Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Still no points. Could someone pls post the Diamond Desk email address ...
I spoke with my former clients at The Diamond Desk last night. The reps know that members are frequently not able to see the new free point transfers in 'points activity'. (This is very similar to a bug which has been affecting points for stays since November.) The transfer will, however, show up on the screens of Honors reps and it will also register in your points total. For the time being it would be a good idea to note your point total before the transfer and again after. It's not fool proof as sometimes it takes time for point totals to update. Sometimes logging out and back into the app or website will update the total. If those steps don't work, call H Honors or the Diamond Desk.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
I spoke with my former clients at The Diamond Desk last night. The reps know that members are frequently not able to see the new free point transfers in 'points activity'. (This is very similar to a bug which has been affecting points for stays since November.) The transfer will, however, show up on the screens of Honors reps and it will also register in your points total. For the time being it would be a good idea to note your point total before the transfer and again after. It's not fool proof as sometimes it takes time for point totals to update. Sometimes logging out and back into the app or website will update the total. If those steps don't work, call H Honors or the Diamond Desk.
Thanks.

Does that hold true at both ends, though? In my case the account I transfered from (my wife) still shows the points that should be gone. Both in the total and in the drtails (no entry for the transfer).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:27 am

This is apparently how to do it:

Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?

The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Ah! This worked for me. I think I was previously trying under the old transfer option - had to fill in name, Honors number etc. The link in the email skips that whole process and the transfer was completed in minutes.

Originally Posted by Original

The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Original

I redid the previously filed one using the link and then it worked instantly.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Still no points. Could someone pls post the Diamond Desk email address ...
Check your email and/or account: My transfer from 4/26 has now posted to my account. The points are gone from my wife's account, too. Neither of our transaction history pages shows the transfer. I received email notification about the successful transfer.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Took about 3 days. But both my transactions have posted. Now just need to start planning how to spend 4 million points
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Mine took also about 3 days to post.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:49 pm

Now that pooling is available, does anyone know of a signup bonus for new Honors members that doesn't involve a credit card fee or minimum spend?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:28 pm

Son just transferred his orphan points to my account. Took less than a minute for the points to show up in my account.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Transfer worked instantly for me to move all but <1000 of Ms. Portolan's orphan points. Pooling, however, seems to be a problem. I initiated in my account nd invited Ms. Portolan to join me. She got the invitation email and clicked on the link to confirm. It (logically) took her to the Hilton log in page and she did so. It then landed on a page bannered "Transfer" with the massage "Not Found...The page you're looking for could not be found. Please click here to try again." Clicking there just lands on the page with all the point buy/sell/transfer/pool options. No option to confirm pooling.

Nothing I can find in either account that indicates the pooling has been completed.

Only about $3 worth of points in play so not worth any further waste of time, but it would be nice if it worked.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Does transferring/pooling points from an account with an upcoming expiry date to an account with a further away expiry date, extend the lifetime of points, or does the expiry date of the points go with the transfer?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Portolan
Transfer worked instantly for me to move all but <1000 of Ms. Portolan's orphan points. Pooling, however, seems to be a problem. I initiated in my account nd invited Ms. Portolan to join me. She got the invitation email and clicked on the link to confirm. It (logically) took her to the Hilton log in page and she did so. It then landed on a page bannered "Transfer" with the massage "Not Found...The page you're looking for could not be found. Please click here to try again." Clicking there just lands on the page with all the point buy/sell/transfer/pool options. No option to confirm pooling.

Nothing I can find in either account that indicates the pooling has been completed.

Only about $3 worth of points in play so not worth any further waste of time, but it would be nice if it worked.

same thing happened to me, all that we could do was transfer points to each others accounts but no "pooling"
Old May 8, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by dascc
same thing happened to me, all that we could do was transfer points to each others accounts but no "pooling"
Same here. I then tried again AFTER I signed out of both accounts and closed the windows. Clicked link and I got a new Hilton page that says "Sign in to get this exclusive price" I signed into MY acct and it asks how many points I want "transfer", not pool. This is OK. I typed in 1000 points and the process started. It said there would be no fees.

I think things will work for everyone but you have to follow all steps carefully.

Will u/d when transfer is finalized. Points arrived before I could finish post.

Last edited by philemer; May 8, 2017 at 4:14 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Sent 14k from A->B last week and it was instant.

Sent 100k from C->B a few hours ago and still has not shown up.. confirmation emails on both ends received. Anyone experience a lag lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.