FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:28 am
spartacus

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by sharklover
Has anyone gone scuba diving at the hotel? I was thinking of going to the Maldives to go diving and was going to go the the Conrad for a few days and then on a dive liveaboard.
I have never been there so I cannot speak directly to the diving at the resort. Getting back into the boat can't be any worse than slinking back over the gunwale of the Boston Whalers in the Dominican Republic!

If you have never been on a live-aboard you need to do so! In that part of the world I believe that Peter Hughes Ocean Dancer would be worth looking at http://www.peterhughes.com/destination/maldives. There are probably other operators; I'm just very familiar with Hughes.

It is an excellent choice for those wanting to mix luxury with some serious diving. You can log three dives a day and there are two night dives in the Maldive ITIN. You can choose from 7- or 10-day trips. The service is top-notch. You hardly ever touch your gear and the food is to die for.

From the content of some of the posts, you can spend about as much at the Conrad on a 'free' stay as you would for a week on a live-aboard. Now you have me looking at my calendar next year.

Whether you dive at the resort or do live-aboard, any day of getting wet is a good day!^