use the card and visit the lounge in the other terminal? I wasn't sure they were limiting it in some way.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Does anyone know if the unlimited (+ 2 guests) benefit for Priority Pass on the Aspire is unlimited in the sense you can visit multiple clubs on the same day in the same airport? As an example, if I were at the airport and visited a lounge in one terminal but was transferring to another terminal, could I use the card and visit the lounge in the other terminal? I wasn't sure they were limiting it in some way.
It should work just like the Platinum and yes, with the Amex Plat you can visit an unlimited number of lounges with 2 guests. I've done this in BOS Terminal C + E with 2 guests.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us
It should work just like the Platinum and yes, with the Amex Plat you can visit an unlimited number of lounges with 2 guests. I've done this in BOS Terminal C + E with 2 guests.
So when it's you (the cardholder) and a guest, does that count as 2 against your 10? (I have the Ascend card, not the Aspire).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So when it's you (the cardholder) and a guest, does that count as 2 against your 10? (I have the Ascend card, not the Aspire).
Yes and if you are in an airport with two lounges and you visit both with a guest it would count at 4.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
Thanks, played it safe and applied for Aspire - no instant approval - lets see what happens, should I call recon?
Did you get a final decision? Can you tell us a little bit about your credit history? FICO?
Old May 2, 2018, 9:31 am

Can someone please share the phone number for Concierge for the Hilton Aspire card? What about Global Assist too? I found the number for the Premium Roadside Assistance 1-855-431-1156.

However, all the Concierge numbers I find online are for the Platinum card.

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2018, 11:22 am

Does anyone know how to set the monthly statement closing date for an Amex account? I'm going to apply for an Aspire and the application says pre-approved, but I haven't submitted it yet. If I can, I'd like to apply on a date where I can predict the account monthly closing date. With Chase, I can easily set this after I open the account, but I've been unsuccessful changing the close date with Amex (or Citi). I can change the payment due date, but the closing date remains constant. I think it's probably established when the account is created, but I don't know the details. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by jc719
With Chase, I can easily set this after I open the account, but I've been unsuccessful changing the close date with Amex (or Citi).
I have done it with Citi several times. However, you have to ask them to change the payment date, and have that a few days before you want the statement to close.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by jc719
Does anyone know how to set the monthly statement closing date for an Amex account? I'm going to apply for an Aspire and the application says pre-approved, but I haven't submitted it yet. If I can, I'd like to apply on a date where I can predict the account monthly closing date. With Chase, I can easily set this after I open the account, but I've been unsuccessful changing the close date with Amex (or Citi). I can change the payment due date, but the closing date remains constant. I think it's probably established when the account is created, but I don't know the details. Does anyone know? Thanks.
As @nall said, Amex and Citi have fixed due dates (as the law requires), but the closing dates may vary slightly from month to month. With Citi, you can change the due date online.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: TK E+
I have the business card and about 2-3 days after crossing $15K I received an email that I earned the first free weekend night certificate, which appeared in the account shortly thereafter.

Several days ago I crossed the $40K in posted transactions, but still no word about the diamond status. Anyone has some data points on how long it actually takes to get upgraded? I have a couple trips coming up soon and this may influence where I book them..
Old May 3, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bamba70
I have the business card and about 2-3 days after crossing $15K I received an email that I earned the first free weekend night certificate, which appeared in the account shortly thereafter.

Several days ago I crossed the $40K in posted transactions, but still no word about the diamond status. Anyone has some data points on how long it actually takes to get upgraded? I have a couple trips coming up soon and this may influence where I book them..
Have you checked your status on Hilton's site? When I made diamond with the Surpass my status changed as soon as the statement I reached 40K in spending closed so I would it expect it to be no later than that.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Just fell from Diamond to Gold after injuries kept me off the road quite a bit in the last two years. I signed up for the Aspire card to get a jump start now that I'm back on the road again. The terms say it can take up to 12 weeks to reflect Diamond status; for those who have signed up for the card, how long does it actually take?
Old May 3, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by javabytes
Just fell from Diamond to Gold after injuries kept me off the road quite a bit in the last two years. I signed up for the Aspire card to get a jump start now that I'm back on the road again. The terms say it can take up to 12 weeks to reflect Diamond status; for those who have signed up for the card, how long does it actually take?
I may take a Tuesday.

Ie, it takes a different number of days depneinding on when you're approved. But assuming you didn't apply on a Tuedsday, it's likely to appear on the next Tuesday or maybe the one after that.

Earlier in this thread there was an example of people who applied (either for a new card or an upgrade) on Wednesday, Friday, and Monday, and all of them had their new status show up the following Tuesday. I'd hate to declare that a "rule" yet with just 3 datapoints, but it's a "hint at a rule" perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.