Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
I'm assuming it's the Quiet Zone area on the WV island?
Yes by the Koko Grill and not far from Vilu.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Just wondering what the benefits are here for gold members if any ? And what is a GLONP2 ??
I already have my way set to breakfast and upgrade does that mean if I book a beach V il recieve a WV , is there any executive lounge there for food and drinks throughout the day .
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:34 am

What is half board ?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Just wondering what the benefits are here for gold members if any ? And what is a GLONP2 ??
I already have my way set to breakfast and upgrade does that mean if I book a beach V il recieve a WV , is there any executive lounge there for food and drinks throughout the day .

GLONP2 is a reward stay - collect a certain amount of points and get a certain amount of nights free in a beach villa.

The benefits for Gold members are as follows:

Gold VIPs

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at Conrad Maldives, we are unable to offer upgraded accommodations. However, as you are a valued Gold VIP, we are delighted to offer you the following VIP package during your stay:

Daily happy hour beverages for you and one guest (Vilu or Rangali Bar)*
One bottle of wine*
One half-day excursion for you and one guest
(your choice of Mandhoo Island Tour, Dhoni Sunset Cruise, or Snorkeling Safari)

Conrad-branded merchandise upon departure

*Service of alcoholic beverages is subject to local laws.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:33 pm

Here is some more info on GLON awards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16555283-post3.html
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I am surprised nobody has mentioned as yet the Germany-built Nemo N100 submarine on offer at the Conrad. (The orange and white striped Nemo is colored to represent an Amphiprion percula, or clown anemonefish, as in the cartoon of the same fish, "Nemo".)

Nemo Tauchtouristik Nemo N100 3 place submarine

The submarine holds one pilot and two passengers in completely dry environments and each is afforded a 360 degree view by their individual cockpit bubbles. The tours offered are apparently thirty minutes long, and are in the waters of South Ari Atoll.

Price AFAIK is $280 for one person and $495 for 2. This is certainly a unique opportunity for non-divers to truly experience the underwater environment in the Maldives, and does not require any kind of certification. (Maybe I will see you down there - without a sub.)

According to General Manager Carsten Schieck, quoted in an article, “Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has always been a great place for snorkeling and diving but guests who can’t swim have had to miss out on that experience. With the arrival of our new submarine, we make this incredible underwater experience open to everyone in a way that’s very easy and comfortable – and no need to get wet!”

(Completely off topic, Amphipronidae in a colony are all male, except for the largest, sole female; if anything happens to her, the largest male develops into a fully functional female. Truth sometimes appears stranger than fiction.)

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 23, 2011 at 6:03 pm
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:05 pm

Thanks for posting the info JDiver! I read about that before on their facebook page - it looks so cool!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:46 pm

Awesome
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:47 pm

Is this the best Hilton to stay in Maldives for family ?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Originally Posted by JDiver

(Completely off topic, Amphipronidae in a colony are all male, except for the largest, sole female; if anything happens to her, the largest male develops into a fully functional female. Truth sometimes appears stranger than fiction.)
Yes, thats correct. We have them in our office and witnessed one change that was followed after an ibcredibly brutal fight. They can pull out some blade out of their tales and deadly hurt each other.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:22 pm
soy

Programs: various
Half board is Breakfast and dinner at the buffet in Atoll market
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:50 pm
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

You've got a choice of three properties in the Maldives:

Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Waldorf Astoria Maldives

All three are family-friendly although the Hilton positions itself as particularly family oriented.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ConradMaldives
You've got a choice of three properties in the Maldives:

Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Waldorf Astoria Maldives

All three are family-friendly although the Hilton positions itself as particularly family oriented.
Nice to get a useful, objective assessment from ConradMaldives about other HH Maldives properties.^ It's consistent with the professional manner in which you handle other such questions, so kudos to you. Perhaps all three have the same owner (assuming its not Hilton itself), so no direct competitive issues here, but still good to know that we can count on you in this way.

As for Shanye's question itself, I've only stayed at the Beach House Maldives, but my sense is that while I love the hotel it's probably be the least family-oriented of the three. There is a small children's play area (for very young kids) and a family-friendly pool, and I'd imagine the hotel would care for kids decently. But the clientele is overwhelmingly couples and the ambiance very couples-oriented. And given that it's much smaller than the other two Hilton properties, there is the least for kids to do there.

Also, it could be that there would be few if any other kids for yours to play with (if that's a consideration). I saw very few kids when my wife and I were there for eight days during the busiest time of year there in February, and none under about the age of 10. I passed by the kids' play area every day on the way to the fitness center, and never saw anyone there.

In addition, be aware that if your kids are quite young you wouldn't want to stay in the least expensive unit at BHM (if it even they let you occupy such a room to begin with), which is an OWB, due to safety considerations. AT the other two, the basic units are located by the beach.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I saw very few kids when my wife and I were there for eight days during the busiest time of year there in February, and none under about the age of 10. I passed by the kids' play area every day on the way to the fitness center, and never saw anyone there.
Hmm, this is really selling the BHM to us Shame it lacks some of the things we liked so much about the Conrad.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soy
Half board is Breakfast and dinner at the buffet in Atoll market
You also get credit for the Atoll market dinner against any other dining options. It doesn't seem terribly good value if you have the option of free breakfast as a Diamond. Also as a Diamond if you occupy an SWV or above (if I have got that right) you get the happy hour benefit in Vilu anyway (for what it is worth), so the only sensible Diamond benefit is breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.