Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmw2323

ridiculous that an upgrade of any sort should affect the original booking and point deduction. At least they corrected it but it shouldn't have to come to this.
Trust me, no disagreement here, but wanted folks to be aware..
Old May 13, 2013, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Trust me, no disagreement here, but wanted folks to be aware..
That doesn't surprise me at all. The wording looks like it was written in such a way to try to screw you anyway they can.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:08 pm
mry

Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Update:
I called Hilton. Turns out it was a moot point, as I won't be able to upgrade with cash with an award reservation. The system sends out emails to everyone with a reservation and doesn't distinguish between cash reservations and reward redemptions. So I was sent the email in error.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mry
Update:
I called Hilton. Turns out it was a moot point, as I won't be able to upgrade with cash with an award reservation. The system sends out emails to everyone with a reservation and doesn't distinguish between cash reservations and reward redemptions. So I was sent the email in error.
Don't believe everything they tell you.
Old May 13, 2013, 8:27 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mry
Update:
I was able to upgrade an award reservation with cash at the Conrad Bali by sending them an e-mail.

Contact the hotel directly. You might be surprised.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old May 13, 2013, 11:18 pm
mry

Programs: BA, AA, Alaska Air, Air Canada
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I was able to upgrade an award reservation with cash at the Conrad Bali by sending them an e-mail.

Contact the hotel directly. You might be surprised.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Thanks! Your are all awesome!!!!
Old May 14, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by mry
Thanks! Your are all awesome!!!!
Please post what rates you get worked out for an upgrade.
Old May 14, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I had a recent stay at the Conrad Tokyo on C+P. I emailed the hotel a few days prior asking if an upgrade to a suite was available. Upon checking in, was told there were no suites available, but a room on the executive floor was assigned. The room was nothing spectacular. The view was the same view that can be seen from the lounge with some tall buildings right in the middle. I was't expecting a view like the Conrad HK, but was disappointed with the limited view. Otherwise the hotel stay was pleasant, but nothing spectacular. Location is more central than the Hilton Shinjuku and transportation options via the metro and taxi was decent. Coming from Narita airport, NEX to Tokyo station followed by a short taxi ride was quite simple. On returning to the airport, the Airport limousine bus was very convenient and comfortable.

Would I come back and stay again? With the devaluation, AXON or C+P options are no longer attractive. I may try out the Hilton Shinjuku next time as you can still book the Hilton for 50K/night and the C+P may be reasonable as well.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
I just booked a two night stay in a suite for later this year using the 50% offer - turned out cheaper than what a standard room would have cost me.

As a Gold would I be entitled to an upgrade to a higher level suite?
Old May 15, 2013, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mackdaddy
No I don't think you are entitled to further upgrade as gold...though it doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mackdaddy
Per T&C's for Gold at Conrad:

Code:
Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™

Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
Source: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html
Old May 16, 2013, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
However, when you look at the detailed terms and conditions, you will see that suites are excluded for golds.

And given that this query is in a thread about a specific hotel rather than a general thread, it is probable that mackdaddy is seeking advice specific to here.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Originally Posted by stifle
However, when you look at the detailed terms and conditions, you will see that suites are excluded for golds.

And given that this query is in a thread about a specific hotel rather than a general thread, it is probable that mackdaddy is seeking advice specific to here.
Yes, I was sure I'd read that suites were excluded, but this wasn't mentioned in the benefits section I had looked at recently (the same as linked by bkafrick). I've just found the more detailed Ts&Cs you mention and suite upgrades are indeed not available.

I'd be happy with what we have so not a problem for me. But, yes, it would be good to hear anybody else's specific experiences at Conrad Tokyo.
Old May 16, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
WRONG HOTEL because I am an idiot

Last edited by colpuck; May 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm
Old May 16, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by colpuck
Staying here currently. I noticed there is a substantial amount of mold on the windowsill. I am on the executive floor.
Let us know what the management team does after you report it to them! Pretty unexpected..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.