Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by smcc3573
FYI seems prices continue to rise.... I just booked a GLONP12 for June and here is some info I got direct from hotel.
I also booked a GLONP2 for June.
It will be our honeymoon. Do you know if we would still get the free honeymoon option during a reward stay?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:56 am

Gold and Diamond Benefits

You do not mention your elite status .

There is a special deal for Gold and Platinum elites at the Conrad Maldives which is outlined below. Gold members have the benes in Package 2 below, while Diamond members may make a choice between Package 1 OR Package 2. There are no benefits for Silver elites.

With regard to any additional benefits for guests on their honeymoon I very much doubt if the Conrad allows for double-dipping (for example, 2 sunset cruises). I would however suggest that you contact the hotel.

Also, let us know the outcome.

Conrad Maldives Benefits:

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at the Conrad Maldives we are unable to offer upgraded accommodations. However, we are delighted to offer Diamond VIPs a choice of either VIP Package 1 or 2, during your stay:

VIP Package 1

* Daily breakfast for member and one guest in either Atoll Market or Vilu restaurant
* One bottle of wine*
* One half-day excursion for member and one guest (a choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, or Snorkeling Safari)
* Deluxe fruit basket upon arrival

VIP Package 2

* Daily happy hour beverages* (Vilu or Rangali Bar)
* One bottle of wine*
* One half-day excursion for member and one guest (a choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, or Snorkeling Safari).
* Conrad branded merchandise upon departure

*Service of alcoholic beverages is subject to local laws.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Free_Spirit
I also booked a GLONP2 for June.
It will be our honeymoon. Do you know if we would still get the free honeymoon option during a reward stay?
Yes, you get both VIP benefit and honeymoon benefit. I was there on my honeymoon in Late June and received both. In addition, I did a paid upgrade to a deluxe water villa. At that point I got free breakfast (paying guests still receive it I believe and they considered the upgrade as "paying"). At that point we took option 2 in the VIP benefits since the main benefit of option 1 is the free breakfast.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:54 pm

The seaplane transfer charges are US$ 400.00 per person for the return
trip, US$ 200.00.

The roundtrip airfare is $400.00 correct? Why do they mention $200.00 afterwards? That isnt an additional surcharge is it? Also do you have to pay a 10 percent service fee on top of the 400.00 dollars for the flight?

A half day excursion (a choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, orSnorkelling Safari)

Which is the best option to select for the VIP benefit? thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by globaltrotter

A half day excursion (a choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, orSnorkelling Safari)

Of the three, we did the Snorkeling Safari which wasn't bad. I can't imagine the Dhoni is a great place for a sunset cruise. They're just not that big. One of the honeymoon options was a Sunset cruise on the yacht which was nice (much more spacious). Not sure on the Mandhoo Island Tour....
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:56 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
The seaplane transfer charges are US$ 400.00 per person for the return
trip, US$ 200.00.

The roundtrip airfare is $400.00 correct? Why do they mention $200.00 afterwards? That isnt an additional surcharge is it? Also do you have to pay a 10 percent service fee on top of the 400.00 dollars for the flight?

I think the $200 is half price airfare for OP's daughter.

Taxi flight is now $400 per person, the $118 per night for our daughter was also a "pleasant" surprise, we will also have to buy breakfast for her too, as VIP offer only covers 2 adults....
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, FTL
Originally Posted by rdchen
I think the $200 is half price airfare for OP's daughter.
i was guessing this too, but wouldnt be surprised if I pay full fare for her, as far as I am aware there is no 10% ontop for the flight as its not actually the hotel which is providing the service.

Also FYI for those travelling with children I got info on the kids facilities and it looks fantastic with a daily program running from 8:30 until 10pm so you can get plenty of peace and quiet if you chose, they also do babysitting for 10$ per hour which is reasonable
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by sharklover
Has anyone gone scuba diving at the hotel? I was thinking of going to the Maldives to go diving and was going to go the the Conrad for a few days and then on a dive liveaboard.
I have never been there so I cannot speak directly to the diving at the resort. Getting back into the boat can't be any worse than slinking back over the gunwale of the Boston Whalers in the Dominican Republic!

If you have never been on a live-aboard you need to do so! In that part of the world I believe that Peter Hughes Ocean Dancer would be worth looking at http://www.peterhughes.com/destination/maldives. There are probably other operators; I'm just very familiar with Hughes.

It is an excellent choice for those wanting to mix luxury with some serious diving. You can log three dives a day and there are two night dives in the Maldive ITIN. You can choose from 7- or 10-day trips. The service is top-notch. You hardly ever touch your gear and the food is to die for.

From the content of some of the posts, you can spend about as much at the Conrad on a 'free' stay as you would for a week on a live-aboard. Now you have me looking at my calendar next year.

Whether you dive at the resort or do live-aboard, any day of getting wet is a good day!^
Old Nov 22, 2008, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Yes, you get both VIP benefit and honeymoon benefit. I was there on my honeymoon in Late June and received both. In addition, I did a paid upgrade to a deluxe water villa. At that point I got free breakfast (paying guests still receive it I believe and they considered the upgrade as "paying"). At that point we took option 2 in the VIP benefits since the main benefit of option 1 is the free breakfast.
Thanks. That's terrific!
How was the weather in June, btw? I heard that it's monsoon season and some excursions got cancelled.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Free_Spirit
Thanks. That's terrific!
How was the weather in June, btw? I heard that it's monsoon season and some excursions got cancelled.
We were there in very late June. It rained one night. We didn't have any excursions get cancelled, but we did have several dinners cancelled. We had our dinner at Koko get cancelled because of that rain. We also had the Lobster and Champagne BBQ and Wine Cellar Dinner cancelled due to not enough people being interested in them. It is the low season at that time.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:24 am

Jasonvr, thanks for the info. I so look forward to the trip!
Old Nov 25, 2008, 6:51 am

Is the half-board option still 60 per person plus 10 percent service charge? Or is it going up for 2009? Does it include buffet breakfast AND buffet dinner only at Atoll Market (even on a reward stay)? Is the food good at Atoll Market or not worth it? Thanks!

Last edited by globaltrotter; Nov 25, 2008 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Is the half-board option still 60 per person plus 10 percent service charge? Or is it going up for 2009? Does it include buffet breakfast AND buffet dinner only at Atoll Market (even on a reward stay)? Is the food good at Atoll Market or not worth it? Thanks!
The half board option for 2009 is $75/person. Per the 2009 rate sheet:

Half Board supplement entitles guests to dine at Atoll Market only and does not include beverages.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: Too many to list
A couple of questions to the Conrad vets:

1) What about the resort water? Is it filtered/potable? Or is the Conrad essentially set up to sell 12-16oz bottles of water for $5? I'm assuming it's comped at the buffets, but during the day is it a per bottle charge, or could we fill up glasses from the room?

We don't mind paying for water, we drink a ton of it (we're not camels!) and pay for it when we travel, but find the prices at the more isolated resorts to be a bit extreme.

2) For any recent voyagers, has the breakfast policy been clairified, yet? Are reward stays still charged for the breakfast buffet, or have you all been sneaking in and not giving your room#?

3) Has anyone shipped anything to the resort? (cost, time, etc?) We ask b/c we will be arriving after our third week away from home, in the middle of a six week U.S. > Europe > SE Asia > Europe > U.S. jaunt and might need to ship a few supplies...

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
A couple of questions to the Conrad vets:

1) What about the resort water? Is it filtered/potable? Or is the Conrad essentially set up to sell 12-16oz bottles of water for $5? I'm assuming it's comped at the buffets, but during the day is it a per bottle charge, or could we fill up glasses from the room?

We don't mind paying for water, we drink a ton of it (we're not camels!) and pay for it when we travel, but find the prices at the more isolated resorts to be a bit extreme.
We had more water than we could drink while we were there for 6 days. The room had a huge (maybe 2) bottles put in it each day for free. If you don't use one of them, put it aside and they will replace it. Everywhere we went we got free bottles (at the pool, on the beach, in the SCUBA dhonis, in the gym, etc). I didn't buy a single bottle the entire time I was there (except possibly with a lunch).

In addition, I believe that they state the water from the tap is perfectly drinkable (IIRC) but I think they still recommend bottled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.