Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MorganB
$59
extra per night for eStandby UpgradeŽ

Mini and Concierge Mini Suites, 370 sq. ft.
Availability during check-in may include either a Mini-Suite accommodation or Concierge level Mini-Suite
Each Mini-Suite features a living area with sofa and chair, and a Master bedroom area with a Hilton Serenity Bed and exclusive Suite Dreams mattress
The Serenity Bath features Penhaligon bath amenities in the single bathroom, with bathrobes and marble tub/shower
Select eStandby UpgradeŽ

$99
extra per night for eStandby UpgradeŽ

Suites and Concierge Suites, From 450 sq. ft.
Approximately 450 square feet of living space with a Master bedroom, and a parlor with a seating area
The Suite Master bedroom features our Serenity Collection, including exclusive Suite Dreams accoutrements
Separate bedroom and parlor
Twice daily maid service is one of the Waldorf touches reserved for guests of this Suite
The Serenity Bath features Crabtree & Penhaligon bath amenities, a marble tub/shower, and a scale
Lavish one bedroom suite Entry Foyer, separate living area and 2 Televisions
both the mini & regular suites look like good options....you said this was a special occasion, so if i were you i would go with the second option....
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
WA in New Orleans

Hi,

Does any one have experience with the Waldorf in New Orleans? What kind of a hotel is it? How convenient is it for Mardigras? I am HH Gold and am thinking of using a reward stay. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ik.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ikonos
Hi,

Does any one have experience with the Waldorf in New Orleans? What kind of a hotel is it? How convenient is it for Mardigras? I am HH Gold and am thinking of using a reward stay. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ik.
The W=A property in NOLA goes by the name of The Roosevelt. This thread includes a rather lengthy review of my stay the week after it opened. Let me emphasis: What I wrote was an EARLY review.

While not technically IN the French Quarter, The Roosevelt is only about a half a block off Canal St and 1 or 2 blocks from where Bourbon Street intersects with Canal.

I would have thought that award availability this close in to Mardi Gras would be difficult if not impossible to come by. But the Hilton's web site does surprisingly show availability.

P.S. Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
W-A NYC : Blackstone has certainly spent most of its CAPEX on the lobby, which appears to be the most impressive part of the hotel. Aside from that, the carpet and TVs in the rooms are overdue for upgrades. Nonetheless, the staff is friendly and the service is satisfactory. Buffet breakfast in Peacock Lounge has very limited selections but very expensive. I did got upgraded most of the time while staying there (7-8 times a year)
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by travelmi
W-A NYC : Blackstone has certainly spent most of its CAPEX on the lobby, which appears to be the most impressive part of the hotel. Aside from that, the carpet and TVs in the rooms are overdue for upgrades. Nonetheless, the staff is friendly and the service is satisfactory. Buffet breakfast in Peacock Lounge has very limited selections but very expensive. I did got upgraded most of the time while staying there (7-8 times a year)
upgraded to what????
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Sorry for asking questions that I am sure have been answered a dozen times already:

a) can the 'devaluation free night' voucher be used for a W-A stay?

b) can the 'free night on us" vouchers (up to 3) be used for a W-A stay?

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:31 pm

can the 'devaluation free night' voucher be used for a W-A stay?

a) No

can the 'free night on us" vouchers (up to 3) be used for a W-A stay?

b) Yes
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by luv2go
can the 'devaluation free night' voucher be used for a W-A stay?

a) No

can the 'free night on us" vouchers (up to 3) be used for a W-A stay?

b) Yes
Thanks! (And these vouchers can be used for other people's stays, yes?)
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by saad
upgraded to what????
I was told that they rarely upgrade people as too many Diamonds/Golds stay on any particular night. However, they do say taht they try to give out better rooms for elite members.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I was told that they rarely upgrade people as too many Diamonds/Golds stay on any particular night. However, they do say taht they try to give out better rooms for elite members.
makes sense....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:56 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
They do upgrade to astor, junior, mini and other assorted suites. But as said, it's dependent on how many other Golds and Diamonds are competing with you on a given night, and it's also dependent on your length of stay (as with any hotel upgrade program).

I will say that a Diamond with 5 prior stays at the W=A will score an upgrade sooner than a Diamond with no stays. Especially after you've made yourself known the fantastic staff in the Diamond Reception (to the left of the long, main check in counter)
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Thought I would try and breath life into this thread. I wish it would be made a sticky!

Stay duration : 5 nights
Booking type: reward
Room type booked : Queen Deluxe
Number of people staying : 3
Upgrade: King Mini-Suite
Room: 2221

Room has an L-shaped entry hall, living room with fold out couch, bedroom with king bed and two baths. There is a partial view of the Chrysler Building spire as the room faces 49th. The room was comfortable but not sparkly new. The baths were probably remodeled in the 80s with cream pedestal sinks and brass fixtures. The layout certainly gave us privacy since there were 3 of us.

I selected all Nor1 e-standby upgrade options. We needed more space as there were 3 of us so I was willing to pay. Total cost for the upgrade was 59$ per night.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Appreciate if someone with prior experience could guide me?

I am booking a 5 day family stay in December and have been offered a good rate for a "1KING 1BR CONCIERGE LV STE"

If anyone with prior WA experience could let me know how big the room is at the WA website is not very descriptive.

Many thanks
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
After many years staying in the WA this is the first time I have seen anything like this. Sadly i can offer no new info because I never kept my records. I do recall that within category there was a huge variety also, but this thread suggests there has been some recent standardization. True?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:45 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by asimha
Appreciate if someone with prior experience could guide me?

I am booking a 5 day family stay in December and have been offered a good rate for a "1KING 1BR CONCIERGE LV STE"

If anyone with prior WA experience could let me know how big the room is at the WA website is not very descriptive.

Many thanks
The 1BR suites on the concierge level (26) are pretty spacious. A large living room, marble foyer entry, and a large bedroom as well. I'd say it's around 700 Square Feet.

The bathroom is a little smallish, though. Depending on your needs, you might downgrade to a mini suite on the concierge level. These also have 2 rooms, although a *little* bit smaller overall. The prime benefit, though, is that there are two full bathrooms. If you want this, make sure you book the minisuite on the concierge level and then call the hotel and ask that you be blocked in one with 2 bathrooms.

December is VERY busy, so book the room you want because there will unlikely be any hopes of a decent upgrade. It sounds like you went that route by confirming a suite though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.