Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, AS, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
I stayed here last month for 1 night. I have gold status, no upgrade. Cash stay. I agree there is a lot of ambient noise: thin walls and plenty of hotel/outside noise. The room was small though comfortable. It could have been cleaner, but I've seen much worse in HK. The location is great, short walk to tons of food and shopping options. Short walk to metro.
Apologies, I did not try the breakfast as I was meeting a friend for dim sum. Honestly, I don't think I've ever had hotel breakfast in HK, given how convenient and amazing the outside choices are.
In all, the hotel feels tired, but it was well priced for what it offered.
Old May 22, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
For others who were interested Gold's get a full buffet breakfast included - which wasn't a bad spread overall. Good mix of Asian and Western food but definitely a more Asian focus.

This hotel isn't anything amazing but I felt it was a good solid property for the price I paid. Clearly the location is both a pro and a con depending on where you actually want to go.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Need advice for adding 1 night to reward stay

Could use some help/advice!

Booked reward stay in Hong Kong at Mong Kok Hilton Garden Inn for 9 nights. We are arriving 1 day earlier than anticipated, but only Premium Room Rewards are available for that night. In the case of hilton properties, do they typically make more Standard Room Rewards available closer to check in as people cancel? I have an Amex Aspire free night certificate that I haven't used (which isn't valid for Premium Room Rewards), but if they make a Standard Room Reward available in the same room type that we currently have, my strategy should be to just get a second 5th night free and save the Amex Aspire free night certificate for something else, right? But even then, it has to be the same room type to qualify, correct?

I'm guessing we should just make a cash reservation and have the Diamond desk link them for now to make sure we have somewhere to stay (or go spend the first night in Maccau instead since we were going to do at least a day trip there anyway. I know that makes them even *less* likely to release Standard Room Rewards, for that night, tho.

Finally, can anyone view what a Standard Room Reward typically costs for this hotel for a weeknight in October or November? Just trying to get an idea. My balance is too low to see anything other than points+cash options now (you have to login to see the point cost). I redeemed for quite a few stays around the world this year to spend my balance down.

HK rooms are always pricey so I really appreciate your expertise! Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by John26
Can anyone view what a Standard Room Reward typically costs for this hotel for a weeknight in October or November? Just trying to get an idea. My balance is too low to see anything other than points+cash options now (you have to login to see the point cost). I redeemed for quite a few stays around the world this year to spend my balance down.

Standard awards at this hotel seem to be 40k. I did see some availablity in July/August but for Oct/Nov, rates go up crazy bad to 90/100k for some reason.

You're better off paying cash if you really must stay in this hotel and in this area. The Conrad, being the only other Hilton option is even more insane for some reason.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Standard awards at this hotel seem to be 40k. I did see some availablity in July/August but for Oct/Nov, rates go up crazy bad to 90/100k for some reason.

You're better off paying cash if you really must stay in this hotel and in this area. The Conrad, being the only other Hilton option is even more insane for some reson.
Whenever I check, the award rate is ridiculous. I'm only going to pay cash at this hotel.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Whenever I check, the award rate is ridiculous. I'm only going to pay cash at this hotel.
You can create an alert using free membership tier here: https://staywithpoints.com/hotel/hil...-kong-mongkok/
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by ovacikar; Jul 20, 2023 at 7:52 pm
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Originally Posted by John26
Could use some help/advice!

Finally, can anyone view what a Standard Room Reward typically costs for this hotel for a weeknight in October or November? Just trying to get an idea. My balance is too low to see anything other than points+cash options now (you have to login to see the point cost). I redeemed for quite a few stays around the world this year to spend my balance down.

On the Android App the (i) icon next to the rate shows the total points , regardless of your point balance.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 5:28 pm

The rooftop pool has reopened! Just in time for typhoon season.

Was told by the front desk that the rooms are all the same size except the corner rooms that are somewhat more spacious. Elites get the rooms on 19-20th floors which offer the same view of the sea that you get from the pool.

Can't wait for the new Hilton property in Sheung Wan next year. Need more options in HK.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Alawyer
The rooftop pool has reopened! Just in time for typhoon season.

Was told by the front desk that the rooms are all the same size except the corner rooms that are somewhat more spacious. Elites get the rooms on 19-20th floors which offer the same view of the sea that you get from the pool.

Can't wait for the new Hilton property in Sheung Wan next year. Need more options in HK.
Which one?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Which one?
That will be the Motto by Hilton opening in the former Holiday Inn Express Soho. There is a separate thread here but very few details have been published so far.

Here is another link https://flyformiles.hk/71349/motto-b...hong-kong-soho

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.