Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many Diamond members are there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen***, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Seriously, does anyone know?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:32 am

Search is wonderful thing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...d-members.html
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
There are 2.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hi55us
There are 2.
...million... most of whom are in the same lounge as me eating all of the food.
lincolnjkc and wizla like this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
The answer is 42.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Here!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I am Spartacus
Lctkw and Seabilly like this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Too many.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:46 pm

Can I also have the numbers by credit card status, actual stayers, HVC, country etc...
Only Hilton (Corporate) will have the figures but I doubt they will share.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen***, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe

Those links seem to be inactive or out of date.

Where do I search?
jacobguo likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jcmetrokraft
Those links seem to be inactive or out of date.

Where do I search?
You can search this very forum using some different search terms.

Or you could just contact hilton directly

This may be a start: http://hhonorsglobalmediacenter.com/index.cfm/page/9001
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
My guess is around 60,000 Diamond members.

Completely anecdotal and based on nothing...

60 Million HHonors members apparently of late...likely 12 Million that are active (points activity in last year, using 20% principal), likely 6 Million that are staying twice in the last year (a Hilton definition of Diamond active accounts from the past instead of the points activity, a simple 50% of the active base gut feeling)...and therefore assuming the same roughly 1% top tier is desired...60k members at Diamond level.

Plenty of matched diamonds or 8 stay diamonds that then only used it to get benefits on an aspirational property for a week or two the following year so I have no issue with believing that there are plenty of members that are not active at diamond level but are diamonds...

In a quick search for further info (it's a slow day at work)...I came across a nugget that interested me...HHonor members accounted for over 50% of all room nights globally at Hilton group hotels in 2016.

60M and 50% room nights taken from this Hilton brochure:

http://hiltonworldwide.com/assets/pd...t_brochure.pdf

Caveat Emptor as always!
jcmetrokraft likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB

In a quick search for further info (it's a slow day at work)...I came across a nugget that interested me...HHonor members accounted for over 50% of all room nights globally at Hilton group hotels in 2016.

60M and 50% room nights taken from this Hilton brochure:

http://hiltonworldwide.com/assets/pd...t_brochure.pdf

Caveat Emptor as always!
The 50% of room nights being HHonors members doesn't surprise me that much in that its so easy to sign up (you can even do it when checking in) and I believe you at least get two waters for signing up (at least that was the case for a co-worker who did so several years ago when checking into a HGI). Consumers are now more than every used to be cajoled into signing up for things for discounts, points et al (heck even a simple trip to the grocery store now requires a loyalty number to get any of the sales prices) and unlike some chains that a non frequent traveler might never end up staying again, Hilton has a pretty widespread footprint so Ma & Pa Kettle probably are HHonors members
jcmetrokraft likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Let me engage in a little math. Let's say there are 100 people staying in hotels. Let's say 99 of them only stay in a hotel once or maybe twice a year. Now let's say there is one person in the group who stays in hotels 100 times a year. We'll call him Mr. Diamond.

Only 1% of the hotel's customers are diamonds, but the hotel may see 100 stays from the one Mr. Diamond customer and maybe only 99 stays total (once each) from the 99 others.

Therefore, half the customers come from places like Expedia, the other half are members and very few are diamond members, but if you work at the front desk, you actually see diamonds, or at least golds, all the time. It isn't that special.
jcmetrokraft likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:35 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Let me engage in a little math. Let's say there are 100 people staying in hotels. Let's say 99 of them only stay in a hotel once or maybe twice a year. Now let's say there is one person in the group who stays in hotels 100 times a year. We'll call him Mr. Diamond.

Only 1% of the hotel's customers are diamonds, but the hotel may see 100 stays from the one Mr. Diamond customer and maybe only 99 stays total (once each) from the 99 others.

Therefore, half the customers come from places like Expedia, the other half are members and very few are diamond members, but if you work at the front desk, you actually see diamonds, or at least golds, all the time. It isn't that special.
Indeed, my point exactly (although poorly expressed apparently...only 50% of all room nights are HHonors...so a lot of people are not a member (whether a one time sign up at the desk or otherwise) of HHonors...that surprised me. Appreciate my post did not indicate the direction of my surprise. 60M members and only 50% of stays...interesting.
jcmetrokraft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.