FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1953811-virgin-hotels-las-vegas-formerly-hard-rock-las-vegas-us-nv.html)

bcosinteno Jan 30, 2019 9:37 am

Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}

Hotel Business is reporting the new Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (currently Hard Rock Las Vegas) will join Curio Collection by Hilton when it opens in 2020.

https://www.hotelbusiness.com/virgin...ion-by-hilton/

christianj Jan 30, 2019 10:21 am

Interesting addition​​​​​!

Would love to see property in Chicago added and I think they just opened San Francisco as well.

GundamWing01 Jul 17, 2020 3:59 pm

this is going to be SO MUCH BETTER than the trop dump. not to mention i always had to fight for my normal HH diamond benefits.

lets see if it really opens later this year 2020.

kilo Jul 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01 (Post 32539460)
this is going to be SO MUCH BETTER than the trop dump. not to mention i always had to fight for my normal HH diamond benefits.

Not to mention Hilton, LXR and Conrad to follow next year.

FlyerTalker7654 Jul 17, 2020 5:13 pm

It's certainly interesting. I think the issue might be it's location off the strip. That's what the Hard Rock struggled with for years. Still, maybe enough of the Hilton market will stay...but, as others have mentioned, the new Hilton & Conrad look stunning and are on the strip....!

​​​

GundamWing01 Jul 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by kilo (Post 32539605)
Not to mention Hilton, LXR and Conrad to follow next year.

Originally Posted by SgtRyan (Post 32539609)
It's certainly interesting. I think the issue might be it's location off the strip. That's what the Hard Rock struggled with for years. Still, maybe enough of the Hilton market will stay...but, as others have mentioned, the new Hilton & Conrad look stunning and are on the strip....!​​​

you guys bring up great points. i was just setting up my virgin hotel profile in preparation for the vegas open later this year. its supposed to be around NOV. but lets see if that date holds due to the pandemic. not sure if a nov launch would be too successful. what a shame. love the virgin brand in general. lots of great business products under virgin so i hope this property does well.

the triple hilton threat via Resorts World is absolutely crazy monkey balls. when it was announced earlier this year, i was in disbelief. how can hilton launch a Hilton Resort, LXR and a Conrad all within one property? sounds like another SPG W and SLS confusion cluster disaster. time will tell. i will totally check it out and enjoy while its lasts. and with this pandemic, maybe some dates would be pushed or plans downsized.

also, you guys remember the Fontainebleau Las Vegas? wish that came to life. but after the 2008 bankruptcy, now it will be The Drew housing both marriott EDITION and JW. will see how that goes.

writerguyfl Jul 18, 2020 5:09 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01 (Post 32539644)
you guys bring up great points. i was just setting up my virgin hotel profile in preparation for the vegas open later this year. its supposed to be around NOV. but lets see if that date holds due to the pandemic. not sure if a nov launch would be too successful. what a shame. love the virgin brand in general. lots of great business products under virgin so i hope this property does well.

I expect the Virgin Las Vegas to become the epicenter of British tourism to Las Vegas. Because the hotel is owned in-part by the Virgin Group, I'm expecting that Virgin Holidays will be going out of their way to push guests to stay at their "new" hotel.

Originally Posted by GundamWing01 (Post 32539644)
the triple hilton threat via Resorts World is absolutely crazy monkey balls. when it was announced earlier this year, i was in disbelief. how can hilton launch a Hilton Resort, LXR and a Conrad all within one property? sounds like another SPG W and SLS confusion cluster disaster. time will tell. i will totally check it out and enjoy while its lasts. and with this pandemic, maybe some dates would be pushed or plans downsized.

The difference between the Resorts World set-up and the Sahara one is that these Hilton properties have been planned as separate hotels from the beginning. To me, that's night and day. At the Sahara, they had to work with the location of the existing buildings and parking garages.

Plus, the SLS/W Hotel was trying to re-write almost 60 years of history. Even if they never stayed there, legions of Las Vegas visitors knew the Sahara as "the Sahara." Renaming it was probably the dumbest move the new owners could have made.

pauleeepaul Jul 18, 2020 5:25 am

I had a couple of looong Sunday afternoons there back in the day.

Agree the location is meh.

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Jul 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Coincidentally, I had just recently emailed the media relations department for the Virgin/Curio ex-Hard Rock asking them if they would be open in January. Still have not received a reply yet for a week or two, which doesn’t necessarily bode well.

Semi-excited about all the new potential Hilton properties in Vegas. They’re all currently pretty meh. I like the Elara’s hard product but... no Diamond bennys/too much wrong there... SLS was cool but that weirdness couldn’t last... Waldorf is a mixed bag and needs a remodel... Trop is a budget hotel with no zing... The Embassy Suites Convention Center has always been nice to me though.

GundamWing01 Jul 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by writerguyfl (Post 32540338)
I expect the Virgin Las Vegas to become the epicenter of British tourism to Las Vegas. Because the hotel is owned in-part by the Virgin Group, I'm expecting that Virgin Holidays will be going out of their way to push guests to stay at their "new" hotel.

The difference between the Resorts World set-up and the Sahara one is that these Hilton properties have been planned as separate hotels from the beginning. To me, that's night and day. At the Sahara, they had to work with the location of the existing buildings and parking garages.

Plus, the SLS/W Hotel was trying to re-write almost 60 years of history. Even if they never stayed there, legions of Las Vegas visitors knew the Sahara as "the Sahara." Renaming it was probably the dumbest move the new owners could have made.

very true. im sure the new virgin hotel would become the new UK vegas experience gateway with many travel holiday packages being sold over in the UK. but with the pandemic, im curious to see when the hotel will open. almost certain there will be delays. location is not that great either. so there may be heavy reliance on virgin holiday packages. would be an interesting property if many guests are funneled from the UK. it better not be another Thomas Cook collapse.

im also skeptical about resorts world. they dropped the asian theme. which is a good idea. never been to the two properties in NY. ive been meaning to visit. lucky dragon vegas was total trash. always empty. nobody went. ive never tried and forgot about it. then it went bankrupt in a year. but hilton will have a very strong presence on the strip. and i agree that the hilton triple setup might work much better than the SPG confusion. TBD.

FlyerTalker7654 Jul 22, 2020 7:37 am

I have a friend who is in the construction game here. He confirms resorts world will open as planned. I was thinking they might stop it due to everything going on, but apparently not. Looking forward to both that and the Virgin property.

GundamWing01 Jul 23, 2020 12:34 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan (Post 32550117)
I have a friend who is in the construction game here. He confirms resorts world will open as planned. I was thinking they might stop it due to everything going on, but apparently not. Looking forward to both that and the Virgin property.

thank you for that interesting info. i would imagine the developers have no time to waste and must recoup billions ASAP. also looking fwd to visiting resorts world and all the new hotels if they actually pull through. im skeptical though. the pandemic has brought panic. i think virgin hotels will be delayed if virgin atlantic gives any indication. Fontainebleau went bust in 2008. sat doing nothing for years and now The Drew has issues. so maybe no more marriott. next, we have the 21+ only adult Circa Resort. ive been waiting for this one for awhile. you can start booking from Dec 28th 2020. TBD if that sticks. i doubt it though. but maybe NYE celebrations will bring in huge money.

lastly, lets not forget the mega acquisition of CET by Eldorado. that changes the game because it expands the CET loyalty program way beyond vegas and other CET properties. ive been pretty focused on Mlife and CET, but since the acquisition greatly expands the CET universe, I may focus my attn more on CET. ive been meaning to visit Caesars UK as well.

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Sep 3, 2020 3:11 pm

I happened to be looking for some Vegas lodging for January, and saw that the Conrad, Hilton, Curio/Virgin, and that new Hampton and Home2Suites that are hidden behind the convention center are all now showing up as "coming soon".

(The upscale places are not yet bookable. The H2S and Hampton are.)

That's a change from a few weeks ago where they weren't even on the booking engine.

Conrad and Hilton say "June 21" expected date, whereas the Virgin still says 4Q 2020.

Sisosig Sep 4, 2020 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant (Post 32650544)

Conrad and Hilton say "June 21" expected date, whereas the Virgin still says 4Q 2020.

Charming that the Hilton will be named Las Vegas Hilton at Resorts World, i.e. in the earlier style: City - Hilton.

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Sep 5, 2020 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Sisosig (Post 32651376)
Charming that the Hilton will be named Las Vegas Hilton at Resorts World, i.e. in the earlier style: City - Hilton.

Evoking memories of the old dame Las Vegas Hilton (1971–2012)!

(Hope they screen the busboys for weed this time, tho.)