Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 1999, 11:40 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, it is a problem- I'm just trying to be patient (and I gues it is not my nature so I'm trying real hard!)
Old Aug 19, 1999, 7:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
I have had the same problems. The Hilton site went from one of the best to a difficult journey. Hope they read this info and do something to expedite info transfer.
Old Jan 31, 2000, 6:02 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Online booking error

Sometimes when making an online reservation through the Hilton web site, it gives an error message when there is no availability, but it does not tell that there is no availability. The error message gives the impression that the online reservation is down, while it is not.
Old Jan 31, 2000, 6:21 pm
Original Member

I've had this as well - I strange error message that does'nt really tell you much. What I've been told by the internet helpline number, is that one or more (but not all) of the nights are unavailable. If all were unavailable then it will take you to other hotels / dates option. After being told this, I did a bit of checking and went thru each night individually, and lo and behold, one night had no availability.

Hope this helps,

Tim
Old Feb 1, 2000, 7:54 am

I had been trying to book at the Hilton Paris via the website yesterday and got an error message. I read this thread this morning and then tried the days separately. No problems, all available. Then tried all together. Now no problem, lots of availability. Then tried specifying non-smoking rooms, and bingo! "We are having trouble processing this request..." So I booked via the web and specified a non-smoking preference in the comments section. I love the way well-designed technology makes life easier <sigh>.
Old Feb 1, 2000, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I find that both Hilton and Holiday-Inn/Crowne Plaza booking sites have problems processing non-smoking request rooms outside North America, and especially at properties in Africa and some Asian countries. It may well be that all the limited number of non-smoking rooms are indeed booked, but I can't believe this is always the case.

So, I have given up specifying this on the search phase, and just ask for any king bedded room, book a smoking room. I then add a note on the final payment screen requesting non-smoking with a "please" and "thank you". They always seem to have that non-smoking room when I arrive
Old Apr 18, 2000, 8:25 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

www.hilton.com will be inaccessible from 6:00pm - 9:00pm CDT 4/19

Due to scheduled site upgrades on Wednesday, April 19, www.hilton.com will be inaccessible from 6:00pm - 9:00pm (CDT) on that day. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. Thank you...Hilton eBusiness Team.

Thanks for the warning!
Old May 25, 2000, 5:02 pm

HHonors web site down ??

I can't access the HHonors web site. All I get is the following message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'
[b]Object required: '[object]'[b/]
[b]/XMLCode.asp, line 38[b/]

Is anyone else having problems ?

[This message has been edited by Schutzee (edited 05-25-2000).]
Old May 25, 2000, 6:08 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
www.hiltonhhonors.com works; www.hilton.com/hhonors/ bombs out.

Quit your .....ing. They chose to run their web site on Microsoft IIS. You can choose to spend your dollars elsewhere.
Old May 25, 2000, 6:57 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Folks,
The HHonors website is like the US stock market, one day up, the next day down. It has been a problem since the redesign of their website.
Old May 26, 2000, 12:41 am

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Latest Update off their web site .

Now they have the courtesy to tell that they will be down again ......

Hilton.com Unavailable
In our continuing efforts to make your
Hilton.com visits quicker and more
enjoyable, we occasionally must bring
our system down for maintenance. On
Saturday, May 27, from 2100 - 2230
(CDT), the entire Hilton.com site will be
down. Beginning at 2230 (CDT),Hilton.com will again be available, but reservation processing for Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, and Conrad International will not be available until 0600 (CDT) on Sunday, May 28.

However, reservation processing for
Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inns, Hampton Inn & Suites, and Red Lion Hotels will be available the entire time.
Thank you for your patience and your
patronage!
Old May 26, 2000, 3:54 pm

EPS,
Thanks ! I was able to get in with www.hiltonhhonors.com
Old May 26, 2000, 5:46 pm

up or down , the site is very slow and loaded. it takes forever to get the needed information.
Old May 27, 2000, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Thanks EPS I was able to get on too. Sadly three of my stays are missing.
Old May 27, 2000, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
What has really been down is the www.hhonors.com/profile That one looked up today but kept repeating itself, sending me back to hotel preferences (low floor, etc) and never getting the update out for the bonus. Adam, Adam, What say??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.