Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Full details

FAQ

Yes, Points + Points and Points + Miles earnings are going away, it's replaced with status-based bonuses. Base and silver member earnings winds up worse off. Gold earning wind up a teeny tiny better off. Diamond earning remains unchanged.

Only nights roll over to help with qualification in the following year, not stays or points.
Print Wikipost

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kat007
Hilton silently devaluing its program again- pretty much all 5K properties are gone now, and many 10K doubled. Hilton lies about improving its program.
You started an entire thread about this. On a witch hunt?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
You started an entire thread about this. On a witch hunt?
Hilton Rep ignores that thread despite members asked to explain why there is another and silent devaluation.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
IHG people went through this a while back. My thoughts were at the time, and in this case as well, that some properties that have been undervalued are being brought up to market rates.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
IHG people went through this a while back. My thoughts were at the time, and in this case as well, that some properties that have been undervalued are being brought up to market rates.
Are you suggesting that people on FT are sneaky enough to use... ARBITRAGE?!?!?! TO THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE?!?!?!?! AND THE HOTEL OPERATORS AND LOYALTY PROGRAMS FIGURE THAT OUT?!?!?!

Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:20 am

Hilton Rep ignores that thread despite members asked to explain why there is another and silent devaluation.
Lauren stated last year that Hilton would not be providing a running commentary on award night changes in the future.

When she she has already made the Hilton position clear what exactly do you wish her to add?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:26 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Hilton silently devaluing its program again- pretty much all 5K properties are gone now, and many 10K doubled. Hilton lies about improving its program.
I think Hilton should get rid of these 5000 / 10000 point properties and customers using them. Win/win situation for the rest of us.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by TTL
I think Hilton should get rid of these 5000 / 10000 point properties and customers using them. Win/win situation for the rest of us.
Don`t cry when next year you will be charged triple or quadruple more points - well, Columbus property already jumped from 5K to 27-30K just this year. Good luck.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by chrism20

Lauren stated last year that Hilton would not be providing a running commentary on award night changes in the future.

When she she has already made the Hilton position clear what exactly do you wish her to add?
Misleading "more new benefits in 2018" became "devalued once again in 2018" without any commentary. You are right, there is nothing to comment - we got it. Delta of the hotels -as somebody named Hilton loyalty program - cannot agree more.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Misleading "more new benefits in 2018" became "devalued once again in 2018" without any commentary. You are right, there is nothing to comment - we got it. Delta of the hotels -as somebody named Hilton loyalty program - cannot agree more.
With all due respect Kat007, you have made the same point numerous times. Ad nauseam repetition does not add to its effect. We all have to make the decision at some point that if a program does not suit us we should move somewhere else.
hugolover and birdiedouble like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:57 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
New Benefits Launch April 2

Hi all,

As you know, in January we announced exciting new benefits for 2018, including increased Elite Tier Bonuses, Milestone Bonuses, Elite Rollover Nights, and Elite Status Gifting. Wanted to give a head’s up to our members on FlyerTalk and share that the new perks will officially be launching next week on April 2.

For members who currently have “Points & Miles” set as their earning style option, you will be receiving an email with more information on how you can convert your Hilton Honors Points into Miles. While you won’t be able to earn Miles on your stays starting April 2, you’ll still have the option to transfer to more than 40 airline partners. Details can also be found here.

In addition, we’ll need to make some changes to the Terms & Conditions. Those updates will go into effect later this week. The majority of changes will be a direct result of the new benefits and updates to the earning style options. See list below for what you’ll expect to see:

New Sections
  • Accrual of Milestone Bonuses
  • Elite Rollover Nights
  • Elite Status Gifting

Updated/Removed Sections
  • Double Dip Earning Style Options Removed
  • Airline Mileage Programs Removed
  • Event Planner & Event Bonus Program Updated
  • Non-Residential Tourism Fee Updated
    • Hilton Honors not responsible for incurring this fee on award stays (includes Non-Residential Tourism Fee in Malaysia)
  • Gaming Chip Reward Certificates Removed
  • Elite Tier Bonus Points Updated
    • Silver – from 15% to 20%
    • Gold – from 25% to 80%
    • Diamond – from 50% to 100%

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback.

Thank you!
Lauren
chrism20 and bcosinteno like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone actually received a milestone bonus yet?

I was at 41 nights when the changes went live, but no bonus posted yet. The new tracker in the app shows the milestone as complete.

Tried emailing the diamond desk, who unhelpfully replied to say the milestone bonuses only start at 50 nights. I have sent them the quote from their own website that says otherwise, so will see how many more nonsense replies it takes.

No particular rush for the points, just amused they manage to get this wrong at launch!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite oddly 31 March to 1st April posted without the 50% bonus for Points and Points, so I got only 50% Diamond bonus than previous 100% for those who chose points and points. Will have to get it fixed.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ao40
Has anyone actually received a milestone bonus yet?

I was at 41 nights when the changes went live, but no bonus posted yet. The new tracker in the app shows the milestone as complete.

Tried emailing the diamond desk, who unhelpfully replied to say the milestone bonuses only start at 50 nights. I have sent them the quote from their own website that says otherwise, so will see how many more nonsense replies it takes.

No particular rush for the points, just amused they manage to get this wrong at launch!
I’m eligible for multiple as I’m on 71 nights but nothing has posted yet.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just to follow up on my previous post in case of interest to others - after 3 wrong replies from the Diamond desk, finally got a sensible answer that they expect the milestone bonuses to post next week (after April 9th).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Is anyone still waiting for their status to be downgraded following the end of March? 6 days into April now and I am still Diamond. Not complaining though, but wondering how hard I need to try to get my stays back up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.