Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The rates appear to work in Hamptons in the UK.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
MVP at Homewood

I enrolled in the MVP program a few months ago and have 8-9 stays and about 20 nights on it thus far. Like others have said before, the only hotel that posts any requirements at booking is Homewood. I just booked a couple of rooms for travel later this month in NC and got the "press creds...." fine print, so I called them. I was transferred to the director of sales and flat told him that I've been enrolled in this program for a few months, wanted to use the rate that is promised, but have no press credentials nor press affiliation. He told me he didn't know what I was talking about, said the rate is fine for BOTH rooms I booked, and he looks forward to having us as his guest.

Like others have said before, I don't think the hotel front line, nor even the sales director in this case, has any clue how many corporate codes there are nor what they're used for. This guy's just glad we're coming!

Side note: many thanks to this forum. you guys have singlehandedly saved me hundreds of dollars between the MVP and Hertz gold promo codes. I figured I better enroll and give back a little too!

safe travels (especially today!),

d
Old Feb 5, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Hilton Honors MVP with fasttrack to gold worked for me too.

Stayed 4 times without using the rate, but booked stays via the mvp-website.

^
Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, HHonors
Just booked...

I just booked 4 nights at two hotels alternating between the two using the MVP program code on the main Hilton.com website for the fast track to Gold.

I will post once all the stays post.

Thanks for this.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stifle
I'm currently testing it in the UK; will know in around two weeks' time whether it has worked or not and will report back.
Can confirm that I am now gold after four stays (one Hampton three Hilton) in the UK.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Fast Track to Gold Status (4 Stays/ 9 Nights)

This link was mentioned in another thread, but I think its worth calling out on its own.

You can now complete a 4 stay/ 9 night in 90 days challenge to Gold status by signing up here. It says you need to be a member of the MVP program, but I'm not and it allowed me to sign up. Whether it will work isn't 100% guaranteed, but its worth a shot.

T&C
Member must complete four qualifying stays or nine qualifying nights (whichever comes sooner) within 90 days of your selected start date for the Fast Track offer. Offer available only for current members of the Hilton Family MVP program and is not transferable. Once you have selected your Start Date and enrolled in the MVP promotion, changes to the Start Date are allowed provided that the new date is not a date in the past and the original start date has not already passed. Once a member reaches Gold VIP status, it will remain in effect through April of the second calendar year following the period in which the member qualified. Full details of Gold VIP membership will be mailed to the member upon attaining the tier level. Offer may be terminated without notice. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2011 Hilton Hotels Corporation.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
That is the sign up page for the MVP program, the terms are worded in a confusing way. Sign up before your first stay, and four stays later in the 90 days you will be gold.

Once you sign up, you should check rates through the MVP portal at

www.hiltonfamilyMVP.com

to get the discounts, or ask when you call (it connects you to the diamond desk). They will not generally offer the MVP discount unless you ask for it.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:02 pm

Hi

Hi all, question - I signed up for the hilton mvp program recently as we need to stay 4 nights before and after a cruise in Nov/Dec 2011. The 4 stays or 9 nights thing - do I have to have 4 individual stays - can they all be for one night only? I'm so confused on this.......I have 3 reservations and weren't thru mvp portal but through hilton.com and I have one booked for 2 nights and two single nights booked. (Seattle and Tampa). Will this qualify or will I need to have 4 separate reservations for the 4 nights. Help????

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by browniegirl
Hi all, question - I signed up for the hilton mvp program recently as we need to stay 4 nights before and after a cruise in Nov/Dec 2011. The 4 stays or 9 nights thing - do I have to have 4 individual stays - can they all be for one night only? I'm so confused on this.......I have 3 reservations and weren't thru mvp portal but through hilton.com and I have one booked for 2 nights and two single nights booked. (Seattle and Tampa). Will this qualify or will I need to have 4 separate reservations for the 4 nights. Help????

Thanks!
Welcome to FT -- they should be four stays for one night each and all of them can be at what ever rate you want to pay -- hint look for the best refundable discount..

Bob H
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by browniegirl

Thanks!
Any consecutive nights at the same property will count as 1 stay regardless of if they are seperate reservations. So your 2 night will count as 1 stay. And your other 2 will count as 1 stay each as long as they are not at the same property or if they are the same property-not consecutive.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:51 pm

Thanks so much, that answers my question! The 4 nights will only qualify as three stays, so not much point trying to do the mvp thing then! Oh well, it was worth a shot!!! this is a great website, just happened up on it today!!!

Browniegirl
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have any number of consecutive nights at the one property they will count as one stay, whether they are on separate bookings or not.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Though some properties will not allow MVP rates and a few (not all, IME,) Homewoods "require" press credentials, MVP works seamlessly for me.

The real beauty of MBP rate: when occupancy is high or I am doing last-minute booking the AAA and AARP rates may not be available. On the 15th I booked a property much nearer to my home to the clinic I had scheduled up to seven hours of surgery the 16th, and - the MVP rate worked, I saved a bunch of dollars, particularly over walk-up. ^
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Hilton MVP - Reach Hilton HHonors® Gold VIP Status After Only 4 Stays Or 9 Nights

I have a upcoming trip that will put me in a hotel for 10 nights and a friend sent me this link

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

earlier this month I signed up for the quadruple points offer and I was wondering if I can also sign up for this offer?

I remember reading that these offers state "cannot be combined with other offers"

If I signed up for both which offer will I end up with at the end?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Yes it works fine with both offers. And there is a long thread on the MVP program in this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.