Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond booking two rooms - do both rooms get Diamond benefit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond booking two rooms - do both rooms get Diamond benefit?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by CIT85
Here is a variation. My wife and I have mutual account so both Diamonds with 1 account number, me primary.

I have booked 2 rooms at Hilton Sorrento, 1 in my name and 1 in my wife's name, both listed as Diamond. I expect both rooms will receive Lounge access. Upgrade is always based on availability so we'll get what they give us.

However, I expect that I will have to fight HHONORS to receive stay and night credit for both rooms, since 1 account number can only receive stay and night credit for 1 room on the same night.
Originally Posted by DaveH
Mutual account? I didn't think this was consistent with T&Cs?
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
HiltonHonors ended the mutual accounts in 2004 but grandfathered all existing mutual accounts.
From the terms and conditions:

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
My wife and I still have a Mutual Account. Either party's stays count for our account, we both hold current Diamond status (and lifetime Gold as backup). Very convenient.

And iirc, one can still gain a Mutual Account if negotiated as part of an HGVC purchase. Pretty sure I've read that here.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
If a Diamond books two rooms, do you also receive the 1000 points bonus for both rooms?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If a Diamond books two rooms, do you also receive the 1000 points bonus for both rooms?
All of the Diamond point bonuses are per stay, not per room.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We book 2 rooms on a majority of our HH stays. I've never *not* received lounge or breakfast for both rooms. My wife and I have a mutual account, so I guess I could play that card if I had to (making her Guest 1 on one room and me on the other), but I never have.

Upgrades have dried up (IME) in recent years, so I don't even worry or ask about that.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
. . .we both hold current Diamond status (and lifetime Gold as backup)
How does one get lifetime gold? I know there's lifetime diamond, but didn't know there was lifetime gold.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by zachary
How does one get lifetime gold? I know there's lifetime diamond, but didn't know there was lifetime gold.
Hold the affiliated credit card for life.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by zachary
I think it is something to do with the Hilton timeshare scheme, although the cost of buying new vs on the secondary market is a steep price to pay in avoiding a $100 annual credit card fee.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
So my dad and I will be wrapping up a long trip together in November, sharing a room the first two stops, but our last night at the airport (MUC), I'm contemplating getting us each our own room (various reasons). He's a Marriott guy, so no HH status, but I'm guessing it's simply YMMV with getting him the Diamond benefits as well if he's in a separate room? You'd think since I'm paying extra (2 rooms, not 1) he'd be ok to get breakfast at least?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
So my dad and I will be wrapping up a long trip together in November, sharing a room the first two stops, but our last night at the airport (MUC), I'm contemplating getting us each our own room (various reasons). He's a Marriott guy, so no HH status, but I'm guessing it's simply YMMV with getting him the Diamond benefits as well if he's in a separate room? You'd think since I'm paying extra (2 rooms, not 1) he'd be ok to get breakfast at least?
You could also list him as the second guest on your room to get the breakfast?

My experience is pretty good for upgrades etc for both rooms. But YMMV.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Second guest is the best strategy. Who sleeps in what bed is up to you. And since this is a Europe property you will likely be ok either way.

But the $X per day in lieu of breakfast has watered down this (soft) benefit significantly for US properties. I have never had it extended to more than one room, and about 1/3 of the time i have to fight just to get it for a second guest in my room.

Plus it doesn't come close to covering the cost of the breakfast you used to get for free.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lcylocal
You could also list him as the second guest on your room to get the breakfast?
After posting this, I was thinking this may be the simplest option. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.