Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
https://www.internetbrands.com/priva...=FlyerTalk.com

Information Sharing
We do not sell, rent or provide your personal information to third parties that are unaffiliated with Internet Brands. Your personal information is shared with third parties with your consent, except in circumstances where the law requires it to be shared.

How to Contact Us
Use our Privacy Contact form, or write to us at the address below.

Privacy Office
Internet Brands, Inc.
909 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor
El Segundo, CA 90245 U.S.A.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by cruisr
Please do not lock this thread. It goes very well with a martini, shaken, not stirred.
After reading this, I'm getting flashbacks from that Doubletree KL thread from a few years back.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kat007
Of course it is not my legal name, but email address, IP, etc are all exposed and given away. It is easy to locate a person in Hilton`s data base if they got the same email address linked to both FT and HH - for example.
That was exact point, my reg email address is say Thomas [email protected] while my FT is Abe [email protected] thusly unless I contact the Offical Rep and give them my info they have no idea that GW and AL are one and the same. 1st mistake on your part having the same email address and your real one on FT

Your 73 nights might be worthless if they were award nights or very cheap rates. UA was thrilled to get rid of me as I was a 1K for well over 10 yrs and spent between $2-3500 a year doing my 100K. They can make then that off 1 tkt at a high fare basis. Point is a valuable guest is one that is dropping crazy $$$ and not the number of nights staying

every program has its own red lines and I can see where if you are on their radar and people start calling in and mentioning negative comments you have made where you are no longer wanted. So if they feel you will be rallying others against them I can understand why theyd want you gone or me for that matter.

As for mutitple accts, its not what Amex says but what HH says, and I dont recall seeing where HH says its AOK to have more then 1 acct in my name. If I went down the path of multiple accts I would have called up once any bonus would have posted to combine them, the fact that many people do it and dont run into problems is meaningless

For whatever reason HH finally decided you are more of a burden then youre worth and cut the cord and I believe according to their T&Cs they can do so
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Gradfly
After reading this, I'm getting flashbacks from that Doubletree KL thread from a few years back.
Was that about James Bond also? Sean Connery is my favorite 007.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by cruisr
Was that about James Bond also? Sean Connery is my favorite 007.
No but if I recall correctly it involved accusations of a conspiracy.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Suppose it's all true and HH really does hunt down its critics? What has that to do with the fact that OP admits to having committed account fraud which clearly justifies HH in zeroing out and shutting down the account?

If HH really chooses to fire anybody who is mildly critical -- and the thread, while meandering, was not particularly harsh -- that is HH's business and the fact that it can hang its hat on a clearcut fraud is a problem OP can't circumvent.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kat007
The moral of this story (and the previous one about silent devaluation): Hilton absolutely does not value its loyal guests. It didn`t give a damn about me, and it doesn`t give a damn about you either. Spend your money, open co-branded credit cards, and be quiet-that`s all required from you.
If a person isnt a major spender then no airline,hotel or car rental company can care 2 bits about you. And the truth is I couldnt care 2 bits about any of them either. I still dont understand all the Raa-Raa boys(and gals) who defend any program as if they were the owners

My company used to cut the cord from customers when they werent worthwhile keeping around, they cost us more then we made from them, and likewise we were cut off as well and understandingly, its simply the nature of the beast

I no longer care which hotel Im staying at as long as I get what I need, nor carrier being flown or car rental company all that matters is what I have to pay and will I get what I need.o if Hilton has the best price they will get the res, if Marriott or IHG or SPG etc does they will get it. I can fly AA today and not again for months

I love when I call UA and hear back well Mr craz we thank you for what you have done in the past but all we care about is what you are doing for us today.I answer, I agree and I apply that as well,I thank UA for what it has given me in the past but Im only concerned with what if anything it is giving me today, they try to tell me that its not fair to hold them to that, I say just as fair as you applying it to me. And since UA hasnt done anything helpful at all I have no alligence to it And as they put 10 across on their 777s I will be flying them even less.

If you are 100% squeaky clean in that you never used a code you werent entitled to, never complained about things that werent true issues, didnt benefit from Amex bonuses once they said 1 per person per lifetime etc etcv, Id just move on.If you 100% squeaky clean they go after them eg you booked as a senior yet wasnt 62, or govt rate but didnt work for the govt or IBM code but didnt work for IBM. Since after going over the acct with a fine tooth comb if they find what they consider fraud on your part, be prepared to get a bill for funds due
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple of things:

1. I love this whole "Hilton knew I had two Amex cards thing". Hilton Honors has many many millions of members and probably over a million Amex cards out there AND in January they were at the launch (re-launch) stage of three different new cards. Do you really think that their only concern in all of that would have been to identify you as having two cards and bonuses instantly the second you got the second one. I would also think that even if they had, they probably have a 30 or 60 day grace period for people to merge their multiple accounts. This is probably what they justifiably busted youa bout.

2. I find it incredibly offensive the things you have posted about SD1K. She has been on here forever, she is probably the most respected person on FT, and yes is beyond reproach. Canarsie has asked you to please essentially put up or shut up.

3. A "stealth" devaluation of some 2nd rate properties at the bottom scale of 2nd and 3rd rate mostly esoteric cities is not groundbreaking, not news, and quite frankly not earth shattering. Dozens or even hundreds of such "scoops" have been found and posted over the years, and there has never been any sort of retaliation, I can tell you that I and at least 3 other posters on this very thread have been responsible for threads and news that has not just gotten on some FF billboards, but that have made front pages of major news organizations........on subjects directly linked to tens if not millions of dollars for the companies involved, and no such retaliation.

4. This whole, 'I know they are giving away our data.....just look at FB" thing is ridiculous. Even if what you said was partially true (that you are being punished for your big scoop), you are also saying that you have used the same e-mail address everywhere. including on these sites and with HH, I am sure that you have it publicly available in many other places as well. Hyatt tracked you down? Many people on FT have been tracked down from their posts by programs for a myriad of reasons, often the programs trying to either rectify something or check the veracity of something. Maybe you should look at what information you post, if Hyatt miraculously got in touch with you at some point.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hfly
A couple of things:

1. I love this whole "Hilton knew I had two Amex cards thing". Hilton Honors has many many millions of members and probably over a million Amex cards out there AND in January they were at the .
I stopped reading right there. Again, you are so wrong in your imagination. I didn`t say that Hilton knew about Amex thing, you are lying. I said Hilton knew I had two Hilton accounts because they manually added my email address to it.

Save your time and please don`t post your bizarre stories about me
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am lying? No, you are not clear, not at all, and that has been pointed out to you by many people.
What "bizarre stories about" you, have I been telling?! Please do tell?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:39 pm
Suspended

A couple of things:

1. I love this whole "Hilton knew I had two Amex cards thing". Hilton Honors has many many millions of members and probably over a million Amex cards out there AND in January they were at the launch (re-launch) stage of three different new cards. Do you really think that their only concern in all of that would have been to identify you as having two cards and bonuses instantly the second you got the second one. I would also think that even if they had, they probably have a 30 or 60 day grace period for people to merge their multiple accounts. This is probably what they justifiably busted youa bout.

2. I find it incredibly offensive the things you have posted about SD1K. She has been on here forever, she is probably the most respected person on FT, and yes is beyond reproach. Canarsie has asked you to please essentially put up or shut up.

3. A "stealth" devaluation of some 2nd rate properties at the bottom scale of 2nd and 3rd rate mostly esoteric cities is not groundbreaking, not news, and quite frankly not earth shattering. Dozens or even hundreds of such "scoops" have been found and posted over the years, and there has never been any sort of retaliation, I can tell you that I and at least 3 other posters on this very thread have been responsible for threads and news that has not just gotten on some FF billboards, but that have made front pages of major news organizations........on subjects directly linked to tens if not millions of dollars for the companies involved, and no such retaliation.

4. This whole, 'I know they are giving away our data.....just look at FB" thing is ridiculous. Even if what you said was partially true (that you are being punished for your big scoop), you are also saying that you have used the same e-mail address everywhere. including on these sites and with HH, I am sure that you have it publicly available in many other places as well. Hyatt tracked you down? Many people on FT have been tracked down from their posts by programs for a myriad of reasons, often the programs trying to either rectify something or check the veracity of something. Maybe you should look at what information you post, if Hyatt miraculously got in touch with you at some point.
its more then just a few 5k places going to 10k. Ive seen a number of hotels that were 20k now being 30k and when it all hit the fan and afterwards they were 20k. Theres no question in my mind that HH is playing games no different then DL or others have. In the end if a person doesnt like how they do things move on to another program (truth is nowadays they are all the same) And yet the benefits keep going away and theres very little reason to remain for me at least with HH. If theres no $$ to be made they will cut it just like the airlines do. Bout the best we can hope for is that you stay at a few hotels mainly and due to that they will take care of you since you affect their bottom line, but Im less and less rely on any status to produce any kind of benefit beyond the min they must go. "Sorry we did upgrade you , you are on the 5th floor (of 20) and not 1-4. For $xxx per night we can offer you a room with the view that youd like or a larger size room etc etc
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

craz, I am sure that they are doing that and more, personally I hate it when a property that I was looking forward to at 30 or 40k a night suddenly becomes 60 or 70k, everyone hates it. I also have hated greatly many programs penchant in recent years of doing it and giving no notice, or worse, never saying anything and its just something that you discover only later on. I have no problem with the OP having posted the original "stealth" thread, as I encourage other s to do and which literally on the HH forum and other forums on FT have been posted LITERALLY THOUSAND OF TIMES. But that is not what we are talking about on this thread now, that was another thread. We are now talking about black helicopters, and Watergate, and whatever, and I am now being called out for "lying" and being accused of posting"bizarre stories", very weird.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:58 pm

In response to the people who say big companies don't respond to "criticism". Well, people who are in powerful places can have grudges. Like saying "no" to Delta's fuel subsidies because of its withdrawal of the NRA discount. Those people exist in Hilton, like any other big company. Sometimes people do stuff for seemingly trivial reasons.

And it is funny how people presume data cannot be passed on. People also presumed smart TVs cannot spy on you, nor your laptop's webcam. That your phone is secure and cannot be hacked (especially if iphone). We all know that to not be true. So, the crazies who said their TV was watching them? It ends up the rest of us are actually the crazy ones.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
So you seem to start out having a beef with Hilton, ostensibly for canceling your Hhonors account because you made a post criticial of Hilton on Flyertalk.

Then you accuse Flyertalk of "giving out your info."

Are you mad ?
Fixed it for you with the addition of a question mark and deletion of extraneous text.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:59 pm
Suspended

craz, I am sure that they are doing that and more, personally I hate it when a property that I was looking forward to at 30 or 40k a night suddenly becomes 60 or 70k, everyone hates it. I also have hated greatly many programs penchant in recent years of doing it and giving no notice, or worse, never saying anything and its just something that you discover only later on. I have no problem with the OP having posted the original "stealth" thread, as I encourage other s to do and which literally on the HH forum and other forums on FT have been posted LITERALLY THOUSAND OF TIMES. But that is not what we are talking about on this thread now, that was another thread. We are now talking about black helicopters, and Watergate, and whatever, and I am now being called out for "lying" and being accused of posting"bizarre stories", very weird.
I understood, and to a large extent agree with you. I also understand how to the OP it seems thats its exactly as hes seeing it and if I was him and maybe if you were wed both size it up as he is. I still believe that very few folks are squeaky clean and as long as you dont cause any trouble the different programs will keep you (im still surprised UnUnited hasnt KOed me) Im sure if folks started calling up and complaining and saying I agree with what craz posted and if UA knows who I am that that would be the straw that breaks the camels back, but as long as its just me complaining they brush it off, when it hits the fan then they look to any reason to find where their T&Cs were broken and goodbye

that said the OP may be 1000% squeaky clean, but it seems HH at least no longer wants them as a member and thats their right per what we signed when we joined up. I hate it when I get into those corners as well but all too often we think we are untouchable when in fact we arent. theres no way to force any company to have to do biz with us. Both sides want to max out what they can reap from the other, unfortunately we arent holding the best cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.