Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 6, 19, 2:11 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Wiki Link
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Villageģ Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors ó such as broken links, for example ó to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2014 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Links to moved posts should still work.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 30, 20, 7:39 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by sfgiants13 View Post
Another random note but they had someone metering the elevator tonight at the rainbow tower. 15 minutes later he was gone and the line was 30 deep. Not sure the point of that.
Elevators in general in the best of times are aggravating and now this. I get it wanting to travel or just "get out of town" for a few days however is all this worth it, I am not sure.
Old Dec 30, 20, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Elevators in general in the best of times are aggravating and now this. I get it wanting to travel or just "get out of town" for a few days however is all this worth it, I am not sure.
Yeah pack your patience. Iíve already had it stop on 10 floors and each one still tries to cram their way in. If waiting for or being in a crowded elevator right now bothers you this is not the place to go. Itís generally worst going down in the morning and going up as the sun goes down which is nothing new here but if you can avoid those times you might be ok. Otherwise best of luck.
Old Dec 30, 20, 5:36 pm

Yeah pack your patience. Iíve already had it stop on 10 floors and each one still tries to cram their way in. If waiting for or being in a crowded elevator right now bothers you this is not the place to go. Itís generally worst going down in the morning and going up as the sun goes down which is nothing new here but if you can avoid those times you might be ok. Otherwise best of luck.
Problem is all the majors up and down the beach are about the same when it comes to their elevators, heck the Hyatt is mostly likely the biggest disaster on the beach. Of course successive ownership has bled that place dry to a shell of what it once was but the HHV is right up there. Thank you "equity capital" for all you do for us.
Old Dec 31, 20, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Not quite hhv related but I just checked out and switched to the Sheraton. Pretty pricey but I have gold through the Amex platinum that I havenít used yet in several years. They upgraded us to an oceanfront and room that was double the price of our city view room. I booked it this morning to and the lady was apologetic that they didnít have a king room available and only had 2 doubles (Iím a tall dude).

Kind of sad I get this good of treatment from a credit card gold vs earned diamond at Hilton. Not sure if itís a one off but still. Beautiful ocean view with a lot of privacy on the balcony to boot.
happychic likes this.
Old Dec 31, 20, 9:36 pm

Not quite hhv related but I just checked out and switched to the Sheraton. Pretty pricey but I have gold through the Amex platinum that I havenít used yet in several years. They upgraded us to an oceanfront and room that was double the price of our city view room. I booked it this morning to and the lady was apologetic that they didnít have a king room available and only had 2 doubles (Iím a tall dude).

Kind of sad I get this good of treatment from a credit card gold vs earned diamond at Hilton. Not sure if itís a one off but still. Beautiful ocean view with a lot of privacy on the balcony to boot.
downward spiral

Happy New Year !
Old Feb 13, 21, 1:27 pm

From recent experience, is the place on the beach that rents beach chairs and umbrellas open?
Old Feb 13, 21, 2:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Danski View Post
From recent experience, is the place on the beach that rents beach chairs and umbrellas open?
Doesn't look like it: Off to Honolulu

David
Old Feb 13, 21, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Danski View Post
The chair and umbrella rental place on Kuhio Beach is closed. So is the snack bar. Restrooms are open.
Old Feb 14, 21, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2+MM
dlaue, you are in the HHV thread. The chair and umbrella rental place on the beach at the HHV is open.
You are also in the Hilton Garden Inn thread so that is where Waikiki Beach, Kuhio Beach is. Speaking of which, did the HGI change their breakfast? Or did you move to HHV?
I have upcoming reservations at both HHV and HGI and am wondering if there are changes since my trip there last month.
Specifically, HHV had no Hilton restaurants or bars open -- is that still the case?
I had the great breakfast at HGI when there also. Did it return?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: