Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
One word of caution - it is 4 stays not 4 nights.

- naroowal
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Question about the MVP challenge - Can you already be Gold for the current year, and sign up for the challenge in hopes of making Gold for the following year?

Example - I will be Gold through March 2011, but will likely not have enough stays to make Gold for 2011-2012. Say in December of 2010, while I am still Gold, can I sign up for the challenge to extend the Gold through March 2012, or do I need to be Silver / Blue to sign up?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Southwest RR, HI Priority Gold, Marriott Rewards
Smile

Thanks for the caution on the four stays, I should have phrased by question different. I have booked four seperate stays for the next 30 days. Too bad the 1stQ offer expires at the end of the month.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:46 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn Hyde
Question about the MVP challenge - Can you already be Gold for the current year, and sign up for the challenge in hopes of making Gold for the following year?

Example - I will be Gold through March 2011, but will likely not have enough stays to make Gold for 2011-2012. Say in December of 2010, while I am still Gold, can I sign up for the challenge to extend the Gold through March 2012, or do I need to be Silver / Blue to sign up?
I want to get an answer for this myself as well. I've asked it a couple of times but it seems noone has a solid answer.
My first quarter has been quite decent. 9 Stays 12 nights ( 8 stays 11 nights eligible, I had a night that was booked through priceline, they were generous to give me benefits and points but I think it won't count towards my status as it did not count towards the free nights on the Q1 promo).
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by made43
I just joined Flyertalk, although I have been a lurker for a long time. I just lost my Gold for next year, as I no longer travel as much for work. I just signed up for the Hilton MPV Gold. Can I use reward stays to achieve the required four nights, or do they have to be paying nights.

Thanks
Made43
welcome to ft made43....you will find all the answers to your questions here....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-hhonors.html
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
MVP rate is gr8

I used the MVP rate ($47) at a Hampton last nite.

@ Check in, the Front Desk commented that he had never seen a rate so low.

I asked him if I could negotiate lower and he said $69 was the lowest he was authorized to offer. He asked how I got such a good rate, so he must not have been aware of the MVP corporate code I used to book with. I told him I found the rate on "The Internets"
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I've had a lot of great success using the MVP link over the years but I'm starting to notice more and more properties seem to opt-out of the rate structures. Its usually Homewoods but I've seen at least one Hampton that takes it on weekdays but not weekends.

The old swimming link which had a lower 10% off BAR was more universal but it looks like Hilton discontinued it.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:22 pm
mmo

Can anyone be a MVP?

Hello,
I am very new to the program and am currently a HH Silver thru my Amex card. My question is I seen a link and signed up to get to HH Gold quicker thru the MVP website. It allowed me to post my account number and to make reservations with the MVP lower rate. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be only for certain corporations or who qualifies for MVP? It took my reservation ok and allowed me to sign up for the promo ok, so I am hoping everything is good. Thanks and sorry if this has been addressed before.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have reserved via the MVP web site at their lower rates a number of times with no problems. Usually the only condition appears to be that you must have a HHonors number. Only once did they say you had to have some sports affiliation and I did not book the room then.

As for the fast track to Gold promo I have no experience.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: DL, HH, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by aduncan
I'm currently staying at the Hilton Kensington in London. I'll let you know if this stay counted after I check out.
The stay posted and it counted. ^
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: hhonors Diamond
"Press Credentials are required at check in."

So, basicly, if you use it and don't have press credentials, you are cheating. Sorry to put it boldly, but when we cheat as a public, we all lose in the end.

I happen to have press credentials and I worked hard for them.

If they didn't have that stipulation, it would simply be a 'good deal for all', and I guess it's partially Hilton's fault for not saying so until you get to the last step.

I don't know... things like this just bug me. I guess we all try to get a good deal, but it's just not intended for everyone.

I've had a lot of great success using the MVP link over the years but I'm starting to notice more and more properties seem to opt-out of the rate structures.
Uh huh....
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:51 pm

Am I going to get beat up? LOL... As a forum owner myself, I usually call this kind of post "reply regret". Yep. I got it!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by fishnfly
"Press Credentials are required at check in."

So, basicly, if you use it and don't have press credentials, you are cheating. Sorry to put it boldly, but when we cheat as a public, we all lose in the end.

I happen to have press credentials and I worked hard for them.
Well, as the author of the View from the Wing column at BoardingArea.com...

Hey, Randy, can I get press credentials?

But let's step back, before moralizing about how only press should use this rate, why would a chain offer a special press rate? Favorable coverage maybe? Where's the morality in that?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:10 pm

True, that.
But I guess that I try to do right most times, and play by the rules, because it just seems to come back at me, either way, good or bad.

If someone else does bad, it doesn't seem to affect me. That's their biz.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: HH diamond
So if we're freelancers, we can't take advantage of it? I don't have any press ID but I certainly have had articles picked up. Doesn't that count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.