Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
1st post on the forum, after years of lurking in the background!
I'm staying here this week. and have done several times over the years since it opened.
The speciality items are no longer available. I do recall you used to get a separate card with those items but when asked, the staff said it was stopped a while back (probably during Covid).
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by RetiringSoon
1st post on the forum, after years of lurking in the background!
I'm staying here this week. and have done several times over the years since it opened.
The speciality items are no longer available. I do recall you used to get a separate card with those items but when asked, the staff said it was stopped a while back (probably during Covid).
Thanks, so breakfast is buffet only now be it having it in the restaurant or the exec lounge?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:22 pm

No, from what I’ve experienced this past 2 weeks, there has been no breakfast in the Exec Lounge but a full buffer breakfast in Oxbo.
pazza2000 and wizla like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:34 pm

No, from what I’ve experienced this past 2 weeks, there has been no breakfast in the Exec Lounge but a full buffer breakfast in Oxbo.
Good to know. What’s the offering like in the lounge right now? Sounds like it’s open evenings only.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:44 pm

Yes, nothing during the day except soft drink and peanuts.
evening time between 6 & 8 there’s beers, wines and spirits. A rotation of 3 hots between 6 and 8, Thai beef curry with rice, chicken fajitas, meatballs and spaghetti. Closes at 10pm.

I was in last Saturday and it was pandemonium, queues for everything. Quieter during the week but still busy.
pazza2000, wizla, MP001 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:51 pm

Yes, nothing during the day except soft drink and peanuts.
evening time between 6 & 8 there’s beers, wines and spirits. A rotation of 3 hots between 6 and 8, Thai beef curry with rice, chicken fajitas, meatballs and spaghetti. Closes at 10pm.

I was in last Saturday and it was pandemonium, queues for everything. Quieter during the week but still busy.
Ah, that’s no good for me then.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
They do breakfast in the lounge during weekends when restaurant gets busy.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
They do breakfast in the lounge during weekends when restaurant gets busy.
Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:00 pm

Checked in last night for 3 nights. Was upgraded to a 1 Bedroom suite as a Diamond member. Hotel is packed and rooms are pushing 600 quid a night...... Ugh Wanted to book for the 19th but the rate is closer to 900.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's Wimbledon, I'm surprised they have any rooms left.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sdix
Checked in last night for 3 nights. Was upgraded to a 1 Bedroom suite as a Diamond member. Hotel is packed and rooms are pushing 600 quid a night...... Ugh Wanted to book for the 19th but the rate is closer to 900.
Checked in 3 nights ago for 5 nights (diamond)... No upgrade!

And yeah it's packed. I did ask at check-in and was told the hotel was completely sold out.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had a nice one night stay here last week. I was initially pre-upgraded to a deluxe room, but then a furher pre-upgrade came through in the morning to a one bedroom suite, perhaps because I did a couple of stays last year. Only stayed for one drink at the evening cocktails and the spread has declined from pre-Covid times. But it's really not that bad - fresh bread, some nice little antipasti items, cheese, desserts, cold meat, plus two or three hot dishes, albeit rather stodgy ones. Guest behaviour on a Thursday night was fine and the friendly lounge staff were serving a nice Cava. Breakfast in the main restaurant remains high quality, with good smoked salmon and sausages and nice fresh scrambled egg. They have removed the former jars of jelly beans and other sweets, which was a relief or I would have been unable to refrain from treating myself. I hadn't used the pool before and went in twice - really rather a pleasant area especially with the Jacuzzi. The gym also has a nice new-looking Concept2 Model E rowing machine, which is always appreciated. Overall I think this hotel remains one of the best Hilton options in London and at £213 booked a couple of weeks in advance I felt it was good value in the current climate, especially as Southwark tube is so close. The only downside I always find, which is very personal, is those uncomfortable naked bulbs in the bedside lights - I guess this is the price of 'design'!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:01 pm

I have always enjoyed this hotel, but my last stay was a few years ago. I'm looking at the possibility of staying at this hotel around the Christmas holidays. For a group of three adults (husband, wife and grandmother) and two children (11 and 8), does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the hotel will allow us to stay in two connecting rooms (either King or Twin) whose maximum occupancy is two for each room. I'm wondering if the hotel would make an exception to the room occupancy limits since we will have two connecting rooms?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Hilton doesn't seem to be short of choices when it comes to London. I read that this is one of the better properties. How so? Good value for the money?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lsquare
Hilton doesn't seem to be short of choices when it comes to London. I read that this is one of the better properties. How so? Good value for the money?
I would hope a quick glance upthread would answer this to some extent, it certainly has its fans. It's a moden, well run and reasonably high specification property, with many facilities. It's not perfect, it's a bit out of the way, it can be expensive (not always), and it has the same staff turnover issue that many hotels have these days. But depending on what you're looking for it can be good value for money, but if the rates are high and you want to be in the centre of things then there may well be better value options.
lsquare and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.