Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport {IDN}

Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport {IDN}

Old Mar 19, 16, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport {IDN}

I am looking for a quick overnight at the Bali Denpasar Kuta HGI. It is not open yet so I can't read any reviews. The hotel is Cat 1 which means it's 5k points per night. With the current buying points promo, that brings the cost to 30USD per night which is of course a bargain.
I have never stayed at Hilton Garden Inn before, nor at a category one hotel. What's the general perception of this brand in this category?
I think the rating might be due to the general price level in Indonesia, not necessarily the quality? I don't expect much for this price, just a clean place to rest for one night and maybe a decent breakfast before travelling onwards.
Old Mar 19, 16, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The fact that a hotel is Category 1 has very little to do with its quality and a whole lot to do with its market, average room rates, etc. A new hotel will quite often start at Category 1 to help fill rooms. I believe this hotel is also located near the airport, where few holidaymakers would actually want to be for a long stay.

HGI is basically a Hilton with less polished service in my experience. Nicer than a Hampton. Perfect really for those with an early or late flight and don't want to deal with transportation to Ubud or even the Gili islands.

Last edited by craigthemif; Mar 19, 16 at 1:23 pm
Old Mar 19, 16, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I stayed in Cat1 HGI in Europe and it was very good, max. 2 years old and everything was in perfect condition.
Old Mar 19, 16, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
I am looking for a quick overnight at the Bali Denpasar Kuta HGI. It is not open yet so I can't read any reviews. The hotel is Cat 1 which means it's 5k points per night. With the current buying points promo, that brings the cost to 30USD per night which is of course a bargain.
I have never stayed at Hilton Garden Inn before, nor at a category one hotel. What's the general perception of this brand in this category?
I think the rating might be due to the general price level in Indonesia, not necessarily the quality? I don't expect much for this price, just a clean place to rest for one night and maybe a decent breakfast before travelling onwards.
As noted above, the fact that the hotel is a Category 1 is (usually) in no way related to the general quality (or approval ratings) of the hotel. The category ratings that Hilton provide differentiate based upon cost and are usually related to whether the hotel is located in a popular or expensive city or destination, on the beach, or some other similar factor. Also as noted above, hotels often start as a lower category and then the category is increased over time. In the US, a number of Hampton Inn's that are category 1 are often quite acceptable hotels but are located along an interstate highway near a small town.

In the pecking order of Hilton properties HGI is usually considered to be above a Hampton and depending upon the particular property and the individual doing the rating, above, below, or even with a Doubletree.
Old Jul 5, 16, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.96MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Has anyone stayed in this hotel yet? I have an overnight stay in Bali coming up so I've made a reservation. I don't expect much -- the price and the convenience to the airport are the main attractions -- but it would be great to know whether it's clean and functional and whether any startup issues have been resolved. Thanks so much.
Old Jul 5, 16, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I wouldn't be worried - the recent reviews on TripAdvisor are really positive. I'm looking at a trip to Bali and I'm thinking of staying there for a few nights just because it's such a good deal.
Old Jul 5, 16, 6:39 pm
jxd

Programs: HHonors gold
Planning on booking 5 nights here on points. 20k for 5 nights seem to be a pretty good deal! The pool and rooms look good too.
Old Jul 6, 16, 2:15 am

Programs: Hhonors Dia, Accor Plat, BW Dia, SPG & Marriott Gold, KrisFlyer & tobonus Silver, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun View Post
Has anyone stayed in this hotel yet? I have an overnight stay in Bali coming up so I've made a reservation. I don't expect much -- the price and the convenience to the airport are the main attractions -- but it would be great to know whether it's clean and functional and whether any startup issues have been resolved. Thanks so much.

You're a Hhonors Diamond, right? I was wondering if the breakfast benefit is really a "cooked-to-order"-breakfast, as mentioned in the reservation, or if it is a breakfast buffet?
Old Jul 6, 16, 2:43 am
Original Poster

I'll be there in a week and will report back. Reviews on TA are indeed very positive.
Old Jul 19, 16, 5:56 am

Programs: KL, HH
I will be staying at this property at the end of this month. Will write a quick review about it on flyertalk..
Old Jul 19, 16, 7:42 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by NobodyX View Post
You're a Hhonors Diamond, right? I was wondering if the breakfast benefit is really a "cooked-to-order"-breakfast, as mentioned in the reservation, or if it is a breakfast buffet?
My guess is that this will be the normal breakfast buffet that you find at most Asian upscale hotels, including an egg station where you can get your "cooked to order" eggs (and maybe waffles/pan cakes too). I'm pretty confident that it will be far better than what you would get at a HGI in the US, so dont worry.
Old Jul 19, 16, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Starbux Gold, Nexus
Thanks for all the comments on this thread as I am tempted to cancel the Conrad Bali and stay at this HGI for 2 nights as a solo traveler.
Old Jul 19, 16, 9:52 am
Original Poster

The breakfast is buffet style. A selection of bread, pastries, cold cuts, salad, fruit, juices and a variety of asian dishes such as fried noodles and congee. There is also an egg station and freshly prepared waffles with trimmings. Quality was good.
Old Jul 24, 16, 11:00 pm

Programs: KL, HH
Quick review of this property:

Stayed here last Saturday, as I had a flight the next morning (6:00 AM).
  • Check-In process was a bit of a mess. Hhonors check-in desk was not in use, so I had to wait in a long queue.
  • I booked a standaard twin-room. Room was clean and decently sized. I did not get an upgrade as Diamond member.
  • The restaurant is just a standard hotel restaurant, nothing special.
  • The hotel features a large pool, which can be used 24-hours a day iirc.
  • Staff is friendly, but they lost the receipt for the food I had in the restaurant. They will contact me later if they found the checks.
  • There's an airport shuttle available (24/7).
For a HGI I think this is a nice hotel. Hotel is located 500m away from the airport and the rates are quite good. Definitely will come back if I visit Bali again.

Last edited by Iamspecialized; Jul 24, 16 at 11:40 pm
Old Jul 28, 16, 9:29 am

Review

Just finished a stay here, check out my review of the property : http://jerrremy.wixsite.com/pointhig...ah-Rai-Airport

Last edited by Jerrremy; Aug 9, 16 at 12:23 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: