Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Wow, we are here now and this place is unreal. Booked a water villa on points, no upgrade (paid or otherwise) were offered/discussed at any point. We are still very happy with the WV. As a Diamond member, I feel quite well treated here. Upon disembarking the seaplane, we were taken care of in priority in the climatized lounge on the dock. Our host is quite nice though we haven't really seen him since our arrival three nights ago.

Welcome bubbly in the room was a bottle of Michelle Rose from Washington. Quite nice though a bit too fruity for my taste. Still, we enjoyed in while in our private little pool last night and we got to see a group of four eagle rays and one stingray, simply amazing!

Prices seem to have gone up a bit compared to other reports in this thread:

- Koko Gril: 258++ pp
- Wine Cellar: 288++ pp
- Lobster and Champagne Dinner: 260++ pp
- Beach BBQ : 235++ pp

We are pretty impressed by the complimentary Happy Hour. They pour with a heavy hand and the quality (and strength!!) of the drinks is quite good. Nice wines as well, including a pretty good sparkling wine from Australia.

No stuffed animals in sight tough... I might ask our host if we ever see him.

So so far we did Rangali Bar, Wine and Cheese Bar and Sunset Grill for dinner. Tonight will be our honeymoon dinner at Mandhoo and tomorrow we plan on doing Ufaa. We really liked Sunset Grilllast night.

I have a schedule and price list for excursions if anyone is interested. If anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to help while I am here!
Old May 10, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
I have a schedule and price list for excursions if anyone is interested. If anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to help while I am here!
I'd appreciate it if you could post a photo(s) of the excursions list.

Interesting that there was no mention of upgrades at any point. i have an upcoming stay in September and when they asked for my flight details they also provided a list of cash upgrade rates.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:36 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if you could share how your experience was. You mentioned your gf is vegan and we have similar dietary restrictions and was wondering how much of a struggle (if at all) it was for getting food.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2018, 11:38 pm

Prices seem to have gone up a bit compared to other reports in this thread:

- Koko Gril: 258++ pp
- Wine Cellar: 288++ pp
- Lobster and Champagne Dinner: 260++ pp
- Beach BBQ : 235++ pp
You'll find that those prices are all listed in the thread within the last few months.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:39 am

Would also appreciate the photo of the excursions schedule and list as I will be there a month from now.

Did they not even offer you an upgrade buy up by email before your stay?

Regarding my stay, I will be there for 6 nights in early June. We have 6 nights in the Water Villa but want to do the first 2 nights in a beach villa and will pay for an upgrade for 4 nights to the superior water villa. Is it worth upgrading to the deluxe beach villa? I heard the beach villas were renovated recently and on the Conrad booking page, it seems to indicate the deluxe beach villas will be renovated over the next few months. Contemplating not paying more to stay in a recently renovated regular beach villa.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: AC SE
Posting from mobile and can't figure out how to multi-quote, sorry.

I will PM the excursion list to all those interested when I get back home in a few days.
I was also surprised that no upgrades were offered at any point (nothing by email beforehand and nothing in person upon check-in). I kinda forgot about it before flying in and was half expecting/hoping for a complimentary or cheap upgrade but nothing was offered. Though being honest, I didn't really pursue it either.

They are very accommodating with food restrictions/allergies. Gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan can all be easily done. They are pro-active in asking about such things.

Several DBV are currently closed for renovations but I have no idea how soon they will be made available again. @vprp, who knows, perhaps you could be lucky enough to be amongst the first to stay in one of those! You should enquire when you ask for the upgrade.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Welcome bubbly in the room was a bottle of Michelle Rose from Washington.
Another cost cutting measure ???
It used to be Ruinart Champagne for Diamond.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:54 am

I will PM the excursion list to all those interested when I get back home in a few days.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of your time there!
Old May 11, 2018, 5:48 am

I would also appreciate that price list. Thanks!
Old May 11, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by IvanCU
Here right now; first full day. Seems a bit quiet. Weather is clear but pretty hot and humid.

So far so good!
Originally Posted by mb123
Is it always for ANY Diamond or just for returning Diamonds?
We received Ruinart on our second visit three months ago, but got a bubbly (can't remember the name/brand, definitely NO champagne) on our first stay.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I also got a full bottle of Michelle Rosé last year in October as returning Diamond. Previously, it was a half bottle of Ruinart.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:15 am

Do al the rooms have kettles/boilers?
Old May 11, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by mb123
Why aren't we surprised.

Originally Posted by searchingforawards
Do al the rooms have kettles/boilers?
Yes.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
As returning Diamond guests, for the last few years we always got a full bottle of the house champagne (Ruinart since 2 years).
But we always stay there during festive season, maybe it’s a difference?
Old May 11, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Why aren't we surprised.
Yes.
you mean real kettle to boil water for tea etc, and not the "coffee maker turned kettle kind of kettle", right?

i presume so. just wanted to check - the latter is what's frequently found in US hotels, and frustrates someone who doesnt drink coffee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.