Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
For those of you there now or will be in the next couple of weeks, I'd love to see a picture of the breakfast menu (not buffet) at the Grand Dining Room. The one on the webstie doesn't have prices. Thanks.

Last edited by linsj; Aug 19, 2018 at 8:10 am
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by linsj
For those of you there now or will be in the next couple of weeks, I'd love to see a picture of the breakfast menu (not buffet) at the Grand Dining Room. The one on the webstie doesn't have prices. Thanks.
for better or worse ~ saying that because of Hurricane Lane~ I’ll be there tomorrow. I hope everyone is safe and that they have enough indoor activities to keep my 5 year old busy. Since we’ll unfortunately have a lot of indoor time i’ll Try to get you that pic.

If if there are any local Hilton employees reading this, I hope you, your families, and homes remain safe.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Only visit Grande Spa

I checked a lot of threads and find the grande spa at Grande Wailea Wardorf is good though the hotel is just average.

I find there is a promotion for gold member to visit the grande spa. I was wondering if I will not stay at hotel, is it possible to apply the gold promotion (like 20% off)? Could I check it as a purchase in Hilton for credit cards points purpose.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
If Spa Grande is good and GW is just average you grade on a pretty tough curve.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Was this the thread about the GW being sold/changing management? Please don't make me go back over 600+ posts...

Would anyone be nervous about booking an award stay for next Fall?

Thought we were going to do HHV but husband wants to go back here, but I don't want to be left in the lurch after buying air (which I obviously have not purchased yet).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
I would say some Diamonds get upgrades. I have been a Diamond for 8 of the last 9 years, staying there 9 or 10 times in that time frame, and have a stay booked in October for a week. I would say we have gotten upgraded probably a third of the time. We do book in the Napua Tower, so upgrades there might be a little harder. But there are a fair number of reports of Diamond upgrades. I doubt GW would leave you in the Terrace rooms, but no one can promise you anything.
Stayed here 10 times already. Have another reservations December 26-January 5 and EVERY one has been upgraded
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Was this the thread about the GW being sold/changing management? Please don't make me go back over 600+ posts...

Would anyone be nervous about booking an award stay for next Fall?

Thought we were going to do HHV but husband wants to go back here, but I don't want to be left in the lurch after buying air (which I obviously have not purchased yet).
A search would sped up your quest for info.

The sale was back in February...we were there about 2 weeks later. No changes noted, and staff wasn't aware anything major was changing. There certainly hasn't been any changes mentioned here.

We are booked for a week mid October.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:24 pm

Yes, I know, just lazy. I think if the award stay is available for what we want, we'll do it.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Food credit changed again

So this afternoon we checked in at this hotel. It seems that the food credit procedure has changed again. It is still $15 per person, but only valid for in-room dining (throughout the day). That means you have $30 food credit per day if 2 people are staying.
However: since they add on a 7$ delivery charge and a 20% service charge, that means you get roughly $ 19 net food credit per day. This is almost 2/3 of the cost of an in room continental breakfast for 1 person. If you order 3 pancakes and a coffee, you've already overspent. What a joke.
Oh and you get the daily credit from check-in date until the day before you check out. So no breakfast on your last day either.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by AaronD23
So this afternoon we checked in at this hotel. It seems that the food credit procedure has changed again. It is still $15 per person, but only valid for in-room dining (throughout the day). That means you have $30 food credit per day if 2 people are staying.
However: since they add on a 7$ delivery charge and a 20% service charge, that means you get roughly $ 19 net food credit per day. This is almost 2/3 of the cost of an in room continental breakfast for 1 person. If you order 3 pancakes and a coffee, you've already overspent. What a joke.
Oh and you get the daily credit from check-in date until the day before you check out. So no breakfast on your last day either.
$15 is $15. How is the reward listed? If you have a 5 night stay, do you get 5 credits?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
$15 is $15. How is the reward listed? If you have a 5 night stay, do you get 5 credits?
I disagree - forcing you to have room service is worse than what they did before (can't use your breakfast benefit at breakfast!)

What is so difficult here? Just credit the $15pp pd off your total bill, that way you have choices on how to use it, no one venue gets dinged or busy slammed because they are the only option. HHV does it that way, no drama.

And if you stay 5 nights, get the credit for 5 nights.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I disagree - forcing you to have room service is worse than what they did before (can't use your breakfast benefit at breakfast!)

What is so difficult here? Just credit the $15pp pd off your total bill, that way you have choices on how to use it, no one venue gets dinged or busy slammed because they are the only option. HHV does it that way, no drama.

And if you stay 5 nights, get the credit for 5 nights.
This is not HHV. The is a Waldorf Astoria property. If $15 is that critical to your enjoyment of a hotel stay you should look at lower cost properties than Top Tier selections in Maui.
Are you saying you have 5 nights at the property and they are only giving you 4 credits or are you staying 5 nights and expect the 6th day to be covered? Getting awfully worked up over $15. Also, maybe they don't actually want you to use it......example AMEX platinum gives you credits but makes them harder to use than say Chase Sapphire Reserve
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:57 pm

I'm not getting "worked up" over $15, I'm getting worked up over $30. No seriously, I don't like being owed a benefit (breakfast) and it keeps changing with ridiculous rules to comply. It's not even the value - if they said you each can get a muffin and coffee from a kiosk every day, that would be fine, since it would be a "breakfast benefit".

And you're right, it's not the HHV. Too bad. They make things so simple.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
You get $15 credit pp daily, starting from the check-in day until the day before check-out (5 nights, 5 credits). After going out for dinner last night, we learned that that our credit for that day would expire at midnight, so we just ordered some cheesecake, which was $27 all charges included.
I agree with Eujeanie in that the value doesn't really matter to me either. It's the principle of the complimentary breakfast that gets lost. The rudeness of front desk staff doesn't help in this regard either.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:57 pm

Upon further reflection, having said coffee and muffin delivered to the door without having to go out to get it (even if it's just down the way) sounds nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.