Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Two other threads (recently posted to) on the MVP program:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...amily-mvp.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-mvp-gold.html

(Found these quickly via "search this forum," "Advanced," "Titles only," keyword MVP* )

MVP bookings here:

www.hiltonfamilymvp.com
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Note: This only works for the Amex 500 point bonus if you book with an Amex and pay for your room with it.

OK - I won't post the actual codes in case of the wrong search but here are the steps:

1. google "Hilton MVP"
2. The first result page should be the main Hilton MVP page - near the bottom you will see 2 corp id codes based on the brand you want to use.
3. Go to Hilton.com and find the hotel you want. Note that many of the basic search screen rates may be advance purchase rates.
4. When you click the hotels 'view rates' button you will be taken to a details screen to verify your dates and preferences. Copy in the corp code and click the continue button.
5. The MVP rates for the various available rooms will now display - typically they are 20% off BAR - roughly the same as the Adv Purch rates without having to pay in advance. You can use the browser's back button and remove the code to see the regular rates.
6. Complete your booking.
7. At this point the res will go down as being booked on Hilton.com so it will be eligible for the Amex bonus and any other bonuses that require use of the regular hilton.com portal. Use of the MVP portal negates most of these bonuses.

Note: A few properties don't participate in the MVP program or won't have MVP rates on a given night.
Thanks, pmaddock. The step-by-step instructions are crystal clear.

alextktan
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: All of them.... mostly United and Starwood
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Two other threads (recently posted to) on the MVP program:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...amily-mvp.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-mvp-gold.html

(Found these quickly via "search this forum," "Advanced," "Titles only," keyword MVP* )

MVP bookings here:

www.hiltonfamilymvp.com
Initially I struggled to register for the promo. I just decided to go for it and hope that my stays qualify. I am booking them using the codes, just NOT on the MVP website.

I got this error message:

We're Sorry,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.

Click Here to return to your account.

I thought that I wasn't eligble for a moment, but I just kept trying again and eventually it worked.

I am currently at a DT, so really wanted to get this stay to count - if possible. So put today's date as the start date.

Hopefully this stay will count since I checked in on the day my fast track starated, will check out after [duh], and I booked it using the MVP code.

Does anyone who did this know - if you can see the status of your fast track online at all? Also, does the gold status happen automatically, or will I need to call to request it?

Originally Posted by cherribabe
Sounds like no one has had any problems using these codes, correct?

Anyone with negative experience to report back?
I checked in today with my first MVP rate and had no issues whatsoever.

I went ahead and cancelled my AAA reservation this weekend, since I now have a MVP reservation for that stay booked - now that I know it works okay.

Yes, I know tons have had success, but I just had to make sure for myself! When I'm traveling for work, I could care less if the rate were to change on me, but since this is a vacation, I didn't want to be stuck with a rack rate, etc.

Happy to report it was great. I didn't save any money on this with MVP. I could have, but decided to get an upgraded room for $3 more with the MVP code, vs. the smaller room I'd booked before. I probably could have gotten a discount on a queen, but wanted a king.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 3, 2010 at 11:04 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Another reason to use hilton.com: to avoid this restricted handling of your resi online:

To modify your eAdvantage reservation, please visit your company's customized eAdvantage website or contact Hilton Family eAdvantage at: 1-866-304-9196 in the United States or email us at: [email protected]
Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:17 am

Just used the MVP rate last weekend and had no problems.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Just finished my fourth stay last week since signing up for the MVP fast track (a combination of prepaid and MVP rates) and e-mailed Hilton who confirmed my gold status is now good through March 2012.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
used mvp rate with no issues last week at HI. No questions, even upgraded to a suite.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Fast track only in US?

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Just finished my fourth stay last week since signing up for the MVP fast track (a combination of prepaid and MVP rates) and e-mailed Hilton who confirmed my gold status is now good through March 2012.
As I understand the four stays count for "MVP fast track to Gold" within a period of 90 days, right? But you have to book US or Canadian hotels to get the fast track? Saw something with "US Hiltons". Or it works worldwide with Hilton family hotels?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Have used MVP for four stays so far, no troubles... however, I had a last minute trip once and hotel I went to had no clue of the rate and didn't seem to be able to find it/offer it without a pre-existing reservation.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:18 pm

Some old data on MVP

What is it?

"MVP is an optional program designed to gain incremental revenue from the sports market and steal share from our competitors. MVP does this by offering a special discount off BAR that can only be booked via our MVP portal, www.hiltonfamilyMVP.com or by calling a toll free number, 866-424-4276, that is directed to the HHonors Diamond Desk. When calling the toll free number, the traveler must ask for the MVP rate. It will not be offered automatically. The traveler must present their HHonors card (or valid photo ID if they have just their HHonors number) upon check in.

The rate offered via the MVP program is 20% off BAR without last room availability (non-LRA) and will be set up in a special local SRP, L-MVP. The MVP SRP will be loaded into LV1 (or LV0 for those hotels that are only using one value level.) The MVP rate is also not available during special events or blackout dates. ...."
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by submonte
As I understand the four stays count for "MVP fast track to Gold" within a period of 90 days, right? But you have to book US or Canadian hotels to get the fast track? Saw something with "US Hiltons". Or it works worldwide with Hilton family hotels?
yes/no?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
"Just complete four qualifying stays or nine qualifying nights within the 90-day period of your choice and reach Gold VIP status faster than ever! [...] Offer valid at all U.S. Hilton®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels® and Hilton Garden Inn® hotels and at select U.S. Hilton Grand Vacations Club® locations, Hampton Inn® and Hampton Inn & Suites® hotels."

I read that as only US hotels count. However, I can't confirm whether or not their system is setup that way.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
yes/no?
I had three paid Hilton stays, one paid Hampton stay and one reward Hilton stay. So either the Hampton or reward stay qualified.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:50 am

Programs: HH Lifetime diamond. AA gold
MVP

Would someone be kind enough to define MVP and what it
does for you. The threads I've seen are older. I'd like to
know about current rules. Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
http://directconnect.hilton.com/dc/d...equestid=55375 Sometimes rates here are a little better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.