Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Mutual Fund Accounts (No Longer Available): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 1998, 10:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Does anyone know if you can combine two peoples account to redeem awards??

My girlfriend and I both have a significant amount of points and we want to combine our points to redeem awards. Can we do this?? Or can we have a joint account?
Old Jul 7, 1998, 8:42 am
pgupta011

I believe that you have to be married to be able to form a joint account, and they require proof (marriage certificate).

Old Jul 16, 1998, 10:23 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

My wife and I did this last year with no problems whatsoever. You must be married and they require you to fax/mail a copy of the legal marriage certificate.

Why don't you get on one knee and propose? Remember, it's for the miles!!!!!! ha ha...
Old Jul 18, 2000, 6:34 am

Combine/Transfer HHonor points

My wife and I have (each) a HHonors account.
Would Hilton transfer points from one account to the other account? Starpoint did this for us in a matter of hours after an e-mail request.
Old Jul 18, 2000, 7:23 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
With Hilton, there's no need to send an e-mail to transfer.

You can open (or ask HHonors to transfer your accounts into) a mutual account. One account, one number, combined stays adding to status. You an your wife both share the status....

Now, if only the airlines would let me do that
Old Jul 18, 2000, 7:55 am

Thanks - I will call Hilton and ask for a mutual account.

British Airways has such an account. It's called HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT, with a maximum of 4 members.
Old Oct 26, 2000, 4:19 pm
Original Member

Merging Accounts...

I've read some of the posts on combining
accounts/Mutual Fund accounts in Hilton.

How does it work / Issues/Problems/ Things to watch out for?
e.g.
1) Do you pick 1 of the account numbers to
use for the combined account and the 2nd
is merged and is then gone? Or do you
get a new (3rd) account number and the
originals are gone?
2) Is the combined account in only 1 name?

3) It sounds as if you could combine the
accounts then open a new account for
the other person that was "merged"
into the combined account (True?)
4) I'd like to hear other
problems/ comments from people that
have done this.

Of course, if I do this too soon, LatinPass
will get totally lost ;-) .

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2000, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They take the two accounts (choose the one with the higher status of course) and both of you use the same #.

No big problems. Every once in a while when a stay does not credit, my spouse had been staying at a different Hilton. The rep asked how I could be in two different places at the same time. They understand after you explain and I got credit for the missing post.

A second card is issued under the second name.

One problem - Profiles - Presently under my name. It seems impossible to get a second profile for my spouse so she checks in as me or just changes the first name upon check in.

HHonors needs to work this out. In other words, when you call to make a resv., give them your HH#, they pull up your info.

All in all a great deal unless you plan on getting a divorce!
Old Oct 26, 2000, 6:23 pm

HHonors has language in their HHonors agreement that covers the mutual fund account in case of divorce.

Although once the accounts are merged, you are supposed to leave it at that, it IS possible to then open a 2nd account for the "merged" person. Hilton may or may not ever realize it.

Let me state however that I am not recommending that you do this!

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Oct 27, 2000, 6:43 am

I have a mutual fund. It is in one person's name and only one account number (the second person's account number is eliminated).

You can then get the second person a new card with the new number on it.

As with every FF deal, the pros/cons depend on your specific situation. For example, we don't stay at Hilton a lot, so the HHonors account is mainly for transferring miles. With a standard account, my spouse would never get enough points to transfer anything out. And I couldn't send any miles to her FF accounts.

But with a mutual fund, we can transfer miles to FF accounts of either person listed under the fund.

For us, the fund fills a need. You just have to decide if it fills your specific need, too.
Old Oct 27, 2000, 11:40 am
In Memoriam

You may have one problem--and that is GETTING HILTON TO DO IT!! I sent in a written request with a copy of my marriage certificate on June 14 and nothing has happened. Sorry for shouting, but I am so frustrated at the time and effort I have to expend on things like this. I've spent hours just trying to get stays posted. How many requests does it take, two, three, four? What? When I get a request from a customer do I throw it in the trash bin or lose it on my desk or just totally ignore it? Not if I want to keep them as customers!! Whew! I feel better already. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old Oct 27, 2000, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Starwood Gold Radisson Elite
I would be interested in this, but I have no idea where my marriage license is, or even it is expired. I haven't seen it since we got married, and I believe the only thing we used it for was to get my wife's social security card changed.

Sending in a marriage certificate seems a little extreme, but those are their rules.
Old Oct 27, 2000, 4:03 pm
CG

Also make sure that all your miles have credited to both accounts before switching. My wife had 30000 HHonors points coming to her account from United. We did the Mutual Fund thing and combined using my number before the UA miles had posted to her account. Apparently when the miles came from UA they dropped into a black hole and never got credited to our account. I had to fax her boarding passes in 3 times, send 5 letters (with copies of the boarding passes which Hilton doesn't seem to think consititute proof of a flight) and threaten to take legal action before they finally credited the miles.
Old Oct 31, 2000, 5:59 pm

TravelWeary and SuperCat:

I had no such problem. In fact I had no problems at all! They just asked me to send in a bank deposit slip with both our names on it and the young lady I talked to on the phone did it within one hour!

And I verified this on the website. I suggest you call for a different HHonors rep and you find no problems!

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Oct 31, 2000, 6:00 pm

Sending in a marriage certificate seems a little extreme, but those are their rules. [/B][/QUOTE]

You can send in a brokerage statement or a utility bill that has both names and a matching address, too. This was per their instructions. However, this said, I am also still waiting for them to combine our accounts. It has been almost two months since the first request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.