Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Double base points on more than one room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond

Hi,

It’s been so long since I’ve posted on here that my registration seems to have disappeared! It’s also been a while since I’ve booked two rooms at a Hilton for the same two nights. I’d assumed that I’d get double base points for both rooms during my stay by Honors say this isn’t the case. Could anyone confirm this, or not?

Any advice much appreciated.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by pse11
Hi,

It’s been so long since I’ve posted on here that my registration seems to have disappeared! It’s also been a while since I’ve booked two rooms at a Hilton for the same two nights. I’d assumed that I’d get double base points for both rooms during my stay by Honors say this isn’t the case. Could anyone confirm this, or not?

I don't see it in the terms of the current promotion, but I believe it typically is on only one room. To be safe can you book both rooms under different names? Such as one under your name and one under a spouse?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:07 pm
cjd

Hi,

In my experience, as long as both rooms are billed on one folio at checkout, you get the Base points and Bonus points, so you should get the double points. The T & C now even state that you can get points for up to 4 rooms. Here's the rule:
A Member may earn Base Points for up to four rooms per stay ("Earning Rooms") if all eligible charges for Earning Rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on Earning Rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (20%, 80% or 100%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for Earning Rooms. For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses (e.g. promotional miles), Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this, it’s exactly what I was looking for and fits more closely with what I think happened in similar situations in the past - although then the bonuses, and indeed the award of base points, were restricted to just two rooms. I will contact Hilton for the third time quoting the T&Cs and post here how I get on.

I appreciate your help!

Paul
cjd likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:25 am
cjd

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this, it’s exactly what I was looking for and fits more closely with what I think happened in similar situations in the past - although then the bonuses, and indeed the award of base points, were restricted to just two rooms. I will contact Hilton for the third time quoting the T&Cs and post here how I get on.

I appreciate your help!

Paul
Hello Paul,
In my experience, the points allocation for all rooms happens automatically as long as you have the final invoice at checkout on one folio as stated in the rules above. There is normally no requirement to contact Hilton Honors, unless you have separate invoices at checkout and then have to start begging for all the points!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Hello Paul,
In my experience, the points allocation for all rooms happens automatically as long as you have the final invoice at checkout on one folio as stated in the rules above. There is normally no requirement to contact Hilton Honors, unless you have separate invoices at checkout and then have to start begging for all the points!
A single folio hasn’t been necessary for quite a while as long as your HH number is attached to all rooms, per my experience at multiple properties.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Yes the normal Diamond double points are entitled for at least 3 rooms booked together. This has been in place for 2-3 years.

IME any further bonus, say due to an HH triple point promo, will only accrue on the first room's charges.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Yes the normal Diamond double points are entitled for at least 3 rooms booked together. This has been in place for 2-3 years.

IME any further bonus, say due to an HH triple point promo, will only accrue on the first room's charges.
That is exactly what occurred for me last week. Rooms were not on the same folio nor paid for by the same credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.