Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:28 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

This has been going on for years and especially since travel has rebounded over the past year or so
Hotels simply want to offer the least desirable rooms so they can more easily sell the most desirable inventory first if possible
They have to offer something as they are bound to by program rules
Next few weeks I tried booking the InterContinental Los Angeles downtown on points and the same thing happened
Only handicapped rooms.I’ve noticed too at MGM resorts in Las Vegas some of their brands sell the handicapped accessible rooms for less as they are the last to sell or the least desirable rooms unless you are indeed handicapped
gadberry and gudugan like this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Easy Tiger!

The hotel does offer standard room availability that can be used with FNC and/or 120K points for non-handicapped rooms. It just goes fast! I have two rooms booked for next month that were booked that way. I have stayed there a few times on FNC/points where the room was booked as handicapped. But always moved to a non-handicapped room at check-in.

Please tread lightly before bringing your concerns to the “right people”. All you stand to gain is getting the hotel to remove options to use our certs.
You are absolutely incorrect about other rooms. The only rooms available for booking with a Free Night Award are the Accessible rooms. Points are on a totally different system and can basically always be booked.

As for your last line... gross.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
"Please tread lightly before bringing your concerns to the “right people”. All you stand to gain is getting the hotel to remove options to use our certs."

This
Also gross.

Kind of sad that you people care more about the possibility of a Free Night Award chart being changed than you do people who actually need those rooms.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
This doesn’t affect handicapped people in any way. It’s just the hotel playing games to try and prevent points redemptions. It’s very easy to book the accessible room and then email or call the hotel to let them know that you won’t need the accessible room itself and are happy to be moved to another one, if someone with mobility issues needs that room. The hotel knows what they are doing. It’s their job to manage inventory.
gadberry and gudugan like this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
You are absolutely incorrect about other rooms. The only rooms available for booking with a Free Night Award are the Accessible rooms. Points are on a totally different system and can basically always be booked.

Also gross.

Kind of sad that you people care more about the possibility of a Free Night Award chart being changed than you do people who actually need those rooms.
Excuse me, but if you read a few posts back I said I always put in the notes that I don't need a handicapped room. If I happen to get one because there was not a true need, I don't care one way or the other.

But it's wrong of them to state that if you don't need one, don't book this room. That effectively puts you in a position of never being able to use a FNC.

That's what's gross.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 4:06 pm

California law doesn’t allow a new $1000n 200 room hotel to have fewer ADA rooms than a new $100n 200 room hotel, even though being handicap is an excellent predictor of demand for more $200n rooms than $1000n rooms. So, a $1000n luxury hotel has a vast oversupply of ADA rooms.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:48 pm

You are absolutely incorrect about other rooms. The only rooms available for booking with a Free Night Award are the Accessible rooms. Points are on a totally different system and can basically always be booked..
The amount of incorrect information in your last post is amazing….have no idea where to begin….but here goes….

All Standard Room Reward space is available for FNCs. At the WABH the standard award room goes for 120K points. Any room going for that amount can be used for a FNC. If you look in July most nights are available for 120K. Some are assigned to ADA rooms and some to non-ADA rooms. FNC can be used on either.

Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Absolutely false. Two Queen Superior Room is bookable as a standard room with points and certificates. Also, this hotel is beyond accommodating (and easily the best WA in the USA). I have a 5 night stay coming up in the summer and booked a Deluxe King Accessible with points. I like to guarantee the Beverly Hills king in advance for the larger room and view, and a quick email secured a confirmed upgrade for a measly $85.00/night + tax. Not only will they change within your category from an accessible to non-accessible for free, they will confirm an upgrade to whatever category you want if you pay the difference, thus freeing up the accessible room back into inventory.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:51 pm

Also gross.

You should probably become knowledgeable about the topic before posting misinformation in this forum. Will save you quite a bit of embarrassment and not mislead forum readers.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:44 pm

Has anyone actually stayed in an ADA room here? Think a review of it would be beneficial in case anyone ends up with one?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by dman22
Has anyone actually stayed in an ADA room here? Think a review of it would be beneficial in case anyone ends up with one?
Yes, no real difference except for the shower that doesn't have a lip and slightly lower tables. Bed might be a little lower.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
The amount of incorrect information in your last post is amazing….have no idea where to begin….but here goes….

All Standard Room Reward space is available for FNCs. At the WABH the standard award room goes for 120K points. Any room going for that amount can be used for a FNC. If you look in July most nights are available for 120K. Some are assigned to ADA rooms and some to non-ADA rooms. FNC can be used on either.
Standard award rooms are available most nights through Feb 2024.
Old May 4, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Diamond
FYI - for random dates in September and October they are selling a Superior Corner Junior Suite for 69k pts or <$200. It is a premium room award. There might be more dates available, but those months are the ones I quickly spot-checked.

Last edited by rajanh3; May 4, 2023 at 11:01 am
Old May 4, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Diamond
Looks like the mistake fare was fixed - already taken down
gudugan likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dman22
I was upgraded to jr. suite accessible room. In my eyes, there were no mentionable difference without the bathroom having a curtain instead of glass doors (so it is easier to access for sure). But without it, I was not able to recognize it is a accessible room.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by rajanh3
FYI - for random dates in September and October they are selling a Superior Corner Junior Suite for 69k pts or <$200. It is a premium room award. There might be more dates available, but those months are the ones I quickly spot-checked.
That's gotta be a price mistake and I'm surprised you didn't book. Shows $2k to for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.