Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:07 am

Has anyone gotten upgraded to a king suite from the premium view rooms?

Reading reports of Diamonds relatively reliably getting 3 category upgrades from Deluxe>Premium View> Exec> Exec Corner. I'm quite sure a 3 category upgrade from Premium View would be the King Suite. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:25 am

Almost never will they do that. They are very minimal in diamond treatment above the basics (for Asia). So even booking the room below suite won’t generally get you one.

Originally Posted by alany611

Reading reports of Diamonds relatively reliably getting 3 category upgrades from Deluxe>Premium View> Exec> Exec Corner. I'm quite sure a 3 category upgrade from Premium View would be the King Suite. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Cynicor; Oct 8, 2022 at 2:30 am
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by zoneflyer
Anyone noticed the concierge email response is slow to borderline unresponsive? Been requesting for restaurant reservations and had some email exchange with them the past two weeks, it's been almost three days after my follow up email and still no response. All other hotels (Conrad Tokyo, Roku, PH Kyoto, PH Tokyo) I'm staying next month has an average response time less than 24 hrs.
When I stayed there, albeit it pre-covid, it was definitely the weakest link department
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: SQ VA QF CX JL NH AA
Originally Posted by saaveraward
When I stayed there, albeit it pre-covid, it was definitely the weakest link department
Interesting as i sent the concierge an email last week asking about airport transfers and got a response in less than 24 hours.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: SQ VA QF CX JL NH AA
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Almost never will they do that. They are very minimal in diamond treatment above the basics (for Asia). So even booking the room below suite won’t generally get you one.
Hopefully this time next week i will be staying there. I am a Diamond and have booked the base room so i will let you know if there is an upgrade.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Free agent
Anyone noticed the concierge email response is slow to borderline unresponsive? Been requesting for restaurant reservations and had some email exchange with them the past two weeks, it's been almost three days after my follow up email and still no response. All other hotels (Conrad Tokyo, Roku, PH Kyoto, PH Tokyo) I'm staying next month has an average response time less than 24 hrs.
I haven't reached out to the Osaka Conrad in a few months but they were very responsive, similar to the Conrad Tokyo and Ritz Kyoto, usually within 24 hours.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I haven't reached out to the Osaka Conrad in a few months but they were very responsive, similar to the Conrad Tokyo and Ritz Kyoto, usually within 24 hours.
I had to chase after the guest relations manager in the end to get the concierge to complete my restaurant reservations, it was a bit confusing but got the job done in the end.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: Free agent
I had to chase after the guest relations manager in the end to get the concierge to complete my restaurant reservations, it was a bit confusing but got the job done in the end.
Thanks for the data point, I'm going to be reaching back out to them this week to get my ducks in a row for reservations while we're there as a lot of the restaurants will be available for our time frame starting Nov 1.
zoneflyer likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: DL
I am having similar issues, I even confirmed the Osaka concierge email address I have is correct by asking the Conrad Tokyo concierge. Is there any other email address I can try? What is the guest relations manager's email address? I might just give them a call but its hard to align with their working hours and my awake hours. Conrad Tokyo has been super responsive and helpful, and I'm getting a a little wary about the Osaka stay now
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krdvg
I am having similar issues, I even confirmed the Osaka concierge email address I have is correct by asking the Conrad Tokyo concierge. Is there any other email address I can try? What is the guest relations manager's email address? I might just give them a call but it’s hard to align with their working hours and my awake hours. Conrad Tokyo has been super responsive and helpful, and I'm getting a a little wary about the Osaka stay now
PMed you the guest relation managers email. Both Roku Kyoto and Conrad Tokyo were very responsive for my case as well.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alany611

As a Diamond, I've only had to stay in the base room once - during the busy period around the new year. Not much difference between the Exec and Exec Corner - the Exec corner's bath has a view of the window but it's much more breath-taking looking at the view from the room which *feels* almost pano and it floor to ceiling whereas the tub's is not.

Never been upgraded to a suite in Japan as a diamond regardless of room type booked - they'll happily upgrade you to an exec room but you gotta pull their teeth to get a suite.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I stayed in an Executive Corner King room at the Conrad Osaka last week and it was a mixed experience. The hotel has sweeping views which are very impressive. We had an outstanding dinner at Kura their Teppanyaki restaurant, both food and service were excellent. On the whole the service was friendly and helpful during our stay. The buffet breakfast was good, not exceptional but tasty and great views as well. The food in the bar was terrible as were the drinks. The executive lounge food was bad also. We only went once as we just didn't see the point. The finishes in the hotel common areas and rooms were really not 5 star at all. The tile and wallpaper in the room would not feel out of place in a Hilton Garden Inn. Basically all the furniture etc was just a bit on the cheap side, practically 3 star, maybe 4 at best but not 5. I was a bit surprised at the poor quality of the finish out to be honest. Very generic and bland. I would probably not stay their again because of the cheap furniture and I suspect as the hotel ages it will not age well.
Ghoulish likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by jhangilp
Can anyone comment on the size of the twin beds? Is it big enough for 2 small people? Is it an actual twin or a double bed size?
Bumping this query as I didn't see it answered upthread. I know some hotels in Japan describe beds as twin but they are actually big enough for two reasonably petite adults (my wife and I have both comfortably slept on a Conrad Tokyo "twin" and a Hyatt Regency Tokyo "twin). From the photos that I've seen of the Conrad Osaka it seems they have the same size bed as the Tokyo hotels mentioned, but it would be good to confirm if anyone can. Cheers.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:33 pm

Anyone know if they have a house car that offers airport transfer?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Bumping this query as I didn't see it answered upthread. I know some hotels in Japan describe beds as twin but they are actually big enough for two reasonably petite adults (my wife and I have both comfortably slept on a Conrad Tokyo "twin" and a Hyatt Regency Tokyo "twin). From the photos that I've seen of the Conrad Osaka it seems they have the same size bed as the Tokyo hotels mentioned, but it would be good to confirm if anyone can. Cheers.
hi, we have stayed as family of four at both Conrad Tokyo and Conrad Osaka in their twin suites. Our kids are 4 and 7 and we had no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.