Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
And it looks like standard rooms are now 120K points.

edit: my apologies if this has already been posted.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/hilton-price-rise/

David
That'll probably get me to cancel my Hilton card.. I use it once a year for a stay-cation at the WA BH.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
That'll probably get me to cancel my Hilton card.. I use it once a year for a stay-cation at the WA BH.
Why? The free night certificate is good for a "standard points" room...if 120K is now the new normal standard, then your certificate should still work. If 120K is for a premium room, then that's different. But higher end hotels moving from 95 to 120 should have no difference.
DiverDave and DC9 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:32 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Why? The free night certificate is good for a "standard points" room...if 120K is now the new normal standard, then your certificate should still work. If 120K is for a premium room, then that's different. But higher end hotels moving from 95 to 120 should have no difference.
Exactly. No difference when using the certificate. What did I miss?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DC9
Exactly. No difference when using the certificate. What did I miss?
It sounded to me like someone (phant0m) thought differently, that their FNC would no longer be valid, and therefore with no use for the FNC, no use for the credit card.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:36 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
It sounded to me like someone (phant0m) thought differently, that their FNC would no longer be valid, and therefore with no use for the FNC, no use for the credit card.
Yes, the FNC may actually be worth more in that case. Even more reason to keep the card.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Availability (including Deluxe ADA now) is WIDE open thru rest of 2022 after April. Definitely was not the case when I checked a month or two ago. If this is coz of the increased 120k, then it's a positive change for me (since I'm using FNC).

Last edited by italdesign; Apr 18, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Availability (including Deluxe ADA now) is WIDE open thru rest of 2022 after April. Definitely was not the case when I checked a month or two ago. If this is coz of the increased 120k, then it's a positive change for me (since I'm using FNC).

Could also be because of the travel season and restrictions easing for some of the nice redemptions like wailea and maldives?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Was able to snag two nights using FNC's over memorial day weekend, but as others have stated, had to book an ADA King room. Is the only difference with this type of room the shower (roll-in)? Does it not have a bathtub? If I want to switch to a non-ADA room is it better to do that now or at check-in?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Was able to snag two nights using FNC's over memorial day weekend, but as others have stated, had to book an ADA King room. Is the only difference with this type of room the shower (roll-in)? Does it not have a bathtub? If I want to switch to a non-ADA room is it better to do that now or at check-in?
They e-mailed me and actually asked in a nice way if I needed an ADA room. I said I do not and they upgraded me one category non ADA.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Cryptoprophet
They e-mailed me and actually asked in a nice way if I needed an ADA room. I said I do not and they upgraded me one category non ADA.
How far in advance of your check-in did they email you?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
How far in advance of your check-in did they email you?
about a week prior
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: QF SG
I have an LAX 18 hour layover landing 6:30pm and I'm considering using a FNC at this property. I'm struggling to make use of the certificate. Is it worth the extra Uber compared to Oceana? I quite like Santa Monic but I've never stayed at a WA and this seems like a good opportunity. I would quite enjoy using the pool in the morning and I'm Diamond if that makes any difference.

I'll be traveling solo so no significant other to impress.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by bacook
I have an LAX 18 hour layover landing 6:30pm and I'm considering using a FNC at this property. I'm struggling to make use of the certificate. Is it worth the extra Uber compared to Oceana? I quite like Santa Monic but I've never stayed at a WA and this seems like a good opportunity. I would quite enjoy using the pool in the morning and I'm Diamond if that makes any difference.

I’ve used it as a layover. Great food drinks rooftop and pool.

If you can eat dinner at Jean Georges on the ground floor if you are a foodie

it’s arguably the nicest WA currently imo for hard product and service level. At least until we see what the new WA NYC is like after their extensive years long Reno.

diamond won’t get you much. Maybe a higher floor / one category room upgrade
bacook and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:35 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I have an LAX 18 hour layover landing 6:30pm and I'm considering using a FNC at this property. I'm struggling to make use of the water certificate. Is it worth the extra Uber compared to Oceana? I quite like Santa Monic but I've never stayed at a WA and this seems like a good opportunity. I would quite enjoy using the pool in the morning and I'm Diamond if that makes any difference.

The hard product At WA is excellent likely better than Oceana.
I would decide by the location and where you truly want to be
Many not all of the Waldorf rooms/suites overlook the smelly exhaust filled,noisy Santa Monica Blvd.
As long as you keep the sliding doors or windows shut it’s fine
Living in Southern Cali I get enough pollution without being on an active freeway or heavily trafficked roadway.

I’ve never been a fan of Jean Georges breakfast lunch or dinner
The food is simply disappointing,nicely presented with great people watching at twice the price of other nearby restaurants where the food is much better
Ive noticed when there is an attractive crowd good views and overpricing many think it’s actually good and that describes a lot of Los Angeles and some other cities as well.50 bucks for a average burger on the Waldorf Rooftop that The Capital Grille (Dowtown) serves a superior one for near half the price or the Palm Beverly Hills a mile down the road.That said the rooftop ambience is awesome.Many drink a lot and don’t know what they are eating and are mostly there impressing their dates with great surroundings and high levels of food presentation which while attractive to look at doesn’t really satisfy for some
bacook likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 20, 2022 at 9:24 am
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

Do not stay at the Oceana. Rooms, service, and food & beverage are all noticeably inferior to the WA.
bacook likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.