Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I must be doing something wrong? I did as directed above, clicked on a charge from several days ago that should be 6x (a supermarket), and it just shows the regular dollar amount of the charge? I thought this new way would show something like $40 charge/240 points.
Once in the new version, did you click on the charge?

https://milestomemories.boardingarea...ess-interface/

Again, there seems to be a delay of at least a few business days before points earning info is available on a transaction. Not sure exactly how long.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nall
Once in the new version, did you click on the charge?

https://milestomemories.boardingarea...ess-interface/

Again, there seems to be a delay of at least a few business days before points earning info is available on a transaction. Not sure exactly how long.
I went back to charges in June, and yes, if you click on each one it will show you what your points should be. Click on...every...one. I like getting the bill, going through in 30 seconds writing down 3, 6, 3, 12, 6 and having my husband say "pretty close!". That works for me.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:53 pm

I must be doing something wrong? I did as directed above, clicked on a charge from several days ago that should be 6x (a supermarket), and it just shows the regular dollar amount of the charge? I thought this new way would show something like $40 charge/240 points.
I think it only shows the points for Membership Rewards. At least, that's how it behaves for my accounts.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
I think it only shows the points for Membership Rewards. At least, that's how it behaves for my accounts.
Works for my Hilton cards.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by nall
Works for my Hilton cards.
I checked older transactions just now, and it does show the Hilton points. It seems like transactions newer than two weeks aren’t showing points for me.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: AA (Gold)
Originally Posted by ckiggins
Hit my $15k spend yesterday on my Ascend for the free weekend night. I’m wanting to do a product change on this card...how long does it take to receive the email from Hilton/Amex with the free night promo code? I don’t want to jeopardize getting the code by initiating the product change before the code is generated.
Just FYI as a data point, my certificate arrived by email today (2 days after hitting the $15k spend threshold).

Now another question that I have not been able to find the answer to - in regards to UPGRADES (not new applications/products) - how long does it take for Honors status to be updated to the new level (i.e. to gold for Ascend or Diamond for Aspire)? I've seen it's updated in just a day or two for new applications but haven't seen anything for upgrades.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:48 am
pjs

Just as an update, I called last week when I hadn't received my Aspire free night certificate 8 weeks after signing up for the card. Following the call, about one day later, I got the email indicating that my certificate was on the way. Today I received the free night certificate and called to update my upcoming Conrad Koh Samui stay with the certificate. So make sure you call as soon as you hit 8 weeks and you should get the wheels greased if you are waiting for your free night.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by pjs
Just as an update, I called last week when I hadn't received my Aspire free night certificate 8 weeks after signing up for the card. Following the call, about one day later, I got the email indicating that my certificate was on the way. Today I received the free night certificate and called to update my upcoming Conrad Koh Samui stay with the certificate. So make sure you call as soon as you hit 8 weeks and you should get the wheels greased if you are waiting for your free night.
Today marks week 10 after I was approved for the Aspire. I did get an e-mail this morning that says: “You will receive an email from Hilton Honors containing the reward number and booking instructions within the next 8-14 weeks. Please confirm the correct email address is included in your Hilton Honors profile.”

If I had an immediate need for it, I’d call, but I can wait a week or two.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:29 pm

Just applied and got approved for the Aspire card today. Have to book a stay at Conrad Tokyo in November. Would it be possible to book it with credit card first and wait for the free night certificate to come? Would they be able to help me convert my paid room to free cert?

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seraphkz
Just applied and got approved for the Aspire card today. Have to book a stay at Conrad Tokyo in November. Would it be possible to book it with credit card first and wait for the free night certificate to come? Would they be able to help me convert my paid room to free cert?

Thanks!
If you need the room, book a refundable rate now. You can't convert a paid room to a free night room or a points room. Wait for the certificate, book it, and cancel the paid reservation..
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:34 am
pjs

Originally Posted by seraphkz

Thanks!
Make sure its a weekend night and make sure a standard room is available on points. If you have the points, go ahead and reserve it that way so you will be able to switch easily when the cert comes in.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:48 am

I have a very specific question about the $15,000 spend free weekend night certificate with the Ascend card.

What "exactly" is a standard room?

For example, if you go by "Standard Room Rewards" on a points basis, the same hotel can be asking 40,000 pts for a Queen Room, a King Room, or a room with Two Doubles. When you redeem your free weekend night certificate, do you get to choose which of those you want?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....For example, if you go by "Standard Room Rewards" on a points basis, the same hotel can be asking 40,000 pts for a Queen Room, a King Room, or a room with Two Doubles. When you redeem your free weekend night certificate, do you get to choose which of those you want?
Yes, provided that all room types are available using Standard Room Rewards.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, provided that all room types are available using Standard Room Rewards.
Not sure what you mean - so in the case of the 3 types above, if only 2 are available I can't use my certificate for one of the remaining 2?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure what you mean - so in the case of the 3 types above, if only 2 are available I can't use my certificate for one of the remaining 2?
If only 2 room types are available, then you get to choose from those 2 room types.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.