Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
By OP's own admission, she did not simply forward "constructive criticism" to HH, she posted photos and comments on social media.

That is not constructive, it is brand-damaging and thus destructive. Only sane thing to do is to fire people who cost you money.
DutchessPDX likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:41 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
As you said you have also done this for SPG and Marriott, don't be surprised when they also fire you as a customer, I would.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:56 pm

Going against the majority view here: Have been a Diamond member for several consecutive years, have lodged several complaints but never a 'photo complaint'. But I am a few years older than the current selfie generation and can quite understand that while I would not file a photo complaint and post it on social media (heck, I don't even have a FaceBook account), this might be the standard way of communicating for a different generation.

But does it entitle Hilton to close an account unilaterally (probably yes) and then confiscate points that they have sold the customer and awarded to the customer? IMO, a most emphatic NO. Close the account if you like, but only after you have compensated the client for all the existing points in the account.

MOO
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:51 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I understand how this could be a contentious thread

I understand how this could be a contentious thread- please confine your comments to opinions about the situation, not on the personality or morality of the poster. I know it's a fine line, and I just deleted a couple of comments that I think went beyond the bounds of opinion.

Thanks

Squeakr
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Going against the majority view here: Have been a Diamond member for several consecutive years, have lodged several complaints but never a 'photo complaint'. But I am a few years older than the current selfie generation and can quite understand that while I would not file a photo complaint and post it on social media (heck, I don't even have a FaceBook account), this might be the standard way of communicating for a different generation.

But does it entitle Hilton to close an account unilaterally (probably yes) and then confiscate points that they have sold the customer and awarded to the customer? IMO, a most emphatic NO. Close the account if you like, but only after you have compensated the client for all the existing points in the account.

MOO
Although this is a pretty reasonable point to look at as well, we have to understand Senior management comes from specifically elder generation. The fact that generations think this is a standard way of modern communication does not mean they can exercise their rights without considering the consequences. When OP doesn't spend a single dime at a hotel but uses points to manipulate hotel stays, you don't really need pattern recognition software to really see what's going on. Now if you are business/leisure traveler, then that is a different story. Another point I'd like to make is that there are competition spies who are doing exactly that to reveal the dark sides of their competitions such that they can gain more competitive advantage. I am not saying OP is definitely in the wrong, but as a company, would you like to see the pictures of scratches on the wall, dirty bath tub, broken corner on the office desk in every single post without an opportunity to address the customers' feedback in the customer care form?

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/customersupport/index.jhtml

It is one thing that the company doesn't provide a proper protocol to receive feedback, but it is another thing that customers provide the feedback in the social media or blogs to draw attention and traffic for maybe advertisement profits and such. Prime example? Lucky at One Mile at a Time and he's basically banned by UA for doing exactly what OP and her boyfriend are doing.

When I have a problem with the hotel, I try to speak to the hotel manager before I leave at the checkout, or write a message to the manager after the checkout. You are giving the hotel an opportunity to address the issue before I take it to the customer care at the corporate. I have quite a few complaints from different properties at Marriott/SPG, but at no time I am receiving bad response or ignorant response from them.

When people want attention or response, you need to give some patience. Always putting everything to social media is the fastest way to get what you want, but not the friendliest way to get what you want.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Sep 19, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
By OP's own admission, she did not simply forward "constructive criticism" to HH, she posted photos and comments on social media.

That is not constructive, it is brand-damaging and thus destructive. Only sane thing to do is to fire people who cost you money.
firing a customer is not a problem, selling points to a customer and then closing account is...
janehoya and hi55us like this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
When people want attention or response, you need to give some patience. Always putting everything to social media is the fastest way to get what you want, but not the friendliest way to get what you want.
Agreed. I have had a few customer service issues with Hilton over the past few years, I mean it's inevitable with dozens of nights per year, but I always try to handle them with the property first and invoke Hilton Corporate only if the property can't/won't remedy the issue and always do it privately. I'm 100% for getting what I deem a desired outcome.

I had an issue last month with a stay in Denver, mentioned it upon checkout, and the rep was like "what can I do to make it up?" I threw out a number of points and she responded, "sure, sounds good, they'll post within a few days" The most contentious issue I've had with Hilton was when they (they meaning Corporate) agreed to refund 1 night of an awful stay and I never received the check. The diamond desk pretended I didn't exist despite my multiple emails and there was no action until I threatened to cancel upcoming stays and amazingly a check was issued dated the same day I sent the email saying I'd cancel stays.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Don't dump on China. If this happened to a US customer who purchased the points in the US, the result would be the same.
In the US Hilton could fire the customer, but they had to pay compensation for the points, which were acquired legally. There is the right of property.

And every company is free to write in its general terms and condition what it likes. But every judge is and will be free to ignore the t&c, if they are unfair.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
sounds like you might be on Hilton's hit list next 😂

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Agreed. I have had a few customer service issues with Hilton over the past few years, I mean it's inevitable with dozens of nights per year, but I always try to handle them with the property first and invoke Hilton Corporate only if the property can't/won't remedy the issue and always do it privately. I'm 100% for getting what I deem a desired outcome.

I had an issue last month with a stay in Denver, mentioned it upon checkout, and the rep was like "what can I do to make it up?" I threw out a number of points and she responded, "sure, sounds good, they'll post within a few days" The most contentious issue I've had with Hilton was when they (they meaning Corporate) agreed to refund 1 night of an awful stay and I never received the check. The diamond desk pretended I didn't exist despite my multiple emails and there was no action until I threatened to cancel upcoming stays and amazingly a check was issued dated the same day I sent the email saying I'd cancel stays.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Srisarin
sounds like you might be on Hilton's hit list next ��
If you raise a genuine issue with Hilton politely and privately, IME you will get a reasonable response.

I've had two issues in the last five years. I had a London property renege on accepting a free-night cert earned via the HHonors Reserve Visa; a manager rang me up at Heathrow as I was leaving the country to say she had decided to charge my card on file instead. One call to the Diamond line put a stop to that.

Just last month, I answered a post-hoc survey about an HI stay in a picturesque setting, expressing disappointment that we were given what was indubitably the worst room in the house -- first floor, overlooking SUV bumpers -- despite my Diamond-ness. I didn't ask for anything but shortly got an HI BMG cert in the mail.

Complaints are for private discussion, not building public equity. Customers like the OP who make a career of complaining -- and abusing 100% satisfaction guarantees -- are asking to be fired.
rtool and janehoya like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
Sure no. Over 80% rooms we lived together and the rest lived by my boyfriend alone. As said, we are working in Inno-tech industry, we welcome comment to enhance our products and also love to give comment (so call complaint). Seems Hilton slogans align with us and thus we lived over 40 stays in 5 months. We try out our best to give comments (also with compliment, and attached photos for defects). All the points which so-call compensation, I never used. It is total 260K points at most 80K is compensation included the one about "nudely-sleep".

We love to take photo for every stay when checkin hotel. All our stays are posted to Facebook and sent link (link can't attached here as new join) to Hilton hhonor, hhfraudprotection, and even CEO, but no reply or helpless reply (just hhfraudprotection can answer but they just replied 1 email with "violated T&C" without detail) over 30+ days. What we did only transfer/pool points from my boyfriend to me.
It's obvious English isn't OP's native language, and what was intended as "polite" "compliments" could have very likely been perceived otherwise.
Hilton seems racial discrimination, as all Chinese are point-trade. I can't search any same situation from Google but over hundreds complaints about closed by pool in Chinese flyer forums.
I must have missed the memo I'm required to point-trade because of my ancestry. Even if that is a community-wide practice, does that make it right?

IMO, the Hilton group should seek monetary damages against OP for fraud. Being in inno-tech, OP should also be aware that "misuse of computers" is punishable by imprisonment in HK.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
While Hilton may or may not be justified in tqking away earned or compensation points, do people really feel they are entitled to take purchaed points away?

To me that is like cancelling a prepaid reservation and keeping the monet.
Exactly. It is the main point. They can recall all the compensation points and even cancel my membership but cannot rob our money. That's why we need to seek for support from consumer council in US
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by azepine00
firing a customer is not a problem, selling points to a customer and then closing account is...
+1 I can't tell from the OP's post exactly what they did or did not do. Regardless, Hilton (any loyalty program in general), has the right to fire the customer at their sole discretion (check the T's&C's for the specific program and I be amazed if you can find an example of one that didn't have that kind of clause in it).

Hilton should have also refunded any purchased points at the time they closed they account unless there was something fraudulent in how they were purchased. I am not implying that there was anything fraudulent in how the OP purchased points. It is just the only legitimate reason I can see for Hilton not to refund the cost for them. Hilton doing so would allow them to complete the firing of the customer cleanly and eliminate the potential for ongoing damage to their reputation from them in the future.

Bottom line, OP you have been fired as many others have already stated regardless of what you did or did not do. I recommend politely and via standard, non-public channels that you request a refund from Hilton for the points you recently purchased. Other than that, it is time to look for a new hotel chain and/or other accommodations for your future travel. Good luck!

--Jon
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
That's why we need to seek for support from consumer council in US
There is no "consumer council" in the US. If you were based in the US and really wanted to pursue this you'd likely have to go to small claims court.

Neil
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thbe
In the US Hilton could fire the customer, but they had to pay compensation for the points, which were acquired legally. There is the right of property.

And every company is free to write in its general terms and condition what it likes. But every judge is and will be free to ignore the t&c, if they are unfair.
yes. It's the point. We also make complaint no matter SPG or Marriott, we posted anywhere like TripAdvisor and facebook hotel page, accept comment and complaint to fight for excellent. It is what a professional management executive eager for. No idea why too many ppl feeling bad about complaint/comment.

Anyway, we just want to get back all our prepaid and bonus points. It is non-reasonable for an international group like Hilton to rob members money.

Originally Posted by Tomphot
As you said you have also done this for SPG and Marriott, don't be surprised when they also fire you as a customer, I would.
​​​​​​
never. being a professional and improve-able hotel management team, they all are happy to get complain. Without complaint, they can touch every corner of the hotel. With complaint, they can avoid more unhappy gained by other VIP guests.

​​​being as a leader of the industry, we eager for complaint much more than compliment. Compliment is just a encouragement but complaint make us more strong and we can have 2.0, 3.0,...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 6, 2017 at 7:26 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.