Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Kat007
They never shut down accounts just for having multiple accounts.
Um, yeah they do lol. Item 8 of the Honors T&Cs says that "Members must not maintain membership in or earn Points on multiple accounts." Opening multiple accounts in a single name is like the most basic form of low-grade fraud out there.

If you opened a new Hilton AMEX and had nothing to hide, why didn't you just give them your existing Honors account number? There's a really clear field for it.

That being said, I'll back off a little now because I do think this is pretty interesting to some extent, with the timing and the supposed whistleblower/snitch or whatnot. And it's not like it's impossible to find out someone's real info from FT - especially if the OP has ever contacted the ambassador, or used their email in communication with one of the bloggers about the aforementioned articles. I'll be curious to see how it works out.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
March 12: Started the thread about Hilton`s Silent Devaluation
March 14: Some male called Hilton about my account and complains about Points & Money program (got that info on March 21 from a supervisor)
March 16: My Diamond account (73 nights in 2017 only) was shut down by Hilton Fraud Department with a bogus reason. 160K earned points were stolen by Hilton.

Hilton, how low can you go? Who taught you communists practice? You are making more damage to your stakeholders by what you did to me and to all who are aware of what you did with Silent Devaluation.
Wait... what?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I'm thinking there was a bit of ranting and raving during the conversations. Fortunately HH has the right to choose their customers and fire those that they don't get along with. OP has the right to let others know what has happened, but nothing is going to fix the relationship. Time to move on.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
March 14: Some male called Hilton about my account and complains about Points & Money program (got that info on March 21 from a supervisor)
Someone who wasn't you called Hilton and gave them your Hilton account #? Since I imagine Hilton asked them their name did they also identify themselves as you?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Someone who wasn't you called Hilton and gave them your Hilton account #? Since I imagine Hilton asked them their name did they also identify themselves as you?
in other conspiracy theory news, the Illuminati now control lounge access.
sallyerd and Snickerdoodle like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by hfly
Kat. There are many people that have dropped much bigger information bombshells to the attention of this community, programs do not retaliate solely for such information. Are you implying that it was shut down because an anonymous person called Hilton and complained about Kat007 from Flyertalk? Do you know how nonsensical that sounds?
I woke up this morning and was going to call Hilton about Kat007 but I see someone already beat me to it.
Snickerdoodle likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
Kat. There are many people that have dropped much bigger information bombshells to the attention of this community, programs do not retaliate solely for such information. Are you implying that it was shut down because an anonymous person called Hilton and complained about Kat007 from Flyertalk? Do you know how nonsensical that sounds?
I do recall the OP getting trolled pretty badly in the other thread, with a Mod getting involved. Maybe there's a real life stalker involved - ex-partner, etc. who has more details than the rest of us. Of course that wouldn't fit the communist conspiracy theory argument though...
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
March 12: Started the thread about Hilton`s Silent Devaluation
March 16: My Diamond account (73 nights in 2017 only) was shut down by Hilton Fraud Department with a bogus reason. 160K earned points were stolen by Hilton.

Hilton, how low can you go? Who taught you communists practice? You are making more damage to your stakeholders by what you did to me and to all who are aware of what you did with Silent Devaluation.
Starting another thread to attack Hilton, I see. You must be bored this morning.
:D! and Snickerdoodle like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
??? Have you read the program T&Cs?
Nonsense. Companies always write up loopholes so the customer isn't allowed to punish them. The points are mine... I don't care what Hilton has to say about it, because I earned them. When every Hilton Honors customer finds a new chain to be loyal to, that'll sure be a kick in the face for Hilton if they really want to "play that way."

What I can't stand about Flyertalk is that so many people are willing to take a company's side like they're a shareholder or a business partner with them.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:06 am

Hit Twitter
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
What I can't stand about Flyertalk is that so many people are willing to take a company's side like they're a shareholder or a business partner with them.
You are joking, surely!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Who is this male who called and how did he know about your account activity or comments you made? There is more to it then what has been shared on FT. Go get a lawyer, what will posting on FT do?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Nonsense. Companies always write up loopholes so the customer isn't allowed to punish them. The points are mine... I don't care what Hilton has to say about it, because I earned them. When every Hilton Honors customer finds a new chain to be loyal to, that'll sure be a kick in the face for Hilton if they really want to "play that way."

So that’s a ‘no’ then, right?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
If you opened a new Hilton AMEX and had nothing to hide, why didn't you just give them your existing Honors account number? There's a really clear field for it.
If AMEX is anything like US Bank, it wouldn’t surprise me that they’d open a brand new Hilton account when you apply for a card.

I signed up for a SKYPASS Visa from USB last year and they opened a new KE account for me even though I already had one (and listed it on the card application). I merged the accounts (or cancelled the duplicate, I forget) shortly after and have had no issues. I’m sure this type of thing happens all the time, so it seems unlikely to get a shutdown over this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by swingaling

If AMEX is anything like US Bank, it wouldn’t surprise me that they’d open a brand new Hilton account when you apply for a card.

I signed up for a SKYPASS Visa from USB last year and they opened a new KE account for me even though I already had one (and listed it on the card application). I merged the accounts (or cancelled the duplicate, I forget) shortly after and have had no issues. I’m sure this type of thing happens all the time, so it seems unlikely to get a shutdown over this.
They indeed do create a new account if you don't specify your existing account number in the application. You need to contact them to delete the new account and associate the existing one if you want points to go there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.