Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I last used an MVP rate a month ago, based on this recent thread:
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Lifetime diamond. AA gold
MVP NOPE

For San Diego Hamptons rates are the same or higher Why is this
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Geneaudio
The typical discount is 20% off the Best Available Rate (BAR) and the rate cannot be higher than the BAR, but it can be higher than some other rates. I know the Embassy Suites in Boca Raton FL has a AAA rate (and I think the FL Resident rate) that is $1 less than the MVP rate.

However, the caveat to this is not all properties participate. The Hampton Inn San Diego-Kearny Mesa seems to have MVP rates while the Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area, Hampton Inn San Diego-Downtown, and Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar do not participate in the program.

Which hotel were you particularly interested in?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: HH Lifetime diamond. AA gold
ates

Hamption Inn off El Camino Road or the HGI same road just by the 15

Both seem to have really high rates I need Aug 11/12 & 18/19 There are lower rates close but area is not as nice or parking charges eat up any savings
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:41 pm

MVP works fine

Thank you to all posters hereabouts, as only through this forum did I learn about the MVP rate and how best to use it. Since learning about it, I have taken the speed route to Gold by registering on the MVP site and used it at Homewood Suites in Seattle and Salt Lake, Hamptons in several locations, an Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs and an HGI or two. No one anywhere has asked for any particular ID or verification beyond my HH Number. It has saved me a fair bit of money, but the quick jump Gold after only 4 stays was the real trump card, even though my recent trip would have put me up to Gold anyway, it was nice to attain it earlier and reap the benefits, which have been several room upgrades, plus free breakfasts at the HGIs. Here is to the free flow of info on this site.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:33 pm

One more advantage of booking rooms using MVP rate is that you do not have to pay in advance.

alextktan
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alextktan
One more advantage of booking rooms using MVP rate is that you do not have to pay in advance.
My experience has been that the MVP rate = prepaid rate without having to prepay.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Been hit/miss for me. I am going to NYC this weekend and the AAA rate was cheaper on hilton.com and going back to vegas next month and aaa rate was also cheaper on hilton.com I stayed at Palmer house last month and the MVP rate was 20% cheaper than the AAA rate.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
What does MVP actually stand for - just curious?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
What does MVP actually stand for - just curious?
My guess is "Most Valuable Player" given it started as sports oriented.

However, maybe "Members vs. Profits"? Any other suggestions?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Is it necessary for fast track gold by MVP that there is the Corperate ID no. in the reservation?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No. My experience when I signed a friend up for the Gold challenge via the MVP site is that his status came through after four stays and none of them had been booked with the MVP code.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cblaisd
No. My experience when I signed a friend up for the Gold challenge via the MVP site is that his status came through after four stays and none of them had been booked with the MVP code.
same here....a bunch of people i know got their status after 4 stays & none of them used the mvp code....
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Geneaudio
MVP isn't always the best rate. But your question implies that you expect it to be. Why is this?

You will sometimes find that MVP is higher than Advance Purchase (prepaid, nonrefundable) rates (at same hotel, same dates) -- but not always. However, MVP is NOT prepaid, so it can be advantageous for those who don't want to take the risk of prepaying and possibly losing their money.

Also, you won't even find MVP rates at some hotels. Probably they don't all participate, and/or the rate is capacity-controlled.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thank' for Your answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.