Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:17 am
Original Poster

March 12: Started the thread about Hilton`s Silent Devaluation
March 14: Some male called Hilton about my account and complains about Points & Money program (got that info on March 21 from a supervisor)
March 16: My Diamond account (73 nights in 2017 only) was shut down by Hilton Fraud Department with a bogus reason. 160K earned points were stolen by Hilton.

Hilton, how low can you go? Who taught you communists practice? You are making more damage to your stakeholders by what you did to me and to all who are aware of what you did with Silent Devaluation.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I suspect there’s more to this story. Let’s start with this ‘bogus reason.’
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Wait, you’re saying Hilton closed your Diamond account solely because you started a thread on FlyerTalk? Seriously? C’mon, get real.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:37 am
Suspended

And just so we are clear, the points Hilton ‘stole’ were never yours to begin with!

Last edited by LondonElite; Mar 25, 2018 at 1:42 am
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I suspect there’s more to this story. Let’s start with this ‘bogus reason.’
Sure. They said it was "multiple accounts". AmEx opened me a new one in January when I applied for a new Hilton card. They never shut down accounts just for having multiple accounts.
When I replied them and said: sure, consolidate them, they said sorry, no.
When I got info on March 21 that a male called Hilton and complained on me that "I complained about the negative change" (that is the exact words I got from the supervisor), I faced Fraud Department with that info. They just ignored me and never responded.

Hard to believe this is happening in the free world.

Originally Posted by Finkface
Wait, you’re saying Hilton closed your Diamond account solely because you started a thread on FlyerTalk? Seriously? C’mon, get real.
Unbelievable, but the facts and the timeline speaks for itself. As a Diamond yourself, I wouldn`t be that amused.

And just so we are clear, the points Hilton ‘stole’ were never yours to begin with!
Are they yours? I earned them for paid nights and credit card spent - they are not getting for nothing.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 25, 2018 at 9:57 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:47 am
Suspended

I think you are perhaps a bit paranoid. And what is this business about communism and free world? It’s Hilton’s program!

Originally Posted by Kat007
Are they yours? I earned them for paid nights and credit card spent - they are not getting for nothing.
??? Have you read the program T&Cs?
swingaling likes this.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 25, 2018 at 9:59 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:53 am
Original Poster

I think you are perhaps a bit paranoid. And what is this business about communism and free world? It’s Hilton’s program!
I am not paranoid. I wasn`t 100% sure at first, as it was very bizarre, but when I had that conversation on March 21, it became clear: they shut me down for speaking out about their sneaky silent devaluation. It started in January, yet nobody brought those news to the public. Now pretty much all bloggers wrote about this unfortunate devaluation. Hilton didn`t want it be announced.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:57 am

You don't have a right to a Hilton account, and they can cancel it at any time for pretty much any reason especially if they found you broke their rules in the process.

Deal with it.
LondonElite likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theddo
You don't have a right to a Hilton account, and they can cancel it at any time for pretty much any reason especially if they found you broke their rules in the process.

Deal with it.
Their rule is "be quiet, don`t point on wrongdoing and what they are trying to hide". I don`t have Hilton account now, now you deal with their rules. Seriously, do you think they won`t do it to you after you say something negative about them?

Banks and other institutions in the US were able to get away with crime (stated on their T&C, too!) for many, many decades. Thankfully, many industries are closely monitored now, after those issues were brought to Consumer Protection. Those points programs are not regulated, that`s why Hilton didn`t bother to announce the new silent devaluation.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
What exactly about the username @Kat007 gives enough information for a random troll reading FT to call Hilton Honors to complain about a specific person and their exact Hilton Honors account number?

Many bloggers have written about this devaluation - starting well before the current FT thread - and any number of bad things or "travel hacks" about Hilton Honors (such as Gold fast tracks supposedly open to a select few). Yet no account closures, perhaps because we don't have multiple accounts or other broken rules?

Hilton Honors is not perfect - witness the account closures for using the "pool points" feature - but there is more to this story...
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
What exactly about the username @Kat007 gives enough information for a random troll reading FT to call Hilton Honors to complain about a specific person and their exact Hilton Honors account number?

Many bloggers have written about this devaluation - starting well before the current FT thread - and any number of bad things or "travel hacks" about Hilton Honors (such as Gold fast tracks supposedly open to a select few). Yet no account closures, perhaps because we don't have multiple accounts or other broken rules?

Hilton Honors is not perfect - witness the account closures for using the "pool points" feature - but there is more to this story...
I was the first one who brought this to such masses with such an announcement. There is a small blog site I found, which posted "Thank you for killing sweet spots, Hilton" in January, the rest bloggers started to post (even referring to me - Gary L, for example, then Doc referred Gary, and so...I also emailed another large travel blogger on March 13, who wrote a detailed damage afterwards) after my thread here. I started the thread on March 12, they picked up the noise starting from March 14. So check the dates, you must have been thinking about another devaluation Hilton just had a few months ago.

Last edited by Kat007; Mar 25, 2018 at 2:45 am
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I was the first one who brought this to such masses with such an announcement. There is a small blog site I found, which posted "Thank you for killing sweet spots, Hilton" in January, the rest bloggers started to post (even referring to me - Gary L, for example, then Doc referred Gary, and so...I also emailed another large travel blogger on March 13, who wrote a detailed damage afterwards) after my thread here. I started the thread on March 12, they picked up the noise starting from March 14. So check the dates, you must have been thinking about another devaluation Hilton just had a few months ago.
I would suggest stop watching Fox News.
BearX220, bbbb, lcohen999 and 10 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kat. There are many people that have dropped much bigger information bombshells to the attention of this community, programs do not retaliate solely for such information. Are you implying that it was shut down because an anonymous person called Hilton and complained about Kat007 from Flyertalk? Do you know how nonsensical that sounds?
BearX220, chrism20, bse118 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bloggers have been pointing out the devaluations since they first started occurring in 2017. There is nothing particularly special about the latest batch, other than people find it easier to notice changes to the old 5K points per night hotels... Why would this one cost you your account, when previous devaluations didn't affect anybody?

But, frankly, now it appears like you are grandstanding. Ooh, look at me, I started an FT thread and got a HT from Gary Leff... FWIW, your 160K Honors points are worth $800. I'm sure you can earn more than that by selling your story to Fox News and the National Enquirer.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hfly
Kat. There are many people that have dropped much bigger information bombshells to the attention of this community, programs do not retaliate solely for such information. Are you implying that it was shut down because an anonymous person called Hilton and complained about Kat007 from Flyertalk? Do you know how nonsensical that sounds?
It is an anonymous MALE person.
Not sure why that part is even remotely revelent in this, but the OP pointed it out several times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.