Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond booking two rooms - do both rooms get Diamond benefit?

Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite

I am looking to book rooms in a Hilton in Dublin for my wife and I and a friend and his wife. If I book the two rooms as a Diamond member do the Diamond benefits, such a breakfast, accrue to both rooms?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
According to the terms and conditions, no.
Only one room receives benefits.
But you could be lucky.
You do get points for both rooms if on one folio, though.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:20 am

Some variation of this question is asked at least once a week. And the answer never changes.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:49 am

I don't remember ever NOT getting free breakfast for both room, but I have gotten only 1 room got upgraded many times before.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Some variation of this question is asked at least once a week. And the answer never changes.
And the answer is- you shouldn't but you might
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Say you are staying with two Diamonds, but one of them books both rooms (one with points and one cash if that matters), do the Diamond benefits count for both rooms as you are with two?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Say you are staying with two Diamonds, but one of them books both rooms (one with points and one cash if that matters), do the Diamond benefits count for both rooms as you are with two?
HH elite benefits only apply to the reserving guest who must occupy the booked room.

So strictly speaking additional guest being HHD when booking is non-elite gets nothing or room.

Further hotel has no way of knowing up front an HHD will occupy both rooms so hotel can not plan a room upgrade before arrival which most hotels do. As such the hotel whilst being able to give 2nd room as occupied by an HHD bennies may not have an upgrade left come checkin.

As such if an HHD/HHG occupying each of two booked rooms, it is in their interests to book seperately in own id up front, and not as 2-rooms booked by one elite.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Originally Posted by Need
I don't remember ever NOT getting free breakfast for both room, but I have gotten only 1 room got upgraded many times before.
same here , the 2/3 times a year we travel with the family , usually get 1 room upgraded & free breakfast on both rooms as at most holiday resorts no Exec lounge.

If Dublin has Exec lounge worst case you will get access there.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:47 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by philthegreek
I am looking to book rooms in a Hilton in Dublin for my wife and I and a friend and his wife. If I book the two rooms as a Diamond member do the Diamond benefits, such a breakfast, accrue to both rooms?
I do this quite a lot each year. As stated above, the rules say the Diamond member and one additional guest in the room are entitled to the benefits. However, in my experience, both rooms get the benefits. Probably depends on each hotel and how generous they feel when checking you in. Expect benefits for your room and be grateful if both rooms get the benefits.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Mutual Account

Here is a variation. My wife and I have mutual account so both Diamonds with 1 account number, me primary.

I have booked 2 rooms at Hilton Sorrento, 1 in my name and 1 in my wife's name, both listed as Diamond. I expect both rooms will receive Lounge access. Upgrade is always based on availability so we'll get what they give us.

However, I expect that I will have to fight HHONORS to receive stay and night credit for both rooms, since 1 account number can only receive stay and night credit for 1 room on the same night.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I've always had Diamond benefits extended to the guests of a 2nd room I've booked under my name.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
Here is a variation. My wife and I have mutual account so both Diamonds with 1 account number, me primary.
Mutual account? I didn't think this was consistent with T&Cs?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DaveH
Mutual account? I didn't think this was consistent with T&Cs?
HiltonHonors ended the mutual accounts in 2004 but grandfathered all existing mutual accounts.
From the terms and conditions:
HHonors Mutual Fund
1.Effective April 1, 2004, new HHonors Mutual Fund accounts are no longer available. Members who have a Mutual Fund account as of March 31, 2004 will continue to receive Mutual Fund benefits.
2.HHonors Mutual Fund benefits are designed to allow legally married couples to combine their point earnings toward Rewards, and/or to combine their stay/point earnings toward special promotion qualifications or Elite qualification. The HHonors Mutual Fund is not designed to award duplicate bonuses and/or Rewards.
3.HHonors Mutual Fund accounts are available only to couples legally married under the laws of the state or province or country in which the couple resides.
4.For all HHonors Mutual Fund accounts combined between January 1, 1990 and March 31, 2004, only one HHonors enrollment or activation bonus will be permitted in the joint account.
5.Each spouse participating in an HHonors Mutual Fund will be issued the same HHonors account number. At the time an HHonors Mutual Fund is established, the name and address of one spouse will be designated as the recipient of all HHonors mailings.
6.Only one statement will be issued per HHonors Mutual Fund account. The individual travel accumulated by either spouse will appear on a combined HHonors Mutual Fund statement. When a Reward is requested, the points will be deducted from the combined balance. Individual balances will not be maintained or available to HHonors Mutual Fund participants.
7.Either spouse acting alone may use any and all accumulated points to request any Reward(s) for which the HHonors Mutual Fund has sufficient points. Hilton HHonors Worldwide, L.L.C. is not responsible for, and bears no liability for, disagreements or disputes between Members concerning the use of points accumulated in the HHonors Mutual Fund account.
8.In case of the death of a Member, points in the HHonors Mutual Fund will go to the surviving spouse. In the event of dissolution of marriage, 50% of points in the HHonors Mutual Fund will go to each Member. Both spouses must sign to request dissolution of account. Hilton HHonors Worldwide, L.L.C. may require official documentation evidencing death or dissolution of marriage. Hilton HHonors Worldwide, L.L.C. is not responsible for, and bears no liability for, disagreements or disputes between Members concerning the dissolution of HHonors Mutual Fund accounts. Except as specifically provided herein, neither accrued points nor Certificates are transferable in the event of death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law.
9.All HHonors Program Terms and Conditions apply to HHonors Mutual Fund accounts and participants. All interpretations of Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Hilton HHonors Worldwide, L.L.C..
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I've always had Diamond benefits extended to the guests of a 2nd room I've booked under my name.
+1

Most recently at the Hilton Miami Airport. However, I was upgraded and my colleague was not. All other benefits were included.

I had an issue where I didn't earn points on both rooms though. The hotel was unable to combine the folios after check-out. The Diamond Desk was able to fix the issue over the phone in about 3 minutes. ^
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Should for your room, anything for other room is a bonus, stretching it a bit maybe. Should get points for 2 rooms though.
I have had some stays that have been very generous, and some stays not so generous, but still meeting the rules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.