Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, UA Gold, HH Diamond
error while pooling points

Hey!

I want to pool HHonors points with my girlfriend, 1st step works fine and she received the mail with the "pool your points" button. but then there is always the error message:

looks like a problem with the powered by points plugin: same error on the buy/gift/transfer points section. tried multiple browser and devices.

someone has a clue on that?

Last edited by vincent_; Mar 1, 2022 at 1:29 pm Reason: insert screenshot
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:13 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I get this problem intermittently. Try temporarily removing all privacy features of your browser, use a fresh browser install, or try a different browser, device or IP address.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, UA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vincent_
Hey!

I want to pool HHonors points with my girlfriend, 1st step works fine and she received the mail with the "pool your points" button. but then there is always the error message:

looks like a problem with the powered by points plugin: same error on the buy/gift/transfer points section. tried multiple browser and devices.

someone has a clue on that?
@Hilton Honors Ambassador maybe you can help? Diamond Desk isn't a big help so far. pooling points is needed for a trip end of the month... :/
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:14 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by vincent_
@Hilton Honors Ambassador maybe you can help? Diamond Desk isn't a big help so far. pooling points is needed for a trip end of the month... :/
Perhaps if I had the full names and Honors account numbers for both parties. But first, do both of you qualify regarding this tenet:

"A new Hilton Honors Member can pool, transfer, or receive Points 30 days after enrollment providing they have activity on their account. After 90 days of enrollment, a new Member is eligible to pool, transfer, or receive Points regardless of their account activity."

If so, feel free to send me the account numbers via Private Mail here at FlyerTalk.

Best regards,

William
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:39 am

Anyone else not able to transfer or pool points between accounts currently?

I just wondered if anyone else was being frustrated today by the following error message when either trying to Pool or Transfer HH points between (longstanding) Hilton accounts? I have not exceeded my annual thresholds for transfers/pooling, just to say; indeed, the error message kicks in before I even get to selecting the amount of points to transfer.

(I did just call Hilton, too, but was told that no agent can ever intervene in this type of situation; that this can only be resolved online; and that perhaps it was down to some maintenance issue.)

Any pointers much appreciated!
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
Perhaps if I had the full names and Honors account numbers for both parties. But first, do both of you qualify regarding this tenet:

"A new Hilton Honors Member can pool, transfer, or receive Points 30 days after enrollment providing they have activity on their account. After 90 days of enrollment, a new Member is eligible to pool, transfer, or receive Points regardless of their account activity."

If so, feel free to send me the account numbers via Private Mail here at FlyerTalk.

Best regards,

William
Hi William,

I keep getting an error message saying that you are not accepting PMs at the moment.

As such, would you be prepared to PM me with regard to my post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34169774-post95.html ? No matter what I do in terms of wishing to pool HH points with a friend, I just keep getting the error message We're sorry. Something went wrong. And, to date, the HH Diamond desk haven't been able to help. Can you please?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Scoob72
I just wondered if anyone else was being frustrated today by the following error message when either trying to Pool or Transfer HH points between (longstanding) Hilton accounts?
I had this issue the last time I wanted to transfer points between accounts and it was resolved by refreshing the page or changing the browser.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I had this issue the last time I wanted to transfer points between accounts and it was resolved by refreshing the page or changing the browser.
Sadly, not for me. Have tried refreshing a gazillion times on three separate browsers (Chrome/Edge/Firefox), still no joy. Switched to a Mac even, but still an error message, frustratingly.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:35 am

Hi William,

I keep getting an error message saying that you are not accepting PMs at the moment.

As such, would you be prepared to PM me with regard to my post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34169774-post95.html ? No matter what I do in terms of wishing to pool HH points with a friend, I just keep getting the error message We're sorry. Something went wrong. And, to date, the HH Diamond desk haven't been able to help. Can you please?

Many thanks in advance!
My apologies, but I turn off Private Mail when I am OOO for three or more days. However, I'm not going to be able to help with this issue. There's more information in this post I made 10 days ago. I'm still waiting to hear if a fix has been identified. Apparently, it is not a problem for every account, which makes it a bit harder to triage.

Best regards,

William
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Andriyko - Amidst the horrors that are happening around you presently in Ukraine, really humbled that you're still posting here to offer your guidance. Bless you, and your family.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:43 am

My apologies, but I turn off Private Mail when I am OOO for three or more days. However, I'm not going to be able to help with this issue. There's more information in this post I made 10 days ago. I'm still waiting to hear if a fix has been identified. Apparently, it is not a problem for every account, which makes it a bit harder to triage.

Best regards,

William
Many thanks for the reply, William.

I guess, currently, that this is a known issue (per your post); not for every account, as you say, but for many accounts nevertheless.

If you hear of any progress with this, William, would you be kind enough to post any updates within this thread?

All the best and many thanks once again
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:40 am

Many thanks for the reply, William.

I guess, currently, that this is a known issue (per your post); not for every account, as you say, but for many accounts nevertheless.

If you hear of any progress with this, William, would you be kind enough to post any updates within this thread?

All the best and many thanks once again
Sure. Why not? Although sometimes the fix arrives and everyone notices before I can.

Best regards,

William
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:58 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

As least to me - who was one of those affected by this issue - it is working again
Old May 3, 2022, 6:58 am

Just received a message this morning that these issues were fixed by Points.com.

Best regards,

William
Old May 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just received a message this morning that these issues were fixed by Points.com.

Best regards,

William
Hi William,

I tried multiple times to transfer points from my wife's account to my account, but nothing happened.

Grateful to have your assistance on this.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.