Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by ckone501
Thanks. What is the current price for a return trip?

What is the treatment of Gold Members? Free breakfast, ...?
I posted the price for the seaplane return trip on my post above ...

As for gold member treatment, it's on the Conrad Rangali website, click on Hilton HHonors (fourth from the bottom - above Download Brochure)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:46 am

I am Gold, so Breakfast should also be included, right?
Wrong I'm afraid.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Wrong I'm afraid.

If this is the case I would think about changing to Park Hyatt... Spending additional 100s of $ for breakfast wouldnt make sense to me...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:17 am

If this is the case I would think about changing to Park Hyatt... Spending additional 100s of $ for breakfast wouldnt make sense to me...
It is very stingy of them given I believe all cash rates include breakfast, so the only people not on free breakfast are Gold and Silver Honors award stays.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:54 pm

It is very stingy of them given I believe all cash rates include breakfast, so the only people not on free breakfast are Gold and Silver Honors award stays.
Got it:

Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Benefits:

Package 2 (for HHonors Gold Members)
Daily Happy Hour beverages* (Vilu or Rangali Bar)
One bottle of wine*
One half-day excursion for member and one guest (a choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, or Snorkeling Safari)
Conrad branded merchandise upon departure

Last edited by ckone501; Jun 22, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors - Diamond
DVDs

Will DVDs from the U.S. play on the Conrad's DVD players? If not, is there a way to connect a computer directly to the TV and watch them that way?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: A few
What are the room options at Conrad Rangali for a family of four (two younger kids ages 7 and 9)? Could a deluxe twin beach front cover all of us?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
But Gold's do get the option of breakfast like Diamonds don't they?

I had the choice and whilst I am not one to turn down free booze, I would have opted for breakfast over the drinks (which I got anyway via the room type) anytime I had a choice. It isn't that there is any real issue with the drinks just that having a free breakfast is better value. It is however nice to have the choice.

One tiny issue I would have with breakfast is that the main buffet restaurant (Atoll Market) was a bit of a zoo in the mornings and actively unpleasant (although the kids who were there were quite well behaved). Vilu was MUCH better and way more civilised (nice eggs Benedict too), but it will be a schelp for many especially those staying in the Spa Villas.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

One tiny issue I would have with breakfast is that the main buffet restaurant (Atoll Market) was a bit of a zoo in the mornings and actively unpleasant (although the kids who were there were quite well behaved). Vilu was MUCH better and way more civilised (nice eggs Benedict too), but it will be a schelp for many especially those staying in the Spa Villas.
While staying in the Spa Villas, we were also given the additional option of having breakfast at Mandhoo which is very close.

We had breakfast at all three options during our stay and I have to say after some reflection on the trip we miss the Atoll the most. I think the larger selection and eating with our barefeet in the sand made it. Of course we usually ate breakfast after we snorkeled so maybe it wasn't as crowded.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
But Gold's do get the option of breakfast like Diamonds don't they?
Nope. Not at any of the Maldives properties...

Maldives

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at the Conrad Maldives we are unable to offer upgraded accommodations. However, we are delighted to offer HHonors Gold Members alternate selections:

Beach House Maldives, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Benefits:

Package 1 (for HHonors Gold Elite Members)

* Daily Complimentary Happy Hours (selected choice of beverages)
* One bottle of wine
* Complimentary 30 minutes Head and Back massage for member and one guest (one time only)
* Fruit basket upon arrival (regular replenishment for subsequent days)

Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Benefits:

Package 2 (for HHonors Gold Members)

* Daily Happy Hour beverages* (Vilu or Rangali Bar)
* One bottle of wine*
* One half-day excursion for member and one guest (a choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, or Snorkeling Safari)
* Conrad branded merchandise upon departure

Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort & Spa

Exclusive benefits for HHonors Gold Members:

* Daily complimentary happy hour with bar tender's selection of beverages* in 'Water's Edge' from 5.00 to 6.00 PM (no food included)
* One bottle of house wine upon arrival*
* One half-day excursion for the member and one guest (guests choice of Sunset Fishing, Night Fishing, Snorkelling Safari or Discover Snorkelling)
* Fruit basket upon arrival
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ps9a
Nope. Not at any of the Maldives properties...
Wow have we accidentally hit upon what now seems to be the only real value of Diamond over Gold

I am a bit curious about what the Happy Hour drinks in the Rangali bar consist of (as freebies) since the only time we did Rangali Bar for Happy Hour we paid for our drinks.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Short Review

Last month I returned to the Conrad for my 2nd time. I was thinking about trying the Beachhouse but after looking into it further I decided to return to the Conrad. Things that made me decide were: 1.Much longer to get to BH and more costly if going by seaplane. 2. Only 1 restaurant is open each night in low season and the thing that made my choice easy was when I saw the price of the diving. The divng at BH costs much more than the Conrad and I heard its not very good. BH diving charges you for the check out dive and then everything is more and they charge 10% service.
The new arrivals lounge is really nice unfortunately we did not get enough time there. We only had around 20 minutes. Not enough time for my wife to get a massage and mine was cut short. I was not sure if I would like the hotel as much as I did last year but it turned out the be just as good. I love this hotel. It is an amazing place and like no other place i have been to. The staff are fantastic. I knew some from last year and they are all very friendly. We stayed in both a deluxe beach villa and a spa water villa. Both are great and I was happy I stayed in both. My only minor complaints are 1. The pool still had many missing tiles. This is not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. I heard they took all the water out last year to fix it but it is in need of repair. Despite that it is the most beautiful pool i have been to. 2. They no longer have splenda only sweet and low. We ate mainly at the bar. They have the best chicken tikka. Diving at the Conrad is decent not great and is very expensive. The service and ease is top notch. I am really happy I returned to the Conrad and look forward to returning again in the near future.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:00 pm

Great to hear you enjoyed your return! My wife and I visited for the 1st time in December of 2010 and we are going back for 3 weeks in Feb of 2012. We cannot wait!

Originally Posted by sharklover
Last month I returned to the Conrad for my 2nd time. I was thinking about trying the Beachhouse but after looking into it further I decided to return to the Conrad. Things that made me decide were: 1.Much longer to get to BH and more costly if going by seaplane. 2. Only 1 restaurant is open each night in low season and the thing that made my choice easy was when I saw the price of the diving. The divng at BH costs much more than the Conrad and I heard its not very good. BH diving charges you for the check out dive and then everything is more and they charge 10% service.
The new arrivals lounge is really nice unfortunately we did not get enough time there. We only had around 20 minutes. Not enough time for my wife to get a massage and mine was cut short. I was not sure if I would like the hotel as much as I did last year but it turned out the be just as good. I love this hotel. It is an amazing place and like no other place i have been to. The staff are fantastic. I knew some from last year and they are all very friendly. We stayed in both a deluxe beach villa and a spa water villa. Both are great and I was happy I stayed in both. My only minor complaints are 1. The pool still had many missing tiles. This is not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. I heard they took all the water out last year to fix it but it is in need of repair. Despite that it is the most beautiful pool i have been to. 2. They no longer have splenda only sweet and low. We ate mainly at the bar. They have the best chicken tikka. Diving at the Conrad is decent not great and is very expensive. The service and ease is top notch. I am really happy I returned to the Conrad and look forward to returning again in the near future.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Is there a weblink anywhere to see the map of this property? The full setup of villas, locations, distance from each other, etc..
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Wadge
Is there a weblink anywhere to see the map of this property? The full setup of villas, locations, distance from each other, etc..
Here is an old map of their property, http://www.clubairtravel.co.uk/maldives/conrad/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.