Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Another random note but they had someone metering the elevator tonight at the rainbow tower. 15 minutes later he was gone and the line was 30 deep. Not sure the point of that.
Elevators in general in the best of times are aggravating and now this. I get it wanting to travel or just "get out of town" for a few days however is all this worth it, I am not sure.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Elevators in general in the best of times are aggravating and now this. I get it wanting to travel or just "get out of town" for a few days however is all this worth it, I am not sure.
Yeah pack your patience. I’ve already had it stop on 10 floors and each one still tries to cram their way in. If waiting for or being in a crowded elevator right now bothers you this is not the place to go. It’s generally worst going down in the morning and going up as the sun goes down which is nothing new here but if you can avoid those times you might be ok. Otherwise best of luck.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:36 pm

Yeah pack your patience. I’ve already had it stop on 10 floors and each one still tries to cram their way in. If waiting for or being in a crowded elevator right now bothers you this is not the place to go. It’s generally worst going down in the morning and going up as the sun goes down which is nothing new here but if you can avoid those times you might be ok. Otherwise best of luck.
Problem is all the majors up and down the beach are about the same when it comes to their elevators, heck the Hyatt is mostly likely the biggest disaster on the beach. Of course successive ownership has bled that place dry to a shell of what it once was but the HHV is right up there. Thank you "equity capital" for all you do for us.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Not quite hhv related but I just checked out and switched to the Sheraton. Pretty pricey but I have gold through the Amex platinum that I haven’t used yet in several years. They upgraded us to an oceanfront and room that was double the price of our city view room. I booked it this morning to and the lady was apologetic that they didn’t have a king room available and only had 2 doubles (I’m a tall dude).

Kind of sad I get this good of treatment from a credit card gold vs earned diamond at Hilton. Not sure if it’s a one off but still. Beautiful ocean view with a lot of privacy on the balcony to boot.
happychic likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:36 pm

Not quite hhv related but I just checked out and switched to the Sheraton. Pretty pricey but I have gold through the Amex platinum that I haven’t used yet in several years. They upgraded us to an oceanfront and room that was double the price of our city view room. I booked it this morning to and the lady was apologetic that they didn’t have a king room available and only had 2 doubles (I’m a tall dude).

Kind of sad I get this good of treatment from a credit card gold vs earned diamond at Hilton. Not sure if it’s a one off but still. Beautiful ocean view with a lot of privacy on the balcony to boot.
downward spiral

Happy New Year !
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:27 pm

From recent experience, is the place on the beach that rents beach chairs and umbrellas open?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Danski
From recent experience, is the place on the beach that rents beach chairs and umbrellas open?
Doesn't look like it: Off to Honolulu

David
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:53 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by Danski
The chair and umbrella rental place on Kuhio Beach is closed. So is the snack bar. Restrooms are open.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
dlaue, you are in the HHV thread. The chair and umbrella rental place on the beach at the HHV is open.
You are also in the Hilton Garden Inn thread so that is where Waikiki Beach, Kuhio Beach is. Speaking of which, did the HGI change their breakfast? Or did you move to HHV?
I have upcoming reservations at both HHV and HGI and am wondering if there are changes since my trip there last month.
Specifically, HHV had no Hilton restaurants or bars open -- is that still the case?
I had the great breakfast at HGI when there also. Did it return?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
At HHV right now. No bars or restaurants are open. $10/night/per person in the room, credit for on property food and beverage.

the umbrella/chair rental place is open.

the link below lays it all out what’s open etc. I’m gold already had an ocean view room, so no upgrade.

https://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.co...Compendium.pdf

Last edited by grbflyer; Mar 4, 2021 at 3:10 pm Reason: Change in comp for breakfast
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by lking
dlaue, you are in the HHV thread. The chair and umbrella rental place on the beach at the HHV is open.
You are also in the Hilton Garden Inn thread so that is where Waikiki Beach, Kuhio Beach is. Speaking of which, did the HGI change their breakfast? Or did you move to HHV?
I have upcoming reservations at both HHV and HGI and am wondering if there are changes since my trip there last month.
Specifically, HHV had no Hilton restaurants or bars open -- is that still the case?
I had the great breakfast at HGI when there also. Did it return?

Thanks
As of February 22, the HGI still only offers the box breakfast from the attached bodega.
Will return there April 3 and update this, if necessary.
I was aware that the thread was HHV, but wanted to give some data.
When we walked by the HHV two weeks ago there were tourists with chairs and umbrellas on the beach but, strangely, there were no rental staff visible at the HHV rental sites.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond

Not the best photo. But here are the prices as of 3/4/21
happychic likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:32 pm

Before you rent any chairs, boogie boards, or other stuff, ask at the bell desk if they have any left behind by other guests. Most Hawaii hotels have a storage room of beach stuff that they will loan you for free.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by grbflyer
At HHV right now. No bars or restaurants are open. $10/night/per person in the room, credit for on property food and beverage.

the umbrella/chair rental place is open.

the link below lays it all out what’s open etc. I’m gold already had an ocean view room, so no upgrade.

https://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.co...Compendium.pdf

You know at some point one has to ask themselves is it worth it to travel to the islands purely for vacation? Limited service both at hotels/resorts and elsewhere dampens the enjoyment of the islands. My wife has family there so for us its a little different however we enjoy sitting by the pool, having lunch there and just reading. While sometimes the crowds can be a bit much they do add to the experience.

Keep us posted.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
dlaue, grbflyer, thanks for all that great information. Looks like things have changed quite a bit at HHV, for the better, since my last visit in January. Will be there in a couple weeks and again in April. dlaue, will be at HHV same time you'll be at HGI so we'll have to compare breakfasts again. I was at HGI in December and asked about chairs and they didn't have any. They said because of covid they cleared all stuff out, so hopefully they'll have some when you get there.

HHV is great for beach and HGI is great for walking all around Waikiki. I enjoy them both so thanks for the updates. edgewood49, I'm a local so completely understand your comments. I go for the beach, food, family, friends, and everything local so you're right, although it is a little different these past few months, it still is very enjoyable. And lots less traffic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.