Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2023, 2:58 pm

Booked with Virgin, won't get points?

Originally Posted by mediamonkey
Does anyone know the difference in booking with Hilton where I've got Diamond or booking direct with Virgin Hotels and their 'The Know' membership?
I don't know the difference but here's a weird situation I'm in. Recently booked this hotel for an upcoming stay. As I think was mentioned upthread, the price on the Virgin Hotels website is significantly cheaper than hilton.com. I called a Hilton reservationist and tried to get them to find the same rate, but after 30+ minutes of trying they still couldn't do it. I went ahead and booked through the Virgin website. Today I call the Diamond Desk to ask them to add my reservation to my Hilton Honors account. The CSR put me on hold and after 4-5 minutes came back on and said that should couldn't connect the reservation and I wouldn't be getting any points for the stay because I booked through a third-party. I said I booked directly with the hotel. She apologized and said that's just how it works. If I didn't book with Hilton.com I wouldn't get HHonors points for the stay, there's no way to connect my stay (at a Hilton property!) to my HHonors account.

Any suggestions?
Old Jul 14, 2023, 4:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xenophile
I don't know the difference but here's a weird situation I'm in. Recently booked this hotel for an upcoming stay. As I think was mentioned upthread, the price on the Virgin Hotels website is significantly cheaper than hilton.com. I called a Hilton reservationist and tried to get them to find the same rate, but after 30+ minutes of trying they still couldn't do it. I went ahead and booked through the Virgin website. Today I call the Diamond Desk to ask them to add my reservation to my Hilton Honors account. The CSR put me on hold and after 4-5 minutes came back on and said that should couldn't connect the reservation and I wouldn't be getting any points for the stay because I booked through a third-party. I said I booked directly with the hotel. She apologized and said that's just how it works. If I didn't book with Hilton.com I wouldn't get HHonors points for the stay, there's no way to connect my stay (at a Hilton property!) to my HHonors account.

Any suggestions?
Best rate guarantee?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:46 am

FYI for anyone booking, if you book hotel only through Virgin Holidays they waive the resort charge. I'm pretty sure I won't get my points or diamond benefits but they're not worth it compared to saving $45 a day.
SPN Lifer and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 8:17 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by mediamonkey
FYI for anyone booking, if you book hotel only through Virgin Holidays they waive the resort charge. I'm pretty sure I won't get my points or diamond benefits but they're not worth it compared to saving $45 a day.
Just to confirm their rates are partial non-refundable depending on when you cancel?
Old Jul 18, 2023, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Best rate guarantee?
I guess this has no relevance here. Not sure if I have any recourse. Such a strange situation.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Just tried BRG on this property.

Hilton replied within 24 hours (yay) and said no (boo).

"I have reviewed your reservation and compared it to the rate published on Virginholidays.com. I was unable to approve your claim because it did not meet the criteria to qualify for the Price Match Guarantee. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a lower rate on the third party site with the same booking (payment, cancellation). Additionally, the third party site does not have the ability to change their offer to the local currency available on our Hilton.com website. The terms of our Price Match Guarantee program specify that “The same accommodations must be available for booking at a qualifying lower price in the currency of the hotel when we validate your claim.” (please see “Reviewing your claim” at PMG Overview & Terms for more information). This requirement is in place to avoid any inconsistencies when using outside currency converters."

So I can book via VirginHolidays for two nights for ~$125 US – the price has now gone up since I wrote them, so checking on a Best Rate Guarantee has cost me money already instead of just booking! – but that's still cheaper than Hilton.com's $260.77 US.

To say they can't match a rate on a legit website just because Virgin doesn't have a currency converter... Hmmmhm.

Sigh. Resort fees are a drag. I made a point to stay here when the hotel first opened, and have stayed a few times since. Nice place, but $45 a night for water and "free phone calls" is a total turd move.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I just booked on points (so no resort fee) with the hope of using the Hilton Amex Resort Credit. We'd only use it for food and drink.

Does anyone know if every restaurant and bar can be charged to the room (therefore making it RC eligible), or are some restaurants "outside vendors" or whatever the term is that must be paid for separately, and therefore not RC eligible?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Does anyone know if every restaurant and bar can be charged to the room (therefore making it RC eligible), or are some restaurants "outside vendors" or whatever the term is that must be paid for separately, and therefore not RC eligible?
When I was there in August, I was able to make a room charge at Pizza Forte and at the Commons (for breakfast) without any issues. I didn't try elsewhere.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Smaug
When I was there in August, I was able to make a room charge at Pizza Forte and at the Commons (for breakfast) without any issues. I didn't try elsewhere.
We'll get breakfast through the Diamond benefit, were hoping for a nicer restaurant (Kassi, One) to use up the $200 credit at dinner. I'm sure the FD will know when we check in.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:57 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We'll get breakfast through the Diamond benefit, were hoping for a nicer restaurant (Kassi, One) to use up the $200 credit at dinner. I'm sure the FD will know when we check in.
I suggest giving them a call.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just a rumor: I was at the Virgin Las Vegas last weekend playing craps, and the craps dealers were talking about how the Virgin was going to lose its Hilton affiliation. They were worried that hotels they had booked with the employee discount may not honor the discount when they stopped being a Hilton. I asked them if the Virgin was really going to stop being a Hilton, and they said that's what they heard from the front desk people. No information on when this might happen.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by escog
Just a rumor: I was at the Virgin Las Vegas last weekend playing craps, and the craps dealers were talking about how the Virgin was going to lose its Hilton affiliation. They were worried that hotels they had booked with the employee discount may not honor the discount when they stopped being a Hilton. I asked them if the Virgin was really going to stop being a Hilton, and they said that's what they heard from the front desk people. No information on when this might happen.
but IF it does happen, i wonder what would happen to those with future points reservations. i've been tempted because the points are always much lower than the W-A, Resorts World trio, plus it's a "resort" so you can get your Aspire card credit.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post # 102)
IF it does happen, i wonder what would happen to those with future points reservations. i've been tempted because the points are always much lower than the W-A, Resorts World trio, plus it's a "resort" so you can get your Aspire card credit.
At other properties that have been de-flagged, point redemptions occurring after the effective date have not been honored. This is because the unaffiliated property will no longer be reimbursed by Hilton.
Eujeanie likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I just checked out yesterday after staying three days. I really do like the hotel. The staff was very accommodating to diamond upgrades and has been on my previous stays as well. The rooms are very nice. It would be a shame if they did lose Hilton status because that would leave a lot worse choices in the area.
I just wish they let you use your dining credit at any restaurant. The kitchen Commons is overpriced with $25 pancakes and things like that Night market and Casa are pretty darn good. I wish I could spend my credit there.
SPN Lifer and cargueiro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.