Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:34 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Glad I booked the first time reservations were open! My two stays next April during tradeshow season are now show up at over HK$1500/night for the lowest category room, but I booked a Harborview room for HK$800.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:43 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by JRV62
Because I have more than I can use and will be earning even more this year-- yea a poor redemption but it makes no sense to keep accumulating...
Then like the poster above said it would make greater sense to redeems nights at the Conrad instead.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I booked a Harborview room for HK$800.
Harborview? From Mongkok? That's a bit of a stretch
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:36 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Harborview? From Mongkok? That's a bit of a stretch
I thought the same thing...But it was tens of USD more than the lower category rooms, and is the highest non-suite category, so strategically hoping for a 'one category upgrade' to a suite...Wishful thinking, but for around $20/night, it's worth the gamble--especially now considering that they've adjusted the rate as to where even the basic room is nearly double!

Room:
1 adult
KING DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW ROOM Non Smoking Room
...But it's funny. Any date I plug in now shows neither "Harbor View" rooms nor suites. Both were there earlier.

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Nov 23, 2016 at 9:45 pm
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:34 am

Opening date has moved forward a month to 'presently accepting reservations for arrival February 1, 2017 and beyond'.

Only premium awards available at 39k points and still only 'garden' view rooms listed. Hopefully that doesn't mean construction work on the 'harbour' view rooms will be ongoing after the opening.

Any idea how an Asian HGI breakfast would compare to the HIX' next door? Presumably it not being free for all guests ought to have a positive effect on its quality.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
You cant get much worst for Western tastes than the HIX next door. That said I rather liked the congee and dim sum next door. They reacted to complants and made the Western options marginally less bad to my tastes whilst making the Asian options dreadful LOL

Late opening of this plus Conrad Manila and Doubletree Kingston UK has meant I miss Diamond in 2017. Triple whammy - left with dredadful status options for 2017 now - airbnb.... or hopefully a Marriot/Starwood status match. Totally lost patience with my IHG Spire.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Ok I went for a wander today to see what was happening.

Everything looks very nearly done. There was a doorman and two receptionists. I asked one about opening and she said something about Mid-december but only accepting bookings from Feb which we know. Got a couple of sneaky photos so not the best. I do apologise.
Attached Images     
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:21 am
jxd

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Ok I went for a wander today to see what was happening.

Everything looks very nearly done. There was a doorman and two receptionists. I asked one about opening and she said something about Mid-december but only accepting bookings from Feb which we know. Got a couple of sneaky photos so not the best. I do apologise.
Looks good!

Website seems to be taking reservations from feb and the opening date notice has been removed. Looks like i'll be able to stay here for my January trip!

Last edited by jxd; Nov 29, 2016 at 12:57 am
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:36 pm

I haven't stayed at many Hiltons in Hong Kong as a Diamond. For other Diamonds that are more experienced, should I expect a suite upgrade at this property (if there is space)?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I don't think any of us has experience with upgrades at this property - you do realise that it is not even open yet?

Anyway, I think the saying, "dont expect anything and sometimes you will get surprised" applies to your question...
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by alany611
I haven't stayed at many Hiltons in Hong Kong as a Diamond. For other Diamonds that are more experienced, should I expect a suite upgrade at this property (if there is space)?
That is not surprising, as there are NO Hilton's in HKG. There is a Conrad and the new Hilton Garden Inn (which is part of the group, but not "a Hilton"). As it is brand new nobody has any data about potential upgrades, but an upgrade is not an official benefit of the HGI brand.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:00 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

2 years ago, HGI in Shenzhen REFUSED any upgrade, despite (I guess) a TON of availability...The hotel seemed deserted and they were selling every room type possible. They said, "There are no upgrades as a published, even for diamonds. Take your low floor, as-booked room type and like it". Haven't been back since, and only since that stay did I see that upgrades are not a published benefit at HGI. (Unless it's changed--but have upgrades all the time at US-based HGIs).

Not saying that this nearby property will act the same as their cross-border peer, but good advice above, don't expect anything, and you won't be disappointed.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:25 am

Hotel looks bookable for my stay on 12-15 Jan?

Although it's $980+ with the 20% sale going on right now. Cheaper than all the HIXs in the city for those dates as well.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Did a search for Jan. 10-11 and this property comes up in the results. So maybe second week of Jan. is when they're opening? Currently have a reservation at the Conrad and the rates for this property were tempting enough to consider to switch.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gradfly
Did a search for Jan. 10-11 and this property comes up in the results. So maybe second week of Jan. is when they're opening? Currently have a reservation at the Conrad and the rates for this property were tempting enough to consider to switch.
Booked end of Feb at 1,000 HKGD (FLEXI RATE) now showing 1,650 a night .No sale rates as the Conrad is offering (20% off prepaid at 2,500)

Keeping an watch on rates ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.