Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Pooling" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Sent 14k from A->B last week and it was instant.

Sent 100k from C->B a few hours ago and still has not shown up.. confirmation emails on both ends received. Anyone experience a lag lately?
1 month and counting since my last transfer, tried a repeat 2 weeks ago. Points are still in the donor account.

All past transfers were instant.

I do not trust this feature any more.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
I'm thinking of making an account for my wife to purchase points while we have the current 50% discount.

If I do that and transfer the points to my account, will the expiry date be tracked under my account or will they be tracked under each individual account?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
I;ve just tried to transfer points tonight via pooling. done it before with no problems and is normally instant ut about 3 hours later received an automated email stating the transaction had been cancelled. I suspect this is just another Hilton IT glitch
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
This is still not working. points are not transferring between accounts. anyone else having issues.?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
This is still not working. points are not transferring between accounts. anyone else having issues.?
Transferred 100K+ two days ago, no problems. Instant transfer.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold / QR Gold / Marriott Plat / SPG Plat / HH D / Accor Plat
I've tried to transfer the points many time in past few days but all are not working so far. It's no problem ac couple months before for the same accounts so there must be something wrong on Hilton's IT.

Updated: Just got confirmed by online chat agent as following:

"Our system reflects that there was no points transferred to another account. Our website has been having problems in transferring points. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. In this matter, to transfer points, please contact our 1-800-548-8690 as they may be better able to assist you."

So the IT is down for transferring points at the moment.

Last edited by ufpakurt; Sep 28, 2017 at 4:03 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
What effect does points pooling have on points expiration?

Please don't merge this post into another thread — it's been asked in many threads and never answered.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:30 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by stvr
Please don't merge this post into another thread — it's been asked in many threads and never answered.
Hi stvr,

Thanks for your question. Points Pooling would keep a Hilton Honors account active - whether you're sending Points to another account or you're the main "Pooler" of the Points. Both would instances would keep the accounts active.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Lauren
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi stvr,

Thanks for your question. Points Pooling would keep a Hilton Honors account active - whether you're sending Points to another account or you're the main "Pooler" of the Points. Both would instances would keep the accounts active.
Then the T&C need to be updated, because that is very clearly not one of the enumerated ways to reset the expiry clock.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Dear Hilton Honors Representative,

I mistakenly made two reservations at Conrad Bora Bora. While I intended to make reservation for a year from then, I made reservation for the same day (i.e. I made reservation to stay at the hotel on the day I made the reservation.) The hotel was generous enough to cancel my reservation without penalty and return my points. While I received 80,000 points which were used for 1 night back, I haven't received other 80,000 points. I contacted the hotel as well as Hilton Honors few times but they all told me that my points were returned when they are not. They will know it is not if they care enough to review my activity thoroughly but obviously they do not do that. I am tired about explaining same thing over and over again to the point I can give up the points. But I don't want them to think that all points have been returned. Could you please do some thorough examination of my account and handle this issue.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Thank you very much
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:58 pm

Pooling? Is it still available?

So today I talked on the phone to Hilton customer service, specifically the internet team. Because I had an issue with the website. I just started a Hilton Honors account and he welcomed me to Hilton, then gave a bunch of useful information about current promos and points & points (I forget if thats what it is called)... But then he said he doesn't think pooling is available anymore. This was after I asked if I can use my Hilton Honors on my husbands reservation.

Is pooling available? Can you give me a step by step on how to set it up if it is?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I think you are referring to a Mutual Account. If so, the below from T&C says Mutual Accounts have not been allowed for about 13 years. If you had a mutual account before that, it is still honored.

Hilton Honors Mutual Fund

1.Effective April 1, 2004, new Hilton Honors Mutual Fund accounts are no longer available. Members who have a Mutual Fund account as of March 31, 2004 will continue to receive Mutual Fund benefits.

2.Hilton Honors Mutual Fund benefits are designed to allow legally married couples to combine their Point earnings toward Rewards, and/or to combine their stay/Point earnings toward special promotion qualifications or Elite qualification. The Hilton Honors Mutual Fund is not designed to award duplicate bonuses and/or Rewards.

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/t...rs_mutual_fund
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:58 pm

OK what is pooling then?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Can't earn points with pooling, just use them

See this site and the below

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/04/hilton-points-pooling/

B]Points Pooling FAQs [/B]
1.What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.
2.Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.
3.How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.
4.Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.
5.How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.
6.Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.
7.Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.
8.What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.
9.Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.
10.When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11.When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account
12.Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.
13.Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.
14.What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).
15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.

Last edited by milesmilesmiles; Oct 20, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:01 am

Question Transfer points but fail.

I want to transfer points to my friend, but always fail. Is your point pool still in normal running?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.